Protect College Sports Act [formerly “SCORE Act” thread]

Should this pass the house, getting the extra 2 available slots was huge. Ashley did us a great service.

Ya, 6 spots total is better than 5 and as far as the preferred landing spot goes, 2 is much better than 1. This was by far the biggest problem this Bill posed to us. It’s still a problem because of the conference cap and plenty of other crap, but that extra spot matters.
 
Ya, 6 spots total is better than 5 and as far as the preferred landing spot goes, 2 is much better than 1. This was by far the biggest problem this Bill posed to us. It’s still a problem because of the conference cap and plenty of other crap, but that extra spot matters.
Not sure if I missed something. I thought we got two additional spots(BIG and SEC) as both can take have 20 v 19. I know most are speculating no chance for us to SEC, but that spot could go to a competing team that could go to BIG or SEC like NC, FSU or UVA and indirectly free up one in the BIG?
 
Not sure if I missed something. I thought we got two additional spots(BIG and SEC) as both can take have 20 v 19. I know most are speculating no chance for us to SEC, but that spot could go to a competing team that could go to BIG or SEC like NC, FSU or UVA and indirectly free up one in the BIG?

Yes, I meant to type 6 rather than 5.

I’d be shocked if Miami didn’t get one of those 6 spots, would just prefer the Big 10 and I know UM would too.
 
Hypothetically, if we join the BIG, how soon would we actually be in the conference with a BIG conference schedule? Would it be like a "Miami is set to join in 2031" thing or a right away thing?
 
Don’t get the desire to be in Big over Sec. travel alone would be worth being in SEC. Probably help our baseball program as well. Just me though.
 
Miami and FSU could be 19 and 20 for the Big Ten. I don’t see Notre Dame ever joining a conference.
FSU has about as much chance to get to the Big Ten at this current moment as FAMU had to beat Miami

The only thing that would change that and still probably would not change it is if Big ten can get to 24 at some point

Sec or bust for free shoes
 
Don’t get the desire to be in Big over Sec. travel alone would be worth being in SEC. Probably help our baseball program as well. Just me though.
Because you’ll get more like a gazillion extra dollars for the university from the research consortium and the Big Ten media deal is bigger than the SEC and also the SEC does not want Miami the way the Big Ten does Miami‘s further down on the SEC list it might not get to that spot
 
Trump going to pressure Johnson HARD to recall the House back into session before the election. Trump is obsessed with this garbage. If that doesn’t happen, this is 100% getting passed in the lame duck session.
Highly doubt it. Maybe a 30% chance in some form.
 
Back
Top