Pump your brakes on a 2020 season.

Advertisement
The thing is without an effective plan and execution of that plan, the virus could spread like a brush fire. We see the virus has hit the White House and they test people every day. What is going to happen when businesses and college campuses that don't/can't test workers and students?

I have a son in college and my nephew will be a freshman at Iowa this year. I think most schools will offer online classes and make class attendance optional to limit the number of students in the classroom. The schools can require masks be worn on campus.

All this can be done, but it won't stop the virus because college students will gather. It's what they do. They'll have parties and the like spreading the virus sround campus and into the local communities. There's no way a bunch of 18-22 year olds are going to follow all the guidelines. Mature adults don't even do it.

I don't know how college campuses are going to be able to stay open. I could see parents telling their kids to come home or the state governments forcing them to shut the campuses down.

I just see this thing getting worse.
I'm sure we'll see an increase when winter comes, but it will definitely not be what we've already seen. There's no way people will do this again for the same virus. Before long people will start noticing that they, along with their friends and neighbors are going downhill financially. That leads to people discovering the ones telling us to stay home and suffer are still earning an income and doing quite well for themselves. Things don't go well from there.

He’s a fraud. His 15 min of fame are almost up and he’s having a tough time letting go. The guy still thinks the virus came from a wet market, with zero prof it did. I guarantee you he’s tied to Chinese money.

@SSCane
@Cane_Mutiny
@Cane_Mutiny
@canesupremacy

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm sure we'll see an increase when winter comes, but it will definitely not be what we've already seen. There's no way people will do this again for the same virus. Before long people will start noticing that they, along with their friends and neighbors are going downhill financially. That leads to people discovering the ones telling us to stay home and suffer are still earning an income and doing quite well for themselves. Things don't go well from there.
There won't be another shutdown. There will just be mass infection until 70% of the people get it and of course more deaths unless a vaccine arrives sooner than expected.

We're just headed towards a hearding model like Sweden, but without the healthcare model to support such a move. There's no away around it because we haven't done what's necessary from a national perspective while we've been shutdown. It's where we're headed.

The thing is without an effective plan and execution of that plan, the virus could spread like a brush fire. We see the virus has hit the White House and they test people every day. What is going to happen when businesses and college campuses that don't/can't test workers and students?

I have a son in college and my nephew will be a freshman at Iowa this year. I think most schools will offer online classes and make class attendance optional to limit the number of students in the classroom. The schools can require masks be worn on campus.

All this can be done, but it won't stop the virus because college students will gather. It's what they do. They'll have parties and the like spreading the virus sround campus and into the local communities. There's no way a bunch of 18-22 year olds are going to follow all the guidelines. Mature adults don't even do it.

I don't know how college campuses are going to be able to stay open. I could see parents telling their kids to come home or the state governments forcing them to shut the campuses down.

I just see this thing getting worse.
Well said. But what if containment was never possible even with lockdown? That's where I've now fallen on this all. I think COVID was circulating around our country WAY before we locked down and that exponentially more Americans have/have had COVID than we even remotely realize. Most that did, weren't even aware they had it. We are seeing testing samples come out recently which support that (the full jail test, the 300'ish people who popped positive in a meat plant and 100% of them were asymptomatic, etc). If that's the case, then general lockdown has no function other than spacing out WHEN people get infected, for the sole purpose of not overwhelming hospitals with the relatively rare demographic of persons who end up in ICU because of this virus. And it also means COVID will inevitably circulate regardless of how long we stay locked down. IF that is true (and I get that's a big "if" at this point), then the only logical approach is to isolate and protect the most vulnerable as much as possible. And if that is true, then this entire analysis of "we can't have sports because it will lead to exponential growth" completely falls apart.

So, again, what you said above may absolutely prove to be true. But it all rests on an assumption that may actually prove to be false.

Last edited:
There won't be another shutdown. There will just be mass infection until 70% of the people get it and of course more deaths unless a vaccine arrives sooner than expected.

We're just headed towards a hearding model like Sweden, but without the healthcare model to support such a move. There's no away around it because we haven't done what's necessary from a national perspective while we've been shutdown. It's where we're headed.
Life experience has shown me that people who talk in absolute are totally ignorant about real life.

Advertisement

The curve has flattened. That was the goal.

Our health care system is better than people think. I seriously doubt we'll see anything as bad as NYC got again.

Well said. But what if containment was never possible even with lockdown? That's where I've now fallen on this all. I think COVID was circulating around our country WAY before we locked down and that exponentially more Americans have/have had COVID than we even remotely realize. Most that did, weren't even aware they had it. We are seeing testing samples come out recently which support that (the full jail test, the 300'ish people who popped positive in a meat plant and 100% of them were asymptomatic, etc). If that's the case, then general lockdown has no function other than spacing out WHEN people get infected (to not overwhelm hospitals). But it also means COVID will inevitably circulate regardless of how long we stay locked down. IF that is true (and I get that's a big "if" at this point), then the only logical approach is to isolate and protect the most vulnerable as much as possible. And if that is true, then this entire analysis of "we can't have sports because it will lead to exponential growth" completely falls apart.

So, again, what you said above may absolutely prove to be true. But it all rests on an assumption that may actually prove to be false.
To difficult of a concept for a short sighted simpleton...

The fact that no state has met the 14 day decline should give us pause. What this means is that Covid-19 will continue to rise as states open up their economies and they already have in 16 states.

We can't stay shut down forever, but I fear we're not prepared for what may come. We'll know in a month or two how things are playing out. I'd expect a decision to be made on football by the 1st of July if not sooner.

Not to be Jonny raincloud, but I just don't see this thing panning out for the Fall because in the short time that states have reopened, people are going back to their pre Covid-19 routines. I guess it's human nature, but nothing has occurred that people can just return to normal like nothing ever happened. The virus hasn't left. We don't have a vaccine. If we're going to be successful during this pandemic, we have to act responsibility or this whole thing won't work resulting in no football or any other sport for that matter.
Not saying you're wrong about college football not being played. Still an unknown. But for me, the reason it possibly won't be played is different than yours. We know in some places we're being forced to wear masks. Here's the deal. Too many people are still choosing to wear blindfolds. Take off the blindfolds, and we'll realize in most situations now, we do not need to be wearing masks. If you're a healthcare worker in a convalescent work environment, yes, wear a mask.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You don't even make sense. Just stop.
Why? because you can't get over your little absolutes....
1589298948381.jpeg

If it was up to Fauci, we'd all live in the Matrix and no one would ever get so much as a cut. This guy is a fascist wearing the mask of medicine and science.

Fascism;
a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition and criticism.

Last edited:
Not saying you're wrong about college football not being played. Still an unknown. But for me, the reason it possibly won't be played is different than yours. We know in some places we're being forced to wear masks. Here's the deal. Too many people are still choosing to wear blindfolds. Take off the blindfolds, and we'll realize in most situations now, we do not need to be wearing masks. If you're a healthcare worker in a convalescent work environment, yes, wear a mask.
Yah, you lost me. Most not wear mask? The virus is in the White House. They didn't wear masks either. The virus transmits from respiratory infection.

Wearing a mask is your only defense other than total isolation.

I do believe there'll be a college football season. I just dont think it's going to happen in the Fall. I hope I'm wrong because that would mean we have the virus under control.

Advertisement
Back