Psyched, for real.

I'm definitely looking forward to Spring Practice if for no other reason than to give us some football to talk about in these threads. Been disappointed too many times to get a big hard on about the upcoming season right now, but I have to admit Manny is putting in work to make this program better. Credit where it's due

Advertisement
Out of all the coaches we’ve had since Butch, Manny might be the least prepared. But he seems to be the hardest working of the bunch. If he doesn’t succeed, it won’t be for a lack of effort

He only seems like he's the "hardest working" cause he dont know WTF he's doing just yet, and as of right now, he has a losing record. He's still scrambling around trying to get it together, but already talking about how much better this team is, but for the record:

Hmmmm you forgot the receivers positions is questionable in regards to experience some may debate overall eliteness 💯

I considered them and have maintained that we lack physicality there. The change in our playcalling though should mask some of that though by and large. When you keep the defense guessing, have to account for the QB, it'll leave a lot of one on one matchups.

Hmmmm you forgot the receivers positions is questionable in regards to experience some may debate overall eliteness 💯

Go watch Lashlee’s references to Auburn - when they had an unknown RB, a WR that caught about (16?) balls, an unknown QB, and a LT that was a bench dweller before the season kicked off - and they all smashed big numbers.

We have plenty of talent on offense - and a Playmaker at QB. Plenty.

Advertisement
Enos was the only one ever in that price range. Nobody on staff now is making that kind of dough.

Again, we aren't paying a head coaches buyout. That naturally freed up some money for Enos.

Stupid conversation. How did dumping the most money for an assistant ever work out?

Blank checks my ***. We still have a very middle of the road coaching budget. Blank checks doesn't mean raiding bottom tier D1 schools. I like who we've added, but nobody suggests we can buy whomever we want.
Yeah, I am sure no one else wanted Lashlee, and we got him cheap. We paid big time for Enos. Yeah, he flopped, but we paid top dollar for him. The University of Miami is doing what they can to help Diaz succeed. ****, they would have done it for Richt as well.

My point was it is easier to win when UM gives you a better budget to work with. If you don't see the difference between what we are spending now and what we spent 10 years ago, you are blind.

Go watch Lashlee’s references to Auburn - when they had an unknown RB, a WR that caught about (16?) balls, an unknown QB, and a LT that was a bench dweller before the season kicked off - and they all smashed big numbers.

We have plenty of talent on offense - and a Playmaker at QB. Plenty.
That is very important to note/ What happened in a previous down season without him is basically meaningless.
There is a clean slate now and he is looking at the positives and focusing on the strengths of what he has and how it can be utilized in his system.

Also, I must emphasize that having a mature QB can make any talent look fantastic. The best Qbs usually elevate their teammates around them. So hopefully King can do that with our offensive weapons day one.

If cats can dog the guy out when he fails, at least give him respect when he does right.

Props to Manny and the staff, this was a great way to invigorate the fanbase and at least try to correct the things that went wrong this year

Advertisement
Yeah, I am sure no one else wanted Lashlee, and we got him cheap. We paid big time for Enos. Yeah, he flopped, but we paid top dollar for him. The University of Miami is doing what they can to help Diaz succeed. ****, they would have done it for Richt as well.

My point was it is easier to win when UM gives you a better budget to work with. If you don't see the difference between what we are spending now and what we spent 10 years ago, you are blind.

You don't get it, plain and simple.

Manny is in the bottom quarter of pay in the ACC.

Lashlee, no clue what we're paying him, but he wasn't making crap at SMU in the grand scheme of things.

The rest of the offensive staff, again aren't making big paydays compared to their peers.

The entire defensive staff makes average at best compensation for their position.

You said blank checks to counter something. It was a dumbass comment made without any substance. We aren't anywhere close to paying top dollar anywhere. The only exception to that was Enos. The money was there since we had something we hadn't had since Butch, freedom from paying a head coaches buyout.

We also don't bring in as much revenue as half of our conference opponents, let alone the entire country. We aren't a big school with a large donor base and our merchandise sales are middling at best.

Blank checks, that would mean we're opening coffers that don't exist and spending top dollar. We are nowhere near that. We're forced to find up and comers still. I feel he's done that, but let's not get it twisted. I like what they're doing and the direction we seem to be heading on paper.

Your statement was stupid and factually incorrect.

You don't get it, plain and simple.

Manny is in the bottom quarter of pay in the ACC.

Lashlee, no clue what we're paying him, but he wasn't making crap at SMU in the grand scheme of things.

The rest of the offensive staff, again aren't making big paydays compared to their peers.

The entire defensive staff makes average at best compensation for their position.

You said blank checks to counter something. It was a dumbass comment made without any substance. We aren't anywhere close to paying top dollar anywhere. The only exception to that was Enos. The money was there since we had something we hadn't had since Butch, freedom from paying a head coaches buyout.

We also don't bring in as much revenue as half of our conference opponents, let alone the entire country. We aren't a big school with a large donor base and our merchandise sales are middling at best.

Blank checks, that would mean we're opening coffers that don't exist and spending top dollar. We are nowhere near that. We're forced to find up and comers still. I feel he's done that, but let's not get it twisted. I like what they're doing and the direction we seem to be heading on paper.

Your statement was stupid and factually incorrect.
We are paying our assistant coaches a **** of a lot more than we did 10 years ago. Do you think we were the only school interested in hiring Lashlee? Do you think we were the only school looking at Enos last year? Come on. Randy Shannon had to dredge up Mark Whipple as his home run hire. Al Golden had to hire Jedd Fisch, who I believe had a whole one year of experience under his belt. Why? Because we were EXTREMELY cheap. How the **** can you sit there and act like we aren't at least improving when it comes to assistant salaries?

So yes. If Diaz wants someone, they are going to help him out. He wanted Enos, and they paid him big money. He wanted Lashlee, and they paid him as well. I guarantee you neither of them get hired if we were still paying assistant coaches what we were paying when Randy was here. How hard is that for you to understand?

Advertisement
I truly have only 2 concerns. Our terrible OL and Head Coach. I believe in the changes made and admire the staff and recruiting additions. But I have concerns that Manny will continue to make poor decisions when it comes to locker room management and game preparation. The cancers must be cut out the moment they out themselves.

We are paying our assistant coaches a **** of a lot more than we did 10 years ago. Do you think we were the only school interested in hiring Lashlee? Do you think we were the only school looking at Enos last year? Come on. Randy Shannon had to dredge up Mark Whipple as his home run hire. Al Golden had to hire Jedd Fisch, who I believe had a whole one year of experience under his belt. Why? Because we were EXTREMELY cheap. How the **** can you sit there and act like we aren't at least improving when it comes to assistant salaries?

So yes. If Diaz wants someone, they are going to help him out. He wanted Enos, and they paid him big money. He wanted Lashlee, and they paid him as well. I guarantee you neither of them get hired if we were still paying assistant coaches what we were paying when Randy was here. How hard is that for you to understand?

I can't. It's like you don't understand English.

We are still paying cheap. I already told you why we had money for Enos, no head coaching buyouts to pay.

We aren't paying Lashlee anywhere near what we were Enos. Lashlee was a very good find, but people weren't beating down his doors this year. He improved UConn and SMU, so he had an upward trajectory. Another year and my guess is the guy gets expensive. I would bet he's getting paid somewhere around 600k which is nearly double what SMU was paying him. That puts him nowhere near what most schools are paying. We got him at the right time. Certainly not a blank check scenario.

We aren't paying much more than under Shannon no matter how many times you say it. Yes, the pay has gone up for schools, but we aren't in that arms race with top schools. We're average pay at best, again, Enos was the exception.

I'm done.

Advertisement

breaking news: every school is paying every coach/position coach more than they were paying ten years ago.

Advertisement
Back