Prop Joe Special 2020

I coached at South Broward in the spring last year, but left in the summer to go back to my old school (wasnt really feeling it at SB). Like you all have said, the talent has been there. The team that was there in the spring would have easily won that district in 2018. But the head coach wanted a more old school, Mark Richt-like offense I could say. The offensive coordinator was running more spread concepts, but Franklin never truly wanted that. So right after spring, a ton of kids left and a few coaches did to, including me.

They already lost a kid to Chaminade this spring (WR De'mon Henry, got an offer from Syracuse). He'll be a stud, and I'm glad Jerald has done well (he has a nickname but I forgot it). I thought his attitude might hold him back, but whatever they've done at McArthur has allowed him to shine and I'm happy about that.

Advertisement
I coached at South Broward in the spring last year, but left in the summer to go back to my old school (wasnt really feeling it at SB). Like you all have said, the talent has been there. The team that was there in the spring would have easily won that district in 2018. But the head coach wanted a more old school, Mark Richt-like offense I could say. The offensive coordinator was running more spread concepts, but Franklin never truly wanted that. So right after spring, a ton of kids left and a few coaches did to, including me.

They already lost a kid to Chaminade this spring (WR De'mon Henry, got an offer from Syracuse). He'll be a stud, and I'm glad Jerald has done well (he has a nickname but I forgot it). I thought his attitude might hold him back, but whatever they've done at McArthur has allowed him to shine and I'm happy about that.

His nickname is KILLA

Franklin coacdhed me in high school i know that offense like the back of my hand!lol

Advertisement
I sure the LSU board has a SEC groupie section for you
I sure the LSU board has a SEC groupie section for you

I'm the LAST person to care for SEC. The 1 POSITION i know they recruit and evaluate real well at LSU is DB....Kid is a db and has an lsu offer which is my relevance for posting about that particular offer.

What exactly do we wait for in cases like this? The downside is really minimal to doing due diligence, talking to the kid and tossing an offer. It's not like we're fighting kids off at the position.

I dont know to be honest. I guess they go national and then come back. But this is legit a kid with an Lsu, Maryland, South Carolina, Rutgers, Louisville, WKU offers right now since the colleges been able to offer. I tried to get us in on him early because i know he would begin to blow up. I dont think they know about him yet other than the one staffer i know.

Hopefully they reach out though...i might have some play in this one.lol

His nickname is KILLA

Franklin coacdhed me in high school i know that offense like the back of my hand!lol
Killa, that's it. Honestly South Broward was so frustrating. He never let the OC that he promoted just do his thing. Always was breathing down his neck. It really was a Mark Richt-style offense, except maybe even older lol.

The talent they lost due to transfers last season went to Western (and played well), McArthur (and balled out), Cardinal Gibbons (not sure how that went), Piper (did well I think), Edison (meh). I may be missing others. Definitely frustrating that they didn't stay, but I totally understand why they didn't. There were some underlying issues as well.

But I agree with you, I hope Miami throws an offer his way.

Killa, that's it. Honestly South Broward was so frustrating. He never let the OC that he promoted just do his thing. Always was breathing down his neck. It really was a Mark Richt-style offense, except maybe even older lol.

The talent they lost due to transfers last season went to Western (and played well), McArthur (and balled out), Cardinal Gibbons (not sure how that went), Piper (did well I think), Edison (meh). I may be missing others. Definitely frustrating that they didn't stay, but I totally understand why they didn't. There were some underlying issues as well.

But I agree with you, I hope Miami throws an offer his way.

Yea coach franklin o was pretty solid back when i played in the early 2000s. But not sure if it works depending on personnel...its pro style. We had a 210 pd rb, and 6'3 200 pd wr then. He's a solid coach but not sure if he can work with everybody...its either ya like him or not..with alot of players/coaches on the other side of that. lol

The kid that went to Piper is racking up offers right now i think your talking about the DE. He transferred to chaminade now i think.

SB still have a young kid who is getting offers a db...they had a big rb as well who got good yardage a chubby kid

Advertisement
Yea coach franklin o was pretty solid back when i played in the early 2000s. But not sure if it works depending on personnel...its pro style. We had a 210 pd rb, and 6'3 200 pd wr then. He's a solid coach but not sure if he can work with everybody...its either ya like him or not..with alot of players/coaches on the other side of that. lol

The kid that went to Piper is racking up offers right now i think your talking about the DE. He transferred to chaminade now i think.

SB still have a young kid who is getting offers a db...they had a big rb as well who got good yardage a chubby kid
And in a pro style offense, you gotta have a big strong o line that can move ppl and make holes for the RB. SB didn't have that. He's a good coach, but I just think the modern football has passed him by and he didn't really adjust with it.

Chaminade loading up again lol. Gotta be them and Trinity Christian in the 3A championship right

And in a pro style offense, you gotta have a big strong o line that can move ppl and make holes for the RB. SB didn't have that. He's a good coach, but I just think the modern football has passed him by and he didn't really adjust with it.

Chaminade loading up again lol. Gotta be them and Trinity Christian in the 3A championship right

Yup i was a part of his oline. We were pretty solid size save for at center. He usually could coach up a qb solidly since he played that spot. I think you got the Richt thing on him truly right. he would be a good coach with young guys around him that he would let do their thing. Also he needs a school with definite talent.

I dont know to be honest. I guess they go national and then come back. But this is legit a kid with an Lsu, Maryland, South Carolina, Rutgers, Louisville, WKU offers right now since the colleges been able to offer. I tried to get us in on him early because i know he would begin to blow up. I dont think they know about him yet other than the one staffer i know.

Hopefully they reach out though...i might have some play in this one.lol
That offer is coming big bro, DVD is on him.

Advertisement
What exactly do we wait for in cases like this? The downside is really minimal to doing due diligence, talking to the kid and tossing an offer. It's not like we're fighting kids off at the position.

Downright baffling.

Advertisement

Because there is a shy ton of db in sofla next season...A ton. Some have offers already, he won't have to wait much longer if they like him. Also don't forget, we have a new HC.

If we hired the hated Chad Wilson how would y'all feel?

"Are there multiple kids we want who respect, could be swayed by, or will at least listen to this person?"
If the answer is yes, then I'm willing to overlook MOST (not all) but most other flaws.

The name of the game besides (and as a prelude to) winning, is talent acquisition.
And if that person helps with that, I generally don't mind it.

Advertisement
Back