Protect College Sports Act [formerly “SCORE Act” thread]

This is a critically important stat to pay attention to. I've been concerned about Miami's schedule this season. It's not conducive to a lot of viewers. That's why I was rooting for Clemson at Cal. We needed this to be a night game.

Nearly everyone ahead of us on this list has played an SEC team.



 
200.gif
 
This is a critically important stat to pay attention to. I've been concerned about Miami's schedule this season. It's not conducive to a lot of viewers. That's why I was rooting for Clemson at Cal. We needed this to be a night game.

Nearly everyone ahead of us on this list has played an SEC team.




Our two most watched regular season games last year were UF and ND. UF had a chance to be even bigger if they didn’t lose to USF. The November ND game will be box-office as long as they drop only one game max before ours. There’s a chance the Pitt or VT games draw big numbers if either of them are undefeated when they play us.

IMG_0278.jpeg


Our viewership numbers will be more than fine as the season moves along. This is the first time we’ve been on ABC this upcoming Sunday, and that’ll do numbers since Clemson’s brand isn’t tarnished yet.

I do agree with you at large which is why I believe we should play 11 p4 games in 2027 and 2028 because we have no guaranteed marquee home games setup for those seasons w/ FSU being in the dumps & the ACC in flux. Most likely Louisville will be strong next year, and we have them at home.

I believe there is something rather unique about playing multiple marquee games at the start of the year, and we accomplished that last year; and it boosted our new national perception. It’s tuffer to accomplish when one of your rivals won’t schedule you and has booked up OOC games for the next 5-7 years (UF) and another one put forth a scatterbrained set of matchups while giving Clemson a 12 year annual series (ND).

We gotta go find a good sparring partner. Wouldn’t mind a home and home w/ Ole Miss tbh.

IMG_0277.jpeg
 
UNC has been putting up really strong numbers ever since they got Bill Belichick. Depending upon how they look against ND and Duke, our game versus them could do the same.

FSU—Alabama this year was like a 4 million decline from their opening matchup last year. Once teams start taking Ls, less and less tune in. Rankings are kinda irrelevant but they’re relevant in the sense that they draw eyeballs to games.

All the teams we play except BC are off to a good start, and i guess BC is off to a good start too considering their season last year lol. But casuals don’t wanna watch games they think they know the ending to already
 
We gotta go find a good sparring partner. Wouldn’t mind a home and home w/ Ole Miss tbh.

I agree… I'm so sick of this schedule.

The problem is in all of CFB. They ruined it so many ways. Cignetti said it basically why schedule anyone? (But he has the conference to protect him)

I'd rather us barely squeak into the CFB playoff, etc and play big non-conf games. ANYTIME/ANYWHERE was what UM was built on, and what CFB is supposed to be about. Not this weak, boring **** and then everyone tune in for a playoff. I'm talking about from more a fan/competitve nature aspect than viewership like you are but it leads to the same stance.
 
This is a critically important stat to pay attention to. I've been concerned about Miami's schedule this season. It's not conducive to a lot of viewers. That's why I was rooting for Clemson at Cal. We needed this to be a night game.

Nearly everyone ahead of us on this list has played an SEC team.




More important to note as well, Clemson still has a second cupcake they’re going to play after us. UNC has also played three games; including CFB season opener. SMU got a ranked matchup which we don’t get until Pittsburgh at the earliest if not ND at the latest.

Louisville’s high numbers are a direct result of them not being afraid to play eleven p4 games; as are GT’s.
 
I agree… I'm so sick of this schedule.

The problem is in all of CFB. They ruined it so many ways. Cignetti said it basically why schedule anyone? (But he has the conference to protect him)

I'd rather us barely squeak into the CFB playoff, etc and play big non-conf games. ANYTIME/ANYWHERE was what UM was built on, and what CFB is supposed to be about. Not this weak, boring **** and then everyone tune in for a playoff. I'm talking about from more a fan/competitve nature aspect than viewership like you are but it leads to the same stance.
Yeah i feel it from all sides tbh. Especially with football, where the game without resistance is close to senseless violence lol. FCS games are a plague, and I’d rather see us lineup 2 p4 foes + a g6 one anyways.

We still have the spots open so all hope isn’t lost yet. There are quite a few (like 9-11) p4 schools without a p4 opponent in 2027, and we’re one of the only p4 schools with an open slot, and we have an open slot, or more, for the next 5+ years so we could have flexible home and home dates scheduled if needed.
 
Back
Top