Protect College Sports Act [formerly “SCORE Act” thread]

Did the requirement of independence for 3 years remain? And is it enforced on signing? If so, we sunk.
???? This bill ... whatever ends up being passed by the Senate .... STILL has to go to the house where there are a slew of congressmen who oppose it. This bill will get shredded in in the House. I expect the realignment issues to basically disappear as far as Miami is concerned.
 
Yea. But it ends in six years. So it’s either go independent for three years or wait six and then move conferences.
Six years is when the current grant of rights ends?
In six years the independent requirement ends. Media deals would be up for renewal around that point as well. But if I had to imagine the next round of realignment will hit before that. The Big Ten and SEC are going to want to negotiate with all their cards on the table.

It doesn’t make sense for those conferences to sign deals and then add more teams. Especially considering those conferences could look to add major players which would drive their contracts up. I’m not a legal expert by any means so idk how this bill ends up. But reading the tea leaves, I’d imagine we end up somewhere else in the near future.
 
Back
Top