Pro Style Bro...

Advertisement
From trend setters to antiques bro

The only trend set was having a next-level defense full of athletes that destroyed the antiquated wishbone and option offenses in the early 80s—something many copied and the rest of the sport caught up to.

Miami was never a trend-setting offense; outside of Erickson bringing a one-back offense from Pullman, Washington to a loaded-with-talent squad in 1989.

go watch the 49ers, chiefs, and saints, and compare to what miamis doing

49ers are maybe the most pro style offense in the NFL. They use pretty much nothing but Bill Walsh concepts from the 80s and throw in more window dressing to "modernize" them. Enos is actually trying to run that style of offense he's just horrible at designing the plays, teaching the plays to be executed and calling the plays in proper sequence. There's nothing inherently wrong with under center or "pro style" offense. There are inherent problems with shotgun spread but if you incorporate pro run and pass concepts and have a great OLine you can overcome that.

🤷‍♂️

I still contend that most this board doesn’t know the difference between a full spread offense, multiple, or spread

THIS

Advertisement
Advertisement
I still contend that most this board doesn’t know the difference between a full spread offense, multiple, or spread
Guilty as charged.
All I know is even if they beat us I don’t want to run anything that looks like FSU/2013 Baylor. I don’t care how many points they score.
Hope Enos finds the key to unlock this offense.

Advertisement
Anybody still arguing against Spread Offenses is a fckin insane.

The absolute best teams in college football ALL run different variations of Spread Offenses, the only true Pro style teams are Wisconsin, UGA & BC, but literally everybody else is Spread in some form or another.

"sPrEaD tEaMs aRe sOfT!" LOL! Try telling that to Oh St, Bama, Clemson, LSU, Penn St & Utah.

Too many of yall are just stuck in the 90's bruh, the Pro style offense doesn't fit our personnel & hasn't for decades.

**** even teams in the NFL run variations of the Spread offense, because the game has evolved, it's not all about lining up in I-Formation & running the ball for 3yds & a cloud of dust, then taking a simple 7-step drop or PA rollout anymore, there's smarter more efficient ways to move the ball down the field & put up points. Even running the ball out of the Spread offense has vastly improved, it's neutralized the idea that you can't run unless you 5 5-star caliber OL's.

The name of the game is PACE & SPACE. It's about forcing Defenses to defend the full field & keeping them off balance.

Any argument made in favor of Miami continuing to run pro-style is immediately countered by simply looking at our Offensive rankings since 2016... We've been by far one of the WORST offenses in college football while running this "eLiTe" Pro-style.

We're a Spread team & the moment this bullsh*t administration realizes this & finally brings in a real OC who understands that we'll actually start winning the games we're supposed to win when we have the significant talent advantage.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Literally every team in the Top 10 except UGA runs a spread offense.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking all spreads are air raid or RPO. What OSU, Florida, penn st, auburn and the likes do is they just have a power run game out of the shot gun. Clemson too. It’s not air road or rpo. They are really pro style concepts and power running concepts just from the gun

Don’t make the mistake of thinking all spreads are air raid or RPO. What OSU, Florida, penn st, auburn and the likes do is they just have a power run game out of the shot gun. Clemson too. It’s not air road or rpo. They are really pro style concepts and power running concepts just from the gun

It's a spread offense. Call it what you want, but it's different than what UGA and Miami are running, for example.

Anybody still arguing against Spread Offenses is a fckin insane.

The absolute best teams in college football ALL run different variations of Spread Offenses, the only true Pro style teams are Wisconsin, UGA & BC, but literally everybody else is Spread in some form or another.

"sPrEaD tEaMs aRe sOfT!" LOL! Try telling that to Oh St, Bama, Clemson, LSU, Penn St & Utah.

Too many of yall are just stuck in the 90's bruh, the Pro style offense doesn't fit our personnel & hasn't for decades.

**** even teams in the NFL run variations of the Spread offense, because the game has evolved, it's not all about lining up in I-Formation & running the ball for 3yds & a cloud of dust, then taking a simple 7-step drop or PA rollout anymore, there's smarter more efficient ways to move the ball down the field & put up points. Even running the ball out of the Spread offense has vastly improved, it's neutralized the idea that you can't run unless you 5 5-star caliber OL's.

The name of the game is PACE & SPACE. It's about forcing Defenses to defend the full field & keeping them off balance.

Any argument made in favor of Miami continuing to run pro-style is immediately countered by simply looking at our Offensive rankings since 2016... We've been by far one of the WORST offenses in college football while running this "eLiTe" Pro-style.

We're a Spread team & the moment this bullsh*t administration realizes this & finally brings in a real OC who understands that we'll actually start winning the games we're supposed to win when we have the significant talent advantage.
This guy gets it.

Advertisement
Back