Psyched, for real.

SayWhat

Sophomore
Premium
All the additions to the staff and player pool, gotta admit, I'm psyched for spring ball. They're pulling me back in, real talk. Just hope we get that OL together, the new LB'ers step up with McCloud, and keep the injury bug away. Those to me are the keys to the season.

Advertisement
All the additions to the staff and player pool, gotta admit, I'm psyched for spring ball. They're pulling me back in, real talk. Just hope we get that OL together, the new LB'ers step up with McCloud, and keep the injury bug away. Those to me are the keys to the season.
Cue the Al Pacino GIF in 3, 2, 1....

What does it cost anyone to be interested through spring ball? Nothing. I’m going to pay attention. However, I’m not going to be swayed by the typical Spring hype...like, if the offense sucks, we often hear ‘they don’t have the full offense installed yet’. While there will be some truth in that, I’ve heard it too many times to be pulled in.

I want to see something that gives me hope. Words won’t do it for me.

Advertisement
Out of all the coaches we’ve had since Butch, Manny might be the least prepared. But he seems to be the hardest working of the bunch. If he doesn’t succeed, it won’t be for a lack of effort

I said it before- judge a coach by what he does when things go sideways. All previous coaches doubled down. Diaz made enormous changes. Thats one thing (maybe the only thing ) he has in common with Eddy O and Dabo. And I tip my hat to him for recruiting. IMO, functionally (if you add a DT QB that threw 50 TDs in D1 football and a DE that is projected as a 1st day pick ) Miami brought in close to a top 5 class after a sub .500 season (probably would be ranked around 7-9 range with those guys). Impressive. Most impressive.

Advertisement
Has improved my hope factor but still have to see it on the field to get very excited. Not a Manny fan until he proves he deserves it by winning. Not his fault our admin chose to hire someone learning on the job. Actually more impressed with this off season than last. At least Manny admitting mistakes were made and trying to fix them. Been a Cane fan way too long not to hope they win each time they take the field

Out of all the coaches we’ve had since Butch, Manny might be the least prepared. But he seems to be the hardest working of the bunch. If he doesn’t succeed, it won’t be for a lack of effort
He's also been given more blank checks to buy a staff. Not many of our coaches have gotten this.

He's also been given more blank checks to buy a staff. Not many of our coaches have gotten this.

Blank checks?

Quit talking like this staff costs significantly more than prior ones. You know why, this staff costs less than the previous one.

Additionally, there could be a reason ya know that we were able to fork out a ton for Enos, who was our most costly assistant ever. We weren't paying a head coaches buyout for the first time since Butch.

Blank checks?

Quit talking like this staff costs significantly more than prior ones. You know why, this staff costs less than the previous one.

Additionally, there could be a reason ya know that we were able to fork out a ton for Enos, who was our most costly assistant ever. We weren't paying a head coaches buyout for the first time since Butch.
Randy Shannon wasn't able to buy million dollar a year assistant coaches. Neither was Golden.

Advertisement
F35B405B-8846-4A5C-A5A4-F5E2E7BAD88E.jpeg

What does it cost anyone to be interested through spring ball? Nothing. I’m going to pay attention. However, I’m not going to be swayed by the typical Spring hype...like, if the offense sucks, we often hear ‘they don’t have the full offense installed yet’. While there will be some truth in that, I’ve heard it too many times to be pulled in.

I want to see something that gives me hope. Words won’t do it for me.
U can jump on the new Cane fake talking point and cry about the spring injuries....

Advertisement
Randy Shannon wasn't able to buy million dollar a year assistant coaches. Neither was Golden.

Enos was the only one ever in that price range. Nobody on staff now is making that kind of dough.

Again, we aren't paying a head coaches buyout. That naturally freed up some money for Enos.

Stupid conversation. How did dumping the most money for an assistant ever work out?

Blank checks my ***. We still have a very middle of the road coaching budget. Blank checks doesn't mean raiding bottom tier D1 schools. I like who we've added, but nobody suggests we can buy whomever we want.

Hmmmm you forgot the receivers positions is questionable in regards to experience some may debate overall eliteness 💯

Advertisement
Back