2022 Prospect to watch: Ahmad Moten picks Miami

Advertisement
Understand your point but hopefully Mario doesnt take on dead weight for 4 years. Pick someone up in the portal in the spring over this guy.
If a guy turns out to be "dead weight", he gets asked to move on. We aren't at our scollie limit, so what's the danger in taking a guy? Plus, no offense, but a lot of people who I imagine to have more eval experience than you like this kid. So 1. most people think the kid's legit, and 2. there's no harm in having him if he's not.

If a guy turns out to be "dead weight", he gets asked to move on. We aren't at our scollie limit, so what's the danger in taking a guy? Plus, no offense, but a lot of people who I imagine to have more eval experience than you like this kid. So 1. most people think the kid's legit, and 2. there's no harm in having him if he's not.
I’m no expert. I’m right more often than not but wrong often enough.

As long as Mario is cut throat enough to tell a jag to pack their shiit and get to stepping than I have no problem taking a chance on any kid.

Advertisement
I’m no expert. I’m right more often than not but wrong often enough.

As long as Mario is cut throat enough to tell a jag to pack their shiit and get to stepping than I have no problem taking a chance on any kid.
Man, every coach we've ever had let some kids know they needed to move on. And not one of those coaches every had enough kids on the roster to need to make room. Take this kid if he wants to come. He should help and is very unlikely to hurt. Plus, who knows what you'll find in the portal. Maybe gold, maybe sh*t, but there's no reason to wait on that.

Oklahoma writer with the ballz to Miami
0C1F618B-A6FB-4E5A-AC8A-E7088CCA9CDA.jpeg

Well he certainly didn't decide to take many plays off during the playoffs this season. Kid was an animal.

Furthermore, I think people underestimate how hard it is to find kids who are 300lbs with a constant running motor. They all take plays off.
This!!!

Advertisement
Was anything even reported about his OV? No photos, videos or write ups? Was there even stories on anyone from This weekend or did they all go home and turn their phones off to the media. I don’t recall seeing much

Yeah DT all the way. Just watched his highlight for the first time. He is a take. Nice get off. Used his hands well and Venables wants him pretty bad so that’s all I need to know.

Let’s hope the home team wins out
I too just watched it,much better than I expected based on his rating.

Advertisement
Well he certainly didn't decide to take many plays off during the playoffs this season. Kid was an animal.

Furthermore, I think people underestimate how hard it is to find kids who are 300lbs with a constant running motor. They all take plays off.
Nice work on the podcast with Geo the other day.

I don't think people really understand this. "Takes plays off" is a token response for any player that runs 300+ at some time in their career, whether its HS or college or even as they go on to the pro game.

Advertisement
Like this if we get him. Different position but this would be our Version of Pyburn to the Gators. We can never come late for the local kid that blows up late and the normally end up somewhere else. Gators always offer a local late riser late and nab them. If we can be choosers again with Mario it’s a good sign.

wasn't big bro lacking in the motor department?
Don’t remember a whole lot about him coming out of HS. That’s about the same time period I really started following recruiting. At UM he just always seemed to be the 3rd or 4th guy and never really caught a lot of attention.

Don’t remember a whole lot about him coming out of HS. That’s about the same time period I really started following recruiting. At UM he just always seemed to be the 3rd or 4th guy and never really caught a lot of attention.
If I remember correctly, big bro tore his ACL or something late in his HS career which took the shine off him a bit

Advertisement
Back