Pump your brakes on a 2020 season.

Advertisement
Fauci knows his stuff. He's the top u.s infectious disease expert and has been for decades. I dont see how there is going to be a season this year. Too many lives to risk let alone will there even be school for these to kids to go to.

Correction, he leads the the US Government Institute responsible for infectious diseases (among others).

That does not make him the leading or top expert for infectious diseases.

Tomato - toemahtoe

Doctors are always going to err on the side of caution, if it were up to them the entire country would be on full lockdown quarantine until there's a 100% effective vaccine.

When discussing these things you have to understand people like Fauci would rather there be nothing than anything, meaning, the contagion would be easier to deal with on a macro level if there is no activity whatsoever going on in the country.

Hearing from them they're always going to be overly cautious & highly alarmist, whether they are correct in that line of thinking remains to be seen, but they are simply looking at it from a health & hospital overrun standpoint. They just want to get it contained & to have less & less people being forced on the healthcare system, so if that means sports & everything else must be sacrificed in the process then so be it (according to them).

South Korea is already playing Baseball again, if America can't figure out how to continue organized live sports before 2020 is over then we've seriously failed as a Union. Covid-19 ain't going away until there's a cure, so we either need to shutdown for the rest of the year & go on a full Martial-Law style Quarantine or just accept the fact the virus is here to stay & move on accordingly.
This. It's analogous to my dermatologist telling me as a young kid that I should try and be exposed to the sun as little as possible and when I am I need 50+spf, long sleeves, long pants and a hat that shades my face, AT ALL TIMES. She literally told me that. From a pure skin cancer perspective is that correct? Yes. But it's not realistic. Same sh-t here. Of course someone like Fauci will have that position.

There will be football. We just won't play the games in nursing homes.

Fauci knows his stuff. He's the top u.s infectious disease expert and has been for decades. I dont see how there is going to be a season this year. Too many lives to risk let alone will there even be school for these to kids to go to.
Lots of schools have already announced in-person classes this Fall.

Some day Fauci is going to get exposed. Some cows will still blindly follow this dude because he's "experienced". Because he's the "expert". I'm calling BS on Fauci, CDC, WHO, etc. And notice I'm NOT saying Covid-19 isn't a real thing.

Advertisement
He’s a fraud. His 15 min of fame are almost up and he’s having a tough time letting go. The guy still thinks the virus came from a wet market, with zero prof it did. I guarantee you he’s tied to Chinese money.
Where did it come from?

NFL will be played without question.. players are going to risk it for the biscuit. College is a different story. Players become liabilities & without compensation, the incentive isn't there.. especially for losing programs (see: Vandy).

Advertisement
He’s a fraud. His 15 min of fame are almost up and he’s having a tough time letting go. The guy still thinks the virus came from a wet market, with zero prof it did. I guarantee you he’s tied to Chinese money.

This is a classic I read it on the internet Coronavirus opinion right here.

Doctors are always going to err on the side of caution, if it were up to them the entire country would be on full lockdown quarantine until there's a 100% effective vaccine.

When discussing these things you have to understand people like Fauci would rather there be nothing than anything, meaning, the contagion would be easier to deal with on a macro level if there is no activity whatsoever going on in the country.

Hearing from them they're always going to be overly cautious & highly alarmist, whether they are correct in that line of thinking remains to be seen, but they are simply looking at it from a health & hospital overrun standpoint. They just want to get it contained & to have less & less people being forced on the healthcare system, so if that means sports & everything else must be sacrificed in the process then so be it (according to them).

South Korea is already playing Baseball again, if America can't figure out how to continue organized live sports before 2020 is over then we've seriously failed as a Union. Covid-19 ain't going away until there's a cure, so we either need to shutdown for the rest of the year & go on a full Martial-Law style Quarantine or just accept the fact the virus is here to stay & move on accordingly.

Yeah, I’m gonna take option B

Fauci is a political operator of the highest order, a government bureaucrat that has been in his job through several administrations.

I don’t believe in the so called conspiracy theories, but it doesn’t mean I subscribe to his ultra cautious approach. Yes, we need to have some effective semblance of contact tracing going forward, hopefully the governors are putting that into place. But we can’t continue this shutdown forever, the future will be ruined for our children if we do.

Advertisement
Fauci is a political operator of the highest order, a government bureaucrat that has been in his job through several administrations.

I don’t believe in the so called conspiracy theories, but it doesn’t mean I subscribe to his ultra cautious approach. Yes, we need to have some effective semblance of contact tracing going forward, hopefully the governors are putting that into place. But we can’t continue this shutdown forever, the future will be ruined for our children if we do.

Ain't nobody nowhere said anything about continuing the shutdown indefinitely.

Fauci, Birx, and other federal officials put out guidance on how/when to open up. E.g., sustained decreases in new cases and deaths for 2 weeks, testing, contact tracing.

States (mostly R states) are not paying attention to those benchmarks.

Unfortunately, Fauci doesn’t think the NFL can play their games, even without crowds and player testing.

View attachment 116773
Take his government pay check away and watch his mind change. This guy hasn’t found vaccine for anything. He’s annyoing me now.

"just accept the fact the virus is here to stay & move on accordingly."

This 100%.
The best thing people can do is learn how to live with it. Adjust accordingly. I don't understand how people can think we can stay shutdown until there is a vaccine. Here is a fact....there is a chance that will never happen. There has never been a vaccine successfully developed for any of the other corona viruses. Maybe the additional preasure will lead to one but its wont be for a long while.
Its not a binary choice. Learn to live with it because that's reality. Pay attention to the hospitalization rate (don't want the system overwhelmed) Pay attention to the mortality rate (make sure its still under 2%). Those two things are way more important than number of cases and daily death numbers. JMO

Advertisement
It’s a bad cold. The only people who’s lives are at risk are old with underlying conditions. They should be quarantined, not everyone. 99.9% of our lives aren’t at risk. Don’t be such a drama queen.

Fauci, Birx, and other federal officials put out guidance on how/when to open up. E.g., sustained decreases in new cases and deaths for 2 weeks, testing, contact tracing.

That's because those governors have decided the economic devastation of continued lockdown outweighs the threat of the virus. Remember, lockdown was solely for the purpose of spreading out the infection rate (aka "flattening the curve") so hospitals were not overrun, which has unquestionably been achieved everywhere in America. This was never an analysis of life vs death (which is why it is so ignorant when people beat the "If it only saves one life!"-drum); from the very beginning it's been an analysis of death vs death. It's incredible how many people in our country completely lost sight of that.

Last edited:

Also, this is such a fantastic example of seeing the same fact pattern through two different lenses. You state that mostly states run by a red governor are the ones opening and present it in a rather disparaging manner (i.e. they are being overly cavalier and opening before we are ready). Yet you can flip that around 180 quite easily. Look at a map of the country as to who is still on lockdown and who isn't. Almost every state still in an intense general lockdown (cali, mich, Illinois, oregon, etc) are run by very liberal governors. And if you think they are solely motivated by public safety, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. And I would say a similar thing about the decisions from the other side as well. Political motivations are more infectious than COVID, that's for sure.

So which is right? I dont think any of us can say for sure. That's the point. But what a poignant illustration of how the exact same thing can be seen in almost a polar opposite manner based on which set of glasses one is viewing it through.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back