ProCanes 2015 NFL Combine

Unnecessary weight gain leads to under performance on the field.

Hopefully some of you will one day grasp that concept.

Advertisement
"Prior to the Combine, sources said that they heard that Miami inside linebacker Perryman wouldn't run quickly at the Combine. That came to fruition as Perryman had a 4.78-second time in the 40-yard dash. Perryman is a natural football player, and the Combine isn't his place to shine. He wasn't as fluid in the field drills, but he did keep his feet and didn't take a lot of extra false steps. Perryman didn't do enough to alleviate the third-down concerns." - Walterfootball.com

Perryman there in the 3rd or 4th Rd I'm snatching and quickly

hes the best ilb in the draft and it aint close...film dont lie...

put on the tpes of other guys at his position and then watch his.....completely different....alot of "combine guys" i see at that lb group....When the pads were jus on at sr bowl he was douing his thing as well

Advertisement
But the people on here said he was a 1st rounder. What gives?

There were a few mock drafts that had him going on the first, posters were just posting that.

Saw the same thing so its wasn't a CIS thing. I think most people on here before those mocks came out figured he would be 2nd round.

Fact of the matter is, some guys just aren't combine warriors. (Terrell Suggs. Buddy ran a 4.8) They just can play football.

I am willing to bet there are some teams out there secretly happy that he didn't "do well" at the combine. So he can fly under the radar and they can snatch him up in the early 2nd. If he had ran a 4.55-4.6 some team would have been forced to draft him late 1st round because the word would have been out.

Perryman will go somewhere and start right away and be a Pro Bowl regular. A 4.7 forty doesn't change that. Just means that some dolts who get too intoxicated by measurables will pass on him a couple times.

"Miami's Ladarius Gunter (6-1, 202) has size for a corner, but he had a disappointing total of 12. One would think that Gunter would have done better." - Walterfootball.com

Advertisement
I don't think anyone was expecting Gunter to burn rubber out there. Its not a good 40 time but he has a chance to run again at the Pro Day. He gets it down to the low 4.6 and he still has a chance to get drafted. Which is a win for him IMO.

How many reps did Deion Sanders do? It's real tough to play CB unless you can bench a lot of weight.

Advertisement
Joe Haden ran a 4.6, hasn't stopped him from being a shutdown corner in the NFL. Some guys put up great numbers and can't play football for ****. Some guys put up **** numbers but play football great. When you spend half your time on the field back pedaling, I'm not sure how fast you ran a forty or how many reps you did on the bench matter that much.

If Gunter makes it in the NFL it will be because he studies the game, understands situations, anticipates plays and has hips to get in and out of breaks quickly. Joe Haden is great at all those things, so he's an all pro football player. Demarcus Van Dyke is not, so he is consistently in and out of work on practice squads.

Joe Haden ran a 4.6, hasn't stopped him from being a shutdown corner in the NFL. Some guys put up great numbers and can't play football for ****. Some guys put up **** numbers but play football great. When you spend half your time on the field back pedaling, I'm not sure how fast you ran a forty or how many reps you did on the bench matter that much.

If Gunter makes it in the NFL it will be because he studies the game, understands situations, anticipates plays and has hips to get in and out of breaks quickly. Joe Haden is great at all those things, so he's an all pro football player. Demarcus Van Dyke is not, so he is consistently in and out of work on practice squads.

The only issue is that Gunter is not as talented as either of the two you named... DVD rarely allowed a catch on him with great speed... His senior year trumps Gunter's... Joe Haden was a straight up beast... Gunter was decent...

The only issue is that Gunter is not as talented as either of the two you named... DVD rarely allowed a catch on him with great speed... His senior year trumps Gunter's... Joe Haden was a straight up beast... Gunter was decent...

Ahhhhh...I liked DVD and all but if he had not run that 4.28 at the combine (or whatever it was) and ran a 4.69 instead, he would not have gotten drafted AT ALL. He was solid at best his last year here. Now I don't know if Gunter is going to get drafted, but I think their careers here were about even IMO.

Advertisement
if you watched the combine live mike mayock and willie mcginnest both were saying how the linebacker group as a whole was unimpressive and none of them looked particularly athletic while they were going through the drills, the tcu linebacker i forgot his name put up the worst stats of all of them.

if you watched the combine live mike mayock and willie mcginnest both were saying how the linebacker group as a whole was unimpressive and none of them looked particularly athletic while they were going through the drills, the tcu linebacker i forgot his name put up the worst stats of all of them.

Paul Dawson. And he was suppose to be the freak of the group. No "Mike Mamula" combine warriors this year. Just guys who can play football and knock you into next week. I don't see the problem if im a scout.

Ahhhhh...I liked DVD and all but if he had not run that 4.28 at the combine (or whatever it was) and ran a 4.69 instead, he would not have gotten drafted AT ALL. He was solid at best his last year here. Now I don't know if Gunter is going to get drafted, but I think their careers here were about even IMO.

Don't get me wrong DVD wasn't on Haden's level and his speed was a great attribute. However he was still better than Gunter. The comparison of DVD and Haden in regards to Gunter is a bad example... He wasn't on either talent..

2015NFLCombine.jpg

Advertisement
Back