2022 Prospect to watch: Ahmad Moten picks Miami

Advertisement
Advertisement
1639963078164.png

The OU writer put in a cb to Oklahoma last night - 7 confidence level.

Ahmad Moten: We have already reported that the big, athletic defensive lineman will be visiting OU in January. Moten informed us of that a week ago when he was offered and said he really liked Brent Venables. He doesn't know much about OU just yet, but he does know they win a lot of games and "put out a lot of NFL guys." When OU announces their DL hire, it does seem like things will be a bit easier on the recruiting trail and for us to see where the DL recruiting and priority will be headed in the future.

Advertisement

Ahmad Moten: We have already reported that the big, athletic defensive lineman will be visiting OU in January. Moten informed us of that a week ago when he was offered and said he really liked Brent Venables. He doesn't know much about OU just yet, but he does know they win a lot of games and "put out a lot of NFL guys." When OU announces their DL hire, it does seem like things will be a bit easier on the recruiting trail and for us to see where the DL recruiting and priority will be headed in the future.
sounds like a guess. Their mods are homers

How can this be the basis for a 7 confidence level pick? lol

Advertisement
Anthony Moten

So I finally watched Ahmad's highlights, then went back and looked Anthony's highlights to compare the two. I'll admit I was hyped about Anthony coming in, and while he was solid depth for the team, he underperformed expectations. That said, younger bro is lights out dramatically better. It's not even close.

Ahmad has the burst his older brother never had. He's usually the first guy out of the snap, ahead of or at leaset as fast off the ball as the DEs. He also uses leverage much better, doesn't let the kids get into his body, powers through double teams and just crushes the QB or RB. Can definitely be an interior rush guy while also filling gaps as required.

I was watching the Vikings/Bears game tonight and Akiem Hicks took over the game at times (Bears lost but that defense played stout). This kid has some Hicks in him. Similar body type and explosiveness. Not saying he's that, just saying there's good raw materials to work with.

WANT

Last edited:
From Rivals -

Moten has taken an official visit to Iowa State and has scheduled his Tennessee official visit for the middle of January.

“I’ll take my three others,” he says. “I haven’t set up the Miami date yet but will visit there, and Oklahoma will for sure get a visit. We’ll see with the rest.”

He says “around 10” programs are pushing to land him.

Yes, what a difference a year makes.

“I had zero schools talking to me this time last year,” Moten said. “It’s crazy.”

Moten says he will announce a top 5 today, and yes the Canes of course are making the cut.

Ahmad says his plan is to wait until signing day to announce his destination.

And Mario Cristobal, who also offered Moten at Oregon, is pushing hard.

“We just talked, he said he’s coming by the house in January,” Moten said, adding “We have a relationship going. He’s a cool guy, even when he was recruiting me at Oregon we talked every day. It’s great. And the fact he’s closer to home is awesome.”

Advertisement
I personally know the new DE coach at OU, and he landed Tarber. He now is recruiting Thomas and Moten hard.

He is a first time On field coach, he has been under Venables for several years at Clemson in an off field role.

He could be a star recruiting. He has a huge personality, and is extremely engaging. Him parterned with Venables I think will be potent.

It'll be interesting if Miami pushes for Thomas also, As both would be a Miami-OU battle I think.

I personally know the new DE coach at OU, and he landed Tarber. He now is recruiting Thomas and Moten hard.

He is a first time On field coach, he has been under Venables for several years at Clemson in an off field role.

He could be a star recruiting. He has a huge personality, and is extremely engaging. Him parterned with Venables I think will be potent.

It'll be interesting if Miami pushes for Thomas also, As both would be a Miami-OU battle I think.
Sounds like the OV will be pivotal. Face time with Mario always seems to be the difference maker.

What’s up GA? Merry Christmas! … what’s your take on both kids? I can’t recall watching Thomas’ highlights. Do you like younger Moten as much as I do? Thoughts on him vs. Tarber or Haye from the last class for example?

Advertisement
Back