Pump the brakes???

More like I cannot fathom how we have one division title in 17 seasons.

(And I do think we’ve got as good of a chance as anybody this season)
Ahhh I got you. I just think about the quality of our staff. The teams we beat this past year, with that staff, and I just don’t see us beating up on a lot of the teams in our conference.
Maybe I am over estimating the improvement to be made in one season. I just don’t think so. I’m expecting a jump from a few guys. And I think we can be dominant. This defensive staff can make some real improvements with the players we have this year. And if we happen to pick ups stud LB or DE in the portal, look out!

Advertisement
Coaches don't play, player's do. The last time I checked our d line was weak our linebackers were non-existent our safeties are potentially great and our corners are average. On offense our skill players are very good, maybe the best in the ACC but the line needs a major upgrade or TVD will be running for his life. Am I excited about the changes? Absolutely, but winning the way people on this board are expecting is pie in the sky, which is fine until you start crying when we lose because the team is not living up to your unrealistic expectations. This is probably a three year rebuild. What I'm hoping for this year is a disciplined, aggressive, smart team with improved tackling and special teams. Give me that with nine wins and I'm happy. Then kill it in recruiting and come back next year and potentially win the ACC and after that the sky is the limit.
Logic? There will be none of that. This is the off-season! And we dominate the off-season! Lol
I hear you. But I think we have coaches that won’t have to waste s full half of football to scheme and adjust. We have coaches that specialize in putting players in positions to have success.
If coaches don’t matter, why do they move around so **** much EVERY off season? Why did we make the investment we made as a university if coaches don’t matter?
I guess we will see.

Don’t forget… we beat the ACC champs and have beaten them 15 out of the last 17 meeting. This is why I can’t understand anyone saying Manny will need a few years to win the ACC. Anyone that thinks that is either unaware of Miami football or simply a troll. We don’t win, cool… we HAVE TO play in the game. No excuse

Advertisement
So we've graduated to the WTACCOGTFO phase before Spring practice starts. I like it.

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by Nick Kroll

I don’t Fvckibg think so!!!

I wanna know right now why we can’t win the ACC this yr? Clemson took a big step backwards last year and lost both OC and DC. Who by the way are pretty **** good.

UNC and Pitt lose their top tier QBs. Are we concerned about Wake? Va Tech? UVA? I mean who is it?

We have the best staff in the conference.
We return the best QB (IMO)
We will add a couple pieces on D.
We just pumped the overall talent level up a notch or two.
We have coaches that we KNOW can coach dudes up. Like guys get better under these coaches, there’s not speculation there’s previous results.

I just cannot help but think we can win this conference this year. I am balls deep, jacked up on mtn dew, all In, whatever analogy you wanna use, I’m it. I cannot wait to see the transformation YEAR 1! Be ready.
Clemson’s big step back was still a 10 win season. We lack depth especially on defense. A couple of bad injuries and we are in trouble. The overall hope is our offense can carry us here but we aren’t that good. We have some pretty good pieces though and we should still win the Coastal but I don’t know about the ACC

o line sucks
lb's non-existent
corners meh
safeties meh but can be good
dline who do we even have again?

so basically half the team is a joke

Advertisement
Logic? There will be none of that. This is the off-season! And we dominate the off-season! Lol
I hear you. But I think we have coaches that won’t have to waste s full half of football to scheme and adjust. We have coaches that specialize in putting players in positions to have success.
If coaches don’t matter, why do they move around so **** much EVERY off season? Why did we make the investment we made as a university if coaches don’t matter?
I guess we will see.
I didn't say coaches don't matter, they absolutely do. I said they don't play and 95% of the time the more talented team wins and our talent just isn't there yet. I'm hoping for the best but looking at our talent level I don't see a huge jump this year... Having said that I hope I'm wrong and will gladly eat crow.

Advertisement
I don’t Fvckibg think so!!!

I wanna know right now why we can’t win the ACC this yr? Clemson took a big step backwards last year and lost both OC and DC. Who by the way are pretty **** good.

UNC and Pitt lose their top tier QBs. Are we concerned about Wake? Va Tech? UVA? I mean who is it?

We have the best staff in the conference.
We return the best QB (IMO)
We will add a couple pieces on D.
We just pumped the overall talent level up a notch or two.
We have coaches that we KNOW can coach dudes up. Like guys get better under these coaches, there’s not speculation there’s previous results.

I just cannot help but think we can win this conference this year. I am balls deep, jacked up on mtn dew, all In, whatever analogy you wanna use, I’m it. I cannot wait to see the transformation YEAR 1! Be ready.
I really don't think we pumped the talent up even a notch... not yet... those guys are probably 2 years away from being really making an impact. Right now... you got a top 5 Heisman candidate per Vegas at QB... you got a bunch of talented young WRs and an OL that needs work... but tada!!! The best OL staff in the country just walked through the door. Biggest thing is this sport doesn't allow for people who like to take it easy to succeed. In this sport the target is constantly moving away from you, kudos to Miami and Mario for seeing this an understanding he needed a dream team just to coach a new way of life behaviors into this program. I love what I see. This is the best timeline I can remember. That said A&M isn't gonna less us walk all over them in College Station. That's a team with pride and talent. They will be ready for us. So will Clemson. Not saying we can't beat either, both those are gonna be dog fights. If we lose both those while playing our asses off I'm gonna be cool with... the puzzling loss to GT has to be gone forever now, has to be cleansed from the program.

Losses to A&M and Clemson shouldn’t keep us out of the ACCCG.
And then we beat them the second time.
I don’t get the “defense is terrible”. If I’m correct we should have three 5* starters. And wasn’t Tyrique a 5 as well? Or a 4? Either way, other than Clemson we are the second most talented team in the conference right now.
If these young guys are/were the players we thought they were coming out of hs then we are pretty talented.
LB does and should scare the **** out of us. But it’ll be different with a real scheme and not having every DL swim move themselves out of run support allowing the OL a free release to the Lbs.
We just averaged a like 92 or something per player in this freshman class, which is much better than years past if I am correct.
Maybe I’m too deep in the look aid, or maybe I need to go to bed. But I have faith in the guys we have brought in to make some meaningful improvements to this team in the right now.
Obviously injuries changes everything. But if relatively healthy I like our chances against the **** coastal.
@Dan E. Dangerously that was the best response yet! Lol

Advertisement
Stupid title and original post. People kill me with this bullsh!t that unless a new staff wins it all in their very first season it's a bust. Its just setting the stage to take a dump on the program if Mario doesn't. No top coach in history has ever done that but it better happen here this coming season or else? This mentality is a big part of what's wrong with many so called fans. Neg me all yall want but this **** needs to stop.

ACC maybe a coin flip, but the Coastal he should get done.

Mario is making $8 million dollars this season. His staff budget is absurd. He was given money. We paid for big time coaches. He has one of the best QBs in the country. He plays in a shlt division and is walking into a roster with the second-highest composite recruiting ranking in the ACC, and I expect him to do his job and beat a bunch of *** basketball schools.

VBt0IC8.png

KtK1HFO.png

At minimum, WIN THE COASTAL OR S A D BOY

Advertisement
Back