ProCanes 2015 NFL Combine

Chick- 4.77 , 1.59 split
Impossible. He's white. He can't be athletic. He didn't have a ton of sacks in Folden's pass-rusher friendly system.

All the guys who dumped on Chick over the last 4 years for coming here as an explosive and relentless 5 star pass rusher and then doing everything our brain dead corches made him do are going to look like the c0ckbags they are.

Yeah those were rich posts. I always said he was a tremendous edge rusher in HS and morons on here said he was overrated and not terribly athletic. Pretty **** athletic to me!

Advertisement
"Miami's Denzel Perryman is a physical middle linebacker who puts backs into the ground hard. He showed that he is committed to the weight room, as he totaled 27 reps on the bench press. Running fast in the 40 is critical for Perryman."

Advertisement
Chick- 4.77 , 1.59 split
Impossible. He's white. He can't be athletic. He didn't have a ton of sacks in Folden's pass-rusher friendly system.

All the guys who dumped on Chick over the last 4 years for coming here as an explosive and relentless 5 star pass rusher and then doing everything our brain dead corches made him do are going to look like the c0ckbags they are.

Yeah those were rich posts. I always said he was a tremendous edge rusher in HS and morons on here said he was overrated and not terribly athletic. Pretty **** athletic to me!

LMFAO where is that troll that said he is too slow for the NFL? lol.

Im pleasantly pleased about his 40 yard, but his 10 yard was as expected. He has a great burst. And ranked 1st or 2nd in the 10yard dash.

Dont know if anyone posted this but his NFL page has him @ 260. Guess weighing 800 lbs was not best for him lol

for comparison fowler who is similar size to chick ran a 4.61 and 4.65 and their raving about him and a smaller guy in vic beasley so yea chick's 4.7 is pretty **** good

beasley btw ran a 4.5 something

That is **** good for Chick. Buddy is making himself some money. 4th-5th round grade I would say.

Advertisement
so i watch to see Chick and denzel run their 40's.

NFL Network goes to commercial and misses BOTH of Chick's runs... and then they miss Perryman's 1st run as well.

WTF are the odds of that?

so i watch to see Chick and denzel run their 40's.

NFL Network goes to commercial and misses BOTH of Chick's runs... and then they miss Perryman's 1st run as well.

WTF are the odds of that?

Should be watching it on NFL.com. they are showing everything live. Different than NFL network.

Advertisement
yeah, but i got it dvr'd... don't have all day to watch the rest of these cats run around in their underwear

Advertisement
Perryman's measureables were surprisingly underwhelming IMO.

Very average all around and just under 5'11" to boot.

Joe Garcia @JGJr9 · 23m 23 minutes ago
I’m pretty surprised Chick out up a 4.77. Doesn’t show in pads. He’s always ran like he’s had a 50 lb weight on his back while he was here.

This guy doesn't realize he did have 20 LBs of bad weight on his back?. It was put there by his coaches.

Chick dropped 22 pounds from the season iirc. Does anyone have the exact number?

I thought this analysis was pretty spot on. He did measure pretty well though.

Analysis

Strengths Moves around the defensive line and plays with consistency. Generates leverage at the point of attack. Good strength for his size. Held his own in one-on-one scraps against right tackle T.J. Clemmings from Pitt. Has strong hands and gets arm extension into target at snap. Has plus read and feel against the run. Plays square to the line and is able to maintain balance and hold his ground against power.

Weaknesses Production as a pass rusher stalled during his time at Miami. Failed to live up to five-star billing coming in. Tweener. Lacks explosive qualities. Plodding and slow-twitch as a pass rusher, failing to consistently stress the edge of a blocker either from defensive-tackle or defensive-end spot. Needs more bulk and thickness to his lower body. Gets overwhelmed by double teams. More of a stalemate player than snap winner.

Sources Tell Us "He doesn't have a position as far as I can tell. I don't think he projects inside or outside. He's just caught between positions and there isn't anything that he does really well." -- NFC director of scouting

Bottom Line Technically sound player who lacks the desired burst and pass-rush skills to be a full-time defensive end and needs more bulk to play inside. Chickillo could use more length, but with his arm extension and strength at the point of attack, he could find his way as a backup strong-side defensive end in a 4-3.

-Lance Zierlein

Joe Garcia @JGJr9 · 23m 23 minutes ago
I’m pretty surprised Chick out up a 4.77. Doesn’t show in pads. He’s always ran like he’s had a 50 lb weight on his back while he was here.

This guy doesn't realize he did have 20 LBs of bad weight on his back?. It was put there by his coaches.

Chick dropped 22 pounds from the season iirc. Does anyone have the exact number?

He weighed 267 in Indy. My guess is that his playing weight this year was around 277

Advertisement
Back