Proof of Randomness in College Baseball

Jaromir Jagr

Senior
Banned
Who would have guessed that we would ever see this list of no-name teams in Omaha.....

Cal-State Fullerton
Florida
Florida State
Louisville
LSU
Oregon State
TCU
Texas A&M

Further proof that it's all a big roulette wheel and coaching has no part in it. Random.

Advertisement
nothing like a little Morris bashing in the morning, I would love for you to bring some baseball insight on here

nothing like a little Morris bashing in the morning, I would love for you to bring some baseball insight on here

I thought he did. The field shows coaching and recruiting matters. 44 years down the tubes, yet we feel Morris is owed another year for his service to the team. Really? This is why businesses fail, and why other teams/programs fail.

There is, and has been an issue with this team, yet our AD has failed to do his job. Now we finally see the results of those failures. 64 teams, and we were not included, 44 years and the streak ended. Not one coach fired. Are you kidding me?

He brings a ton more than you do. I was all for giving Morris a chance to turn it around. That chance has come and passed. This last season was unforgivable.

Advertisement
Morris deserves better from this fan base. Guy produced for 20+ years, in a game that's harder to win than any other. I will continue to show gratitude, turn on Canes Baseball and continue to support for years to come

Morris deserves better from this fan base. Guy produced for 20+ years, in a game that's harder to win than any other. I will continue to show gratitude, turn on Canes Baseball and continue to support for years to come

It can be spun both ways. The player and fans deserved better as well. As a fan I thank Morris for the time he was engaged as a coach with this program, but that time seemed to pass a few years ago. If he cared about the program he would have realized it and stepped down before the program eroded to the point of the streak ending. He could have had a great farewell season had he done so prior, but now it will be somewhat hollow, unless he could win it all, which I seriously doubt will happen next season.

He no longer can win at this level. It's obvious. He's had two good years in a decade. That's more than fair to him. I appreciate what he did for the program in his prime. But it's time for him to retire or move on to a lesser program where the standards are not as high.

Advertisement
Morris is the Bobby Bowden of the University of Miami. Do you just expect the administration to get rid of him after one bad season given his track record?

Advertisement
So making it to the World Series this year makes you a good coach but not the previous 2?

If you want to join the baseball board out of nowhere, at least understand the context of the post you're responding to. There has been an entire legal defense team telling us that Morris has been a complete and utter failure in the post-season because the post-season is "random". Yet here we are looking at a Who's Who of CWS history, a bunch of historical legends that all managed to defeat the dreaded coin flip.

This is the 9th straight year in which Jim Morris will not defeat an equal or higher seed in the post-season, so let's ease up on the parade for 2015 and 2016.

Hello 4% of the FSU football fanbase in 2008

Advertisement
Complete fabrication...... Another lie by the Nole masquerading as a fan.

Purely using mathematics. The regular season is the best proof of a team's ability. It is a statistically significant sample with which to gauge prowess. The next best measure are the Regionals. Third best measure are the Supers. Omaha is the most random of the 4 events, by far (winners include Coastal Carolina; Fresno State and a UVA team that went 15-15 in ACC that given year).

Gnome cites these teams in 2017 and ignores the fact that Morris attended in both 2015 and 2016. Morris performed better than 83% of coaches during his absolute worst stretch, and outperformed ~98% of coaches between 2015-2016 (gnome ignores this because UM did not beat teams that the weasel considers elite - ludicrous Nole assertion). Morris team fell to top ~55% this year, which was a disaster. 2017 was an unmitigated disaster, albeit significant improvement occurred during latter half of season... (Nole ignores this as well)

Florida, LSU, Fullerton and TCU made it to the World Series 2 of the past three years, and only Florida made it 3 years in a row.

Taking emotion out of it, the numbers are clear. When one excludes the deranged, virulence of the gnome, the numbers become clearer....

Morris performed better than 83% of coaches during his absolute worst stretch

He doesn't have a win against an equal or better seed in nine years. Take your fake stats and choke on them.

Florida, LSU, Fullerton and TCU made it to the World Series 2 of the past three years, and only Florida made it 3 years in a row.

TCU made it to the CWS in 2014, 2015, 2016, and again in 2017. But somehow the Dartmouth math guy doesn't see where TCU made the CWS 3 years in a row. Well done, stats dude, well done.

TCU made it to the CWS in 2014, 2015, 2016, and again in 2017. But somehow the Dartmouth math guy doesn't see where TCU made the CWS 3 years in a row. Well done, stats dude, well done.

Also, the one program that has made the CWS four years in a row is private and costs $58,000 a year. Their big public school rival costs $26,000 a year and has been to the CWS once in the past six years. I wonder if the difference is the head coach.....

Advertisement
Back