2022 Prospect to watch: Ahmad Moten picks Miami

Kid has a rep for being lazy and taking plays off. Not what I’m looking for in a DT
I hadn’t heard that, but if true definitely cause for concern. I think because of the situation Mario inherited at DT Recruiting and Depth wise this late in the cycle he is probably willing to take the Risk/Reward with Moten for 22.

Advertisement
I hadn’t heard that, but if true definitely cause for concern. I think because of the situation Mario inherited at DT Recruiting and Depth wise this late in the cycle he is probably willing to take the Risk/Reward with Moten for 22.
Understand your point but hopefully Mario doesnt take on dead weight for 4 years. Pick someone up in the portal in the spring over this guy.

Interesting take considering Moten was the first call Brent Venables made when he landed in Norman. according to a Moten interview i read
Maybe the kid is the next warren Sapp...I don't know. I don't like him as a prospect.

Advertisement
Well he certainly didn't decide to take many plays off during the playoffs this season. Kid was an animal.

Furthermore, I think people underestimate how hard it is to find kids who are 300lbs with a constant running motor. They all take plays off.
Jordan Davis was taking plays off in the SEC title game. At this point I ignore any of that stuff.

Advertisement
Recruitment was weird from start to finish. Didn't even know Moten really existed until Mario got on board and no idea how bad we even want this kid. Has always felt off.

Recruitment was weird from start to finish. Didn't even know Moten really existed until Mario got on board and no idea how bad we even want this kid. Has always felt off.
Alot of ppl were pushing him on here but I guess the old staff didn't like him as a prospect. He was a late bloomer tho.

Advertisement
Furthermore, I think people underestimate how hard it is to find kids who are 300lbs with a constant running motor. They all take plays off.

This! All big kids play down to their competition from play to play. Usually they've learned when to 'turn it on' from a young age. They unlearn these bad habits in college when they realize the switch needs to stay ON just to get on the field.

There's no reason to be picky when Jordan Miller is our only real 1T on the roster. Moten film shows everything you want.

Advertisement
1643720101937.png

Still don’t understand how him and thomas weren’t priorities for the last staff

Advertisement
Back