Program setback

Who’s they? You act like this admin actually cares about wins. 9-4 after 8-3 would be orgasmic for them…Plus the list of coaches who would come here AND we would take AND is an obvious upgrade is very small. I think miami thinks that unless Mario is locked up, the status quo is best right now
If we hadn't been embarrassed by Herbstreit on national television, maybe. But there are BOT members who feel as we do. This is why Blake's and Manny's fates are intertwined. The start of this season was enough to set things in motion. There are no defenders willing to chance next season turning out the same and being told, "I told you so."

And we're not going 9-4, regardless of squeaking past NC St by 1 point.

Advertisement
You're more optimistic than I am. We see what it takes for change with this program. National embarrassment. This is the most poorly run athletic department in America with a real lack of vision. 7-5 and he stays and Blake stays. Watch. Then come back to this thread a few months from now and understand why I said last night's win was a program setback which keeps us in 7-5 ****.
Herbstreit's comments were more of a national embarrassment than even a humiliating loss would be. That level of separation between the BOT/admin and the team has disappeared.

Don’t look now but all of a sudden this supposedly “lost” season has life again.

The division is still in play and this conference is wide the F*CK open.

Kudos to Manny and the young guns for a big win tonight!

P.S.

This is the NEW MIAMI where we celebrate 3-4.

Even if we don’t win the corstal, let’s go make a bowl game baby!

Sorry I can’t do it.

You slurpers and your loser blood are something else.
Maybe we’re just happy for a win. What’s loser about that? Maybe you never played big time football before and only think NCAA14 and Madden is real. Nothing loser about winning games in conference vs top 25 teams.

Advertisement
For him to reel off 7 straight (including bowl game) would take a miracle. That said, if he did it, it would put the UM administration in a very tough spot. It would put a lot of people on this board in a tough spot too. But I just don’t see that happening. So him being fired is inevitable.
Just bc you don’t see it doesn’t mean it’s a fact. That just means you don’t know everything. If they win out, when we win out correction, we could be ACC champs and win a big time bowl game (OB). That’s what we want from our coach. That’s the reason they would hire someone else, is to do those things.

Even running the table, I doubt there is any way Manny makes it past this season. Winning games keeps the players happy and out of the portal.

This is complete nonsense. There are dozens of coaches that would be OBVIOUS upgrades. Miami won last night DESPITE their coaching, not because of it. Manny Diaz puts the program at a disadvantage because he's that incompetent. Inability to manage the clock, a culture that lacks accountability, mind boggling in game decisions, all are a reflection of Manny's incompetence. It's obvious to anyone with two working eyes that a competent HC would have this team at 1 loss, with a win over MSU and comfortable wins over UVA, UNC and NC State. That's the difference, Miami should easily be the class of the ACC right now, it's awful and here we are.

Deepest condolences for this once proud program indeed.
@Canedude08 said it better than I can and @JD08 also added in a solid point so I quoted them.

Advertisement
Back