Proof's in the pudding, but I'm encouraged about MD as our DC because of this quote..

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
"I’m going to be the defensive coordinator,” Diaz said. “I have guys on the staff I can delegate things to. But for this to work out, I have to go all in. "

Yes, I know that HC's are notorious for saying anything, but I've got a good feeling about this situation. Certainly a better feeling than I've had since he quit being DC two years ago.

One of my biggest concerns was not being all in. I think he will be and will delegate the rest. Carroll won 2 NC's arguably, while being HC and DC.

Also, if Shoop handles his business, then I could see him taking over as DC moving forward.

Not that J Phillips was ever coming back, but if he had decided to return...man, I would REALLY be drinking the coolaid for the coming season. This is the most excited I've been in a while. Manny really might be bringing us back. Thank God we're not in the SEC so we have space to improve and build. Anyway, I think we will win 10 games barring a rash of injuries at key positions.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Whatever works, I'M all IN. As a temporary situation. Re butch davis vs the gaytor.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If don’t like Manny Diaz you should be loving this. This dude is putting all his chips on the table and saying the buck stops with me. If we suck next year and get embarrassed in big games like last year he is out of here. But if he turns this motherrucker around and we go
12-1 or 11-2 we have to give credit where credit is due. Whether your Mopesqaud or Slurpergang the truth will reveal Itself in due time. See y’all in six months I’m out!!!

Hoping for the best. Expecting we lose a year before he figures out he can’t do both jobs. Assuming Bama doesn’t expose him day one, the real test will be UNC again.
I disagree with unc being the real test. Everybody hanging on to that last game but that shît was a blimp. Unc offense was good but they had a lot of help in looking as good as they did that day

Advertisement
"I’m going to be the defensive coordinator,” Diaz said. “I have guys on the staff I can delegate things to. But for this to work out, I have to go all in. "

Yes, I know that HC's are notorious for saying anything, but I've got a good feeling about this situation. Certainly a better feeling than I've had since he quit being DC two years ago.

One of my biggest concerns was not being all in. I think he will be and will delegate the rest. Carroll won 2 NC's arguably, while being HC and DC.

Also, if Shoop handles his business, then I could see him taking over as DC moving forward.

Not that J Phillips was ever coming back, but if he had decided to return...man, I would REALLY be drinking the coolaid for the coming season. This is the most excited I've been in a while. Manny really might be bringing us back. Thank God we're not in the SEC so we have space to improve and build. Anyway, I think we will win 10 games barring a rash of injuries at key positions.
Who’s Carroll?

Advertisement

Like QB?

Do you know who has won 3 conference titles- a Rose Bowl and was assistant HC at Bama- handpicked by Saban- yep, the guy who actually wore cleats on game day and not the ESPN nerd who wore them to practice and lost to FIU.

So you didn’t realize who it was

Mario Cristobal was fired from his last HC job

Advertisement
Back