Proof of Randomness in College Baseball

Advertisement
Come on, Canes0177. What is this, the fourth screen name? We know you're a Morris superfan, but this is getting a little ridiculous. Just cling to your 2001 national champs t-shirt and things will be okay.

Also, feel free to come up with a good answer for something, anything, that I've said.

I have for over a year. You're not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours. But I will always have this: after pointing out the decline in the program, the program completely missed the NCAA Tournament. I was right and there's not a thing you can do about it.

Sorry man, but you are beyond dumb.

We are giving you TWO different scenarios. TWO different criteria.....

When one provides TWO scenarios, there are TWO results. If we gave you: (1.) 2+2=4; and (2.) 2+3=5..... then there would be TWO answers.

This is a waste of time. Under 3 DIFFERENT scenarios, he is either top 10% to at worst 17%.......

Look, Morris won 236 games during his worst stretch. I GUARANTEE you that only 12% of Division-I, NCAA baseball coaches won more. It is that simple.

This thread seals it for me, and I am sorry that UM's education failed you, but your grasp of basic skills is deplorable. At what level did you stop taking math?

But I will always have this: after pointing out the decline in the program, the program completely missed the NCAA Tournament. I was right and there's not a thing you can do about it.

To repeat:

You said the 2015 team wouldn't be a national seed and wouldn't get to Omaha.

You said the 2016 team wouldn't be a national seed and wouldn't get to Omaha.

I don't recall you saying that the streak would end in 2017 but let's be charitable and give that to you.

So your 33% accuracy has you prancing around as if you called something?

Typically laughable.

We will all have the truth over you. There's nothing you can do about it.

Advertisement
Poor guy is given two scenarios and cannot differentiate that they are different. Poor guy possesses rudimentary skills. Would be interesting to see if he can even visualize the directions that he provides guests.

I am barely 40, and have stated this. He is 45 and he calls me "the old man".

Someone on this site actually met up with the gnome for a game and came back comparing him to a 'woman's sanitary napkin'. We might be dealing with the reincarnation of poor DannyBoy.

This is the person who claims to be a statistical genius:

"Morris performed better than 83% of coaches during his absolute worst stretch"
"Take Morris' worst stretch and compare his total wins against all other schools..... He is better than 88% of the 283 teams"
"During MOrris' worst stretch, he outperformed ~83% of the 294 NCAA coaches in division 1 baseball"

So is it 88% or 83%? And are there 283 teams or 294 teams?

Want to know the funniest part? There are 299 D-1 teams.

I'm not an advocate of abusing the elderly, but ****, this is too easy.

Someone on this site actually met up with the gnome for a game and came back comparing him to a 'woman's sanitary napkin'. We might be dealing with the reincarnation of poor DannyBoy.

WTF? Where do you come up with this stuff?

Hey, smart Dartmouth math guy, how many D1 teams are there?

Advertisement
Now, should we take more snippets and use them out of context?

I quote you accurately when I destroy you.

Your quoting of me is a complete fabrication and purposeful distortion.

So you failed again.

You're pathetic at this. Even tcgrad thinks you're bad.

Wow Tiny, I can do the same.

You didn't post anything smart or insightful about this program.

So apparently you can't do the same.

Well I did exactly what you did, so that says a lot about your posts as well.

Insightful... This program is being lead by a coach that is in decline. The position has been given to an assistant that was part of the worst season in over 44 years, and that is very concerning for the program. UM has a history of promoting from within and it not working out. Proof, Brad Kelley, Larry Coker, Randy Shannon. I do not feel that Morris should be gifted another season just because of his history years ago or because he is a good guy.

The other Morris fan on this thread keeps talking about the win percentage being so high as opposed to the other 294 teams in D1. Well, frankly it should be. We are an elite program and we should be in the top 10 or 20 in wins, period. However, what is our win percentage vs UF in the last five years? What is our win percentage in the last two CWS? What is the combined score in the when we played UF in the 2015 CWS? That is the measuring stick.

Advertisement
Well I did exactly what you did, so that says a lot about your posts as well.

Again, no you didn't.

You posted something that was the exact opposite of what I said. You fabricated a post to make me say something that I didn't.

I quote people in full context.

However, what is our win percentage vs UF in the last five years? What is our win percentage in the last two CWS? What is the combined score in the when we played UF in the 2015 CWS? That is the measuring stick.

So the measuring stick is the combined run total in two games in 2015?

Yeah, you're definitely plugged in.

Advertisement
However, what is our win percentage vs UF in the last five years? What is our win percentage in the last two CWS? What is the combined score in the when we played UF in the 2015 CWS? That is the measuring stick.

So the measuring stick is the combined run total in two games in 2015?

Yeah, you're definitely plugged in.

Well, since 2015 is our BEST showing in the last nine seasons, you might want to be careful how far you take this one. The gem season of Morris' last nine years is one in which he gave up 25 runs on the biggest stage to a hated rival. That's his BEST season out of the past nine.

Well, since 2015 is our BEST showing in the last nine seasons, you might want to be careful how far you take this one.

I don't have to be careful at all. I think 2016 was our best team and best season.

The fact that 2015 was only second best is a point for me.

Well, since 2015 is our BEST showing in the last nine seasons, you might want to be careful how far you take this one.

I don't have to be careful at all. I think 2016 was our best team and best season.

The fact that 2015 was only second best is a point for me.

Yeah, you killed that point. I'd hate to hear which one of those disasters was his THIRD best season. My god.

Advertisement
Back