2022 Prospect to watch: Ahmad Moten picks Miami

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
Little brother of Anthony. He’s picking up steam when it comes offers. We’re currently evaluating according to the recruiting sites. Good size at 6’3 290 and looks like he has a really good frame. Isn’t sloppy either and has a great motor to boot. Moves well in space and plays with good leverage which you have to teach D-linemen sometimes. Seems like a gap eater more than a pass rusher but could develop into a effective interior pass rusher with how well he moves as you’ll see the progression in his senior tape.

Junior tape:

Senior Tape(so far):

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Reminds me a little of Haye...I think Haye gets up and down the line a little better and is more compact as this kid is tall and "lumbers" a little. But has decent first step and great frame. I like Tarbor better for our 1 Tech (If we have 8 DT on our roster we usually have about 4 clear 3tech, 2 kids that can play either, and then say 2 that are clear space eaters). This kid would be in one of the latter 2 categories, imo probably the space eater type...Again not the one dimensional zero tech that are used in a Bama 3-4, but our version of a space eater.

Last edited:
Reminds me a little of Haye...I think Haye gets up and down the line a little better and is more compact as this kid is tall and "lumbers" a little. But has decent first step and great frame. I like Tarbor better for our 1 Tech (If we have 8 DT on our roster we usually have about 4 clear 3tech, 2 kids that can play either, and then say 2 that are clear space eaters). This kid would be in one of the latter 2 categories, imo probably the space eater type...Again not the one dimensional zero tech that are used in a mama 3-4, but our version of a space eater.
my opinion as well

Advertisement
He looks like the goods need to invite him to the nc state game and if the size checks out offer

Oregon offered and Florida is also in contact. If we’re serious about this kid then we need to pick up our game here.
We had him visit for a game before Oregon and Florida Contacted him. Technically we showed him love before them. Just needs to be offered.

Advertisement
2022 DT Ahmad Moten comes in at the 33:00 mark. Sounds Luke warm about Miami, considering his brother was a Cane.

Go Canes

It's wild that we don't have a single DL commit. Other than RB, it's the only position group where we are 0 for '22. We even got a punter and a long snapper. I know we're hunting big game, but it's getting kind of late to be empty handed.

It's wild that we don't have a single DL commit. Other than RB, it's the only position group where we are 0 for '22. We even got a punter and a long snapper. I know we're hunting big game, but it's getting kind of late to be empty handed.
When things were looking realllly bad I remember talk of corches looking for new jobs, I could imagine all the defensive corches were on the back channels tryna line up their next gig.. Cant call recruits if you on phone calling agents and old friends..

Advertisement
We have no game right now

It's more or less...

pick up line GIF

This has been the story for Jess. Remember when he was here. We got Harrison-Hunte and dancing bear Holley. We also had the other kid from NY that had to retire from football (very unceremoniously)..too lazy to look up his name. Slim pickens. Everyone keeps touring him as a coach and the contacts to HSs in GA were supposed to be strong based upon prior jobs and being with the Falcons. I don’t ever see it though. We are going to have a ton of opening after Ford leaves. Nests could leave too (definitely next year). Same with Miller. There is prime playing time at DT opposite LT56, yet we can’t find anyone. Crazy. We should have 3 lined up no matter who our head coach is as they will eat.

This has been the story for Jess. Remember when he was here. We got Harrison-Hunte and dancing bear Holley. We also had the other kid from NY that had to retire from football (very unceremoniously)..too lazy to look up his name. Slim pickens. Everyone keeps touring him as a coach and the contacts to HSs in GA were supposed to be strong based upon prior jobs and being with the Falcons. I don’t ever see it though. We are going to have a ton of opening after Ford leaves. Nests could leave too (definitely next year). Same with Miller. There is prime playing time at DT opposite LT56, yet we can’t find anyone. Crazy. We should have 3 lined up no matter who our head coach is as they will eat.
It’s unfortunate, but this recruiting class is going to set us back a few years. Defensively we are going to be in trouble

Advertisement
Im scratching my head over how Simpson can be that bad of a recruiter given he spent so many years at it for his high school program?
They’re not recruiting period. Only the kids chasing them are getting any sort of attention. This staff isn’t planning on returning. I hope they’re right in their assessment of the situation.

Article on CanesSport this morning makes it sound like the kid really covets a UM offer. Grew up a Canes fan, watching his brother, and if we offered it sounds like he would be in the driver’s seat. “I’ve been watching Miami ever since I was a kid. So imagine me going from watching them to finally being able to play for them. It would be great, I’m not going to lie.”

It’s unfortunate, but this recruiting class is going to set us back a few years. Defensively we are going to be in trouble
In before some buffoon says it’s fine because of the poor-tal

Advertisement
Back