Psyched, for real.

Advertisement
Blank checks?

Quit talking like this staff costs significantly more than prior ones. You know why, this staff costs less than the previous one.

Additionally, there could be a reason ya know that we were able to fork out a ton for Enos, who was our most costly assistant ever. We weren't paying a head coaches buyout for the first time since Butch.
Since Richt retired, Wouldn’t he not be due the buyout?

Arent buyouts only paid to fired coaches?

Randy Shannon wasn't able to buy million dollar a year assistant coaches. Neither was Golden.
So true since the eighties the university nor the community business wise put back into the football program what they took out of it.makes it even sweeter our glory teams beat everyone with inferior facilities.

Since Richt retired, Wouldn’t he not be due the buyout?

Arent buyouts only paid to fired coaches?

Yes, they are only due to fired coaches typically. Richt could've forced our hand and made us fire him, but left leaving a lot of money on the table instead.

Advertisement
I don't care how much money they have or don't have, they have to spend it on the right people. Enos sold Diaz on a system that he didn't run. It was the worst possible combination for a bad OL and new QB. Lashlee's system is the opposite. It takes the pressure off the OL and pressures the defense, just with the number of plays that are run. Lashlee's offense in Miami's heat is going to wear out opposing DL's, especially after chasing King around for a quarter or two.

Yes, they are only due to fired coaches typically. Richt could've forced our hand and made us fire him, but left leaving a lot of money on the table instead.
Do we know richt was about to be fired, or are we assuming?

breaking news: every school is paying every coach/position coach more than they were paying ten years ago.
No kidding. My point is we are no longer in the bottom half when it comes to paying coaches. For years we thought we could win with just any coaching staff, and we failed miserably. At least now the school realizes we need quality coaches, not just location. It's a different mind set. We are dumping money into facilities and a coaching staff. If some of you can't see the difference, I just don't know what to tell you. 10 years ago we would have never considered paying in the top 5% for an assistant coach. You know this. Now? We have done it back to back years. You honestly don't see the difference?

Do we know richt was about to be fired, or are we assuming?
I don't think they were going to fire Richt. I do, however, believe they were forcing him to make staff changes that he simply didn't want to make.

Advertisement
No kidding. My point is we are no longer in the bottom half when it comes to paying coaches. For years we thought we could win with just any coaching staff, and we failed miserably. At least now the school realizes we need quality coaches, not just location. It's a different mind set. We are dumping money into facilities and a coaching staff. If some of you can't see the difference, I just don't know what to tell you. 10 years ago we would have never considered paying in the top 5% for an assistant coach. You know this. Now? We have done it back to back years. You honestly don't see the difference?

you know at one point Larry Coker was the highest paid coach in college football right?

you know at one point Larry Coker was the highest paid coach in college football right?
Bob Stoops and Steve Spurrier both made more than Coker, and that's just two off the top of my head. Coker's base salary in 2001 was $450,000. That went up in 2002 to $850,000, which was decent, but not close to what Spurrier and Stoops were making.

If you say it enough times in your head, I suppose you might start to believe it's true.

We aren't paying Lashlee anywhere near top pay for an OC. We aren't paying any assistant anywhere close to top 5%. Not even top 5% in our very own conference.

Facilities are a completely different animal and don't go with your "blank checks" propaganda. Even with some of the facility upgrades, they're a drop in the bucket compared to a ton of programs out there. Don't even try to include dorms either, both are separate entities.

Advertisement
Bob Stoops and Steve Spurrier both made more than Coker, and that's just two off the top of my head. Coker's base salary in 2001 was $450,000. That went up in 2002 to $850,000, which was decent, but not close to what Spurrier and Stoops were making.
in 2005 He was making 2 million which was among the highest in college football.

If you say it enough times in your head, I suppose you might start to believe it's true.

We aren't paying Lashlee anywhere near top pay for an OC. We aren't paying any assistant anywhere close to top 5%. Not even top 5% in our very own conference.

Facilities are a completely different animal and don't go with your "blank checks" propaganda. Even with some of the facility upgrades, they're a drop in the bucket compared to a ton of programs out there. Don't even try to include dorms either, both are separate entities.
Doesn’t matter In what percentile coaches are paid... money won’t be a reason for failure. And hasn’t been for a few years.

Doesn’t matter In what percentile coaches are paid... money won’t be a reason for failure. And hasn’t been for a few years.

It is incompetent hiring and nepotism that has landed us where we were in the recent past... Al with his butt buddy and Richt with his son.

Now Manny hopefully won't repeat it on the defensive side

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back