Program setback

That game was similar to the UVA game in year 1 of Manny. Nice little win against an overranked ACC team but we know this team will finish 6-6 and then lose a toilet bowl to a mediocre team.

Advertisement
Dude was about to cry. It felt like he didn’t want to say it but you could put it together that it was gonna be the last season to coach those kids.
One thing is clear....Manny is a super emotional guy. He looks to be on the verge of tears often. His in-game celebrations are over the top. I have no issue with him being sentimental as long as this is his farewell tour.

Advertisement
I have merged 4 “We won & Mannys not getting canned immediately” threads for those interested in mourning.

Deepest condolences of course.

Miserable person. This win means nothing in the manny diaz tenure. He's already done.
Apparently you havent followed Miami football too long. Around here, it takes a **** load of constant embarrassments for any changes to be made. Blowout losses, empty seats, and banners or youl be seeing an extension

Advertisement
Our savior?
5rm6pu.jpg

One thing is clear....Manny is a super emotional guy. He looks to be on the verge of tears often. His in-game celebrations are over the top. I have no issue with him being sentimental as long as this is his farewell tour.
For him to reel off 7 straight (including bowl game) would take a miracle. That said, if he did it, it would put the UM administration in a very tough spot. It would put a lot of people on this board in a tough spot too. But I just don’t see that happening. So him being fired is inevitable.

Even running the table, I doubt there is any way Manny makes it past this season. Winning games keeps the players happy and out of the portal.
9-4 Would 100% mean Manny is coach next year. Miami admin can easily explain away those two close losses and turn it into an 11 win season in their eyes

Advertisement
Yeah but after that we can easily win out. If not win out we win 3 out of 4. Qualify for bowl game with some momentum.
We will probably qualify for yet another horrific beat down by Wisconsin in the Military Bowl or some other Bad Corching Bowl. Then the effing Board will tut tut and say “looks like we’ve turned the corner at least!” and give Manny a five year extension.

Because Coral Gables is now Purgatory.

9-4 Would 100% mean Manny is coach next year. Miami admin can easily explain away those two close losses and turn it into an 11 win season in their eyes
I sincerely doubt it. There's been far too much talk about the lack of success and they know that he's not the guy to get them to the next level. You can only kick the can down the road for so long. Blake James will likely be gone as well.

Some of y’all are just dumb *****. Short of a miracle comeback this season(winning out including ACC Championship and bowl game), Manny should still be fired. Regardless, it’s good for the kids to win. They have to learn how to win regardless.

Advertisement
There was a point in the game last night when a player committed a really costly penalty. I was watching closely as the player went to the sidelines and it looked like Manny was going to give the player hug and tell him its gonna be alright. It was a moment that seemed to me a clear example of the lack accountability in the current culture at Miami. It just reinforced to me that Manny is and never will be the guy here.

I sincerely doubt it. There's been far too much talk about the lack of success and they know that he's not the guy to get them to the next level. You can only kick the can down the road for so long. Blake James will likely be gone as well.
Who’s they? You act like this admin actually cares about wins. 9-4 after 8-3 would be orgasmic for them…Plus the list of coaches who would come here AND we would take AND is an obvious upgrade is very small. I think miami thinks that unless Mario is locked up, the status quo is best right now

Who’s they? You act like this admin actually cares about wins. 9-4 after 8-3 would be orgasmic for them…Plus the list of coaches who would come here AND we would take AND is an obvious upgrade is very small. I think miami thinks that unless Mario is locked up, the status quo is best right now
This is complete nonsense. There are dozens of coaches that would be OBVIOUS upgrades. Miami won last night DESPITE their coaching, not because of it. Manny Diaz puts the program at a disadvantage because he's that incompetent. Inability to manage the clock, a culture that lacks accountability, mind boggling in game decisions, all are a reflection of Manny's incompetence. It's obvious to anyone with two working eyes that a competent HC would have this team at 1 loss, with a win over MSU and comfortable wins over UVA, UNC and NC State. That's the difference, Miami should easily be the class of the ACC right now, it's awful and here we are.

You're more optimistic than I am. We see what it takes for change with this program. National embarrassment. This is the most poorly run athletic department in America with a real lack of vision. 7-5 and he stays and Blake stays. Watch. Then come back to this thread a few months from now and understand why I said last night's win was a program setback which keeps us in 7-5 ****.

Advertisement
Back