Proof's in the pudding, but I'm encouraged about MD as our DC because of this quote..

I am happy with the staff upgrades, but I don't view that as infrastructure. We had a staff that wasn't up to standard, so improvement is good but expected and needed. Shoop as an analyst is an infrastructure improvement. I'd be interested to know what investments we're making into development and analytics and recruiting / roster management.
Shoop could turn out to be the biggest hire with biggest impact.

Advertisement
Do you know who has won 3 conference titles- a Rose Bowl and was assistant HC at Bama- handpicked by Saban- yep, the guy who actually wore cleats on game day and not the ESPN nerd who wore them to practice and lost to FIU.
ROFL, one things for certain, that **** got an uphill battle based on his resume, the main things he has going for em is he's smart and has good people skills. Other than that those of us who know, the mandate at UM has been and still is to separate and cut ties with the Hurricanes who contributed to make this place Great, don't give them more impactful roles, and just want to develop a nice solid football program which is why diaz was chosen over cristobal.

At the same time, coach diaz wants to get it back to being dominant, but is that possible with the make-up of this current coaching staff and mindset of the coaches.

No DC worth a **** is coaching under Manny Lombardi. You dudes have no clue how little little Manny is respected in the coaching world.

Thankfully FIU isn’t on the schedule next season.
And your opinion makes that true! Numbers go both ways, mario one won a rose bowl but he still was fired! See how he do with a new qb now that tyler shoughe(sp?) Is transferring.

ROFL, one things for certain, that **** got an uphill battle based on his resume, the main things he has going for em is he's smart and has good people skills. Other than that those of us who know, the mandate at UM has been and still is to separate and cut ties with the Hurricanes who contributed to make this place Great, don't give them more impactful roles, and just want to develop a nice solid football program which is why diaz was chosen over cristobal.

At the same time, coach diaz wants to get it back to being dominant, but is that possible with the make-up of this current coaching staff and mindset of the coaches.

Lol @ that being the reason Diaz was chosen

Advertisement
If don’t like Manny Diaz you should be loving this. This dude is putting all his chips on the table and saying the buck stops with me. If we suck next year and get embarrassed in big games like last year he is out of here. But if he turns this motherrucker around and we go
12-1 or 11-2 we have to give credit where credit is due. Whether your Mopesqaud or Slurpergang the truth will reveal Itself in due time. See y’all in six months I’m out!!!
Except I don't think he is out of here next year if we get embarrassed in big games. I think we'd literally have to go sub-.500 for Manny to get fired, which I don't think is very likely with our schedule. If we go 8-4 or even 7-5 with some ugly losses, he's still coming back imo.

And I'm not really commenting one way or the other on that, just saying. Thought Manny was a bad hire and he's done a poor job coaching thus far, but I respect that he's gone all-in 2 offseasons in a row to try and fix it. Love the coaching hires both offseasons, and though I'd rather he'd have hired a DC this year, I'm interested to see how things work with Schoop in the mix (still better than what we've had the past 2 seasons with Baker). IMO how he's handled the past 2 offseasons means you can't write Manny off just yet.

Lol @ that being the reason Diaz was chosen
Hopefully you're laughing because you know for sure that neither troll shalala nor flake james would've hired schnelly, jimmy, dennis nor butch. The UM castration process began when that troll took over, flake james got desparate and had to hire coach richt at that time, but if you think the administration at this school is still not trying too "change the image" of UM and be accepted, you're fooling yourself!

Hopefully you're laughing because you know for sure that neither troll shalala nor flake james would've hired schnelly, jimmy, dennis nor butch. The UM castration process began when that troll took over, flake james got desparate and had to hire coach richt at that time, but if you think the administration at this school is still not trying too "change the image" of UM and be accepted, you're fooling yourself!
Yeah I’m laughing at the UM hiring process

Advertisement
Manny isnt the goat but people copping for Luigi?
gary coleman wtf GIF

"I’m going to be the defensive coordinator,” Diaz said. “I have guys on the staff I can delegate things to. But for this to work out, I have to go all in. "

Yes, I know that HC's are notorious for saying anything, but I've got a good feeling about this situation. Certainly a better feeling than I've had since he quit being DC two years ago.

One of my biggest concerns was not being all in. I think he will be and will delegate the rest. Carroll won 2 NC's arguably, while being HC and DC.

Also, if Shoop handles his business, then I could see him taking over as DC moving forward.

Not that J Phillips was ever coming back, but if he had decided to return...man, I would REALLY be drinking the coolaid for the coming season. This is the most excited I've been in a while. Manny really might be bringing us back. Thank God we're not in the SEC so we have space to improve and build. Anyway, I think we will win 10 games barring a rash of injuries at key positions.
Please stop regurgitating this nonsense. He had to go all in. Lol what was he before with an entire side of the ball of yes men?

Advertisement
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson

We shall see Manny's, when 'Bama comes in. By the end of the first quarter, it will be clear who we are under him.

One game doesn't say anything. What was that Bama vs OSU score after 1 quarter?

Still trying to win an argument with yourself I see.

I asked a legitimate question.

You made a claim that his long-ago retired politician father, who nobody even gives a shlt about any more, influenced trustees in the decision of him being hired.

Who were these trustees?

That’s a pretty big claim to make isnt it, Ethenic?

I’m not trying to win any argument, you’re making claims, I’m discussing said claims.

Stop flopping around like a fish on deck and answer the question.

Advertisement
I asked a legitimate question.

You made a claim that his long-ago retired politician father, who nobody even gives a shlt about any more, influenced trustees in the decision of him being hired.

Who were these trustees?

That’s a pretty big claim to make isnt it, Ethenic?

I’m not trying to win any argument, you’re making claims, I’m discussing said claims.

Stop flopping around like a fish on deck and answer the question.

Another cis urban legend.

If one game doesn't say anything, why are we constantly told we're crap based on the UNC game in a season where we went 8-3?

Because we all know when you win a game around here, you're supposed to and the team you beat sucks, but when you lose a game, you're garbage, every kid and every coach is garbage, and we're hopeless.

If don’t like Manny Diaz you should be loving this. This dude is putting all his chips on the table and saying the buck stops with me. If we suck next year and get embarrassed in big games like last year he is out of here. But if he turns this motherrucker around and we go
12-1 or 11-2 we have to give credit where credit is due. Whether your Mopesqaud or Slurpergang the truth will reveal Itself in due time. See y’all in six months I’m out!!!
Now what?

Advertisement
Back