Pro Day! Future Pro Canes (pics)

What's the point of hand timed 40's this soon after the combine and we know from that what they accurately run? I know it's common practice, but is this a case of people wanting to believe what they want to believe even if there's concrete evidence saying something else?

I mean what's the point of running 40's in shorts and fitted tops in a game that requires players to wear helmets and pads. It's all just fluff to a certain degree.

Advertisement
wow has anyone noticed how much leaner chick is? and looked very quick and explosive in his drills.

Great forty for Duke, if he'd ran that at the combine, he'd had a lot of buzz going. Hopefully it still comes.

What he ran at the combine, that's what he runs.

Not always the case. If im a scout, I am thinking that on Dukes best day he is a high 4.4 guy and low-mid 4.5 guy. He had a good day today. Just like Dorsett, no doubt in my mind that he could run a high 4.2 on his best day. We saw proof of that during the season, sometimes Duke looked really fast and other times he looked a little sluggish.
Not hating but if you're a scout you're going by the Combine and not by the home-cookin' that goes on at every ProDay. That said, they know how fast PD is regardless.

Chris Kouffman
‏@ckparrot
Just remember that no NFL team uses what you know as "official" Combine forty times, which in Dorsett's case was a 4.33

Chris Kouffman
‏@ckparrot
Dorsett ran a 4.28 hand timed at Combine according to data Rob Rang picks up from scouts who do the timing. Pro day right in line w/ that.

Advertisement
adidas_is_all_in_1.jpg

go canes stay positive

wow has anyone noticed how much leaner chick is? and looked very quick and explosive in his drills.

Down 25lbs according to Twitter. Kid sacrificed a lot here, should have never been in that situation.

Chick and Coach Golden thought having Chick bulk up was for the greater good of the team and Chick's long term viability as a football player. Chick made himself a more valuable football player because he can now play multiple positions as opposed to being pigeonholed in one spot.

Down 25lbs according to Twitter. Kid sacrificed a lot here, should have never been in that situation.

Chick and Coach Golden thought having Chick bulk up was for the greater good of the team and Chick's long term viability as a football player. Chick made himself a more valuable football player because he can now play multiple positions as opposed to being pigeonholed in one spot.

What are the multiple positions now that he dropped 25 lbs? He can't play 3-4 end at his current weight. He'll be drafted as 4-3 DE. Chick bulked up for the greater good. I'm sure they did sell him on the added weight helping his career. Once he got with people who's only mission was to get him drafted as high as possible he changed his body type completely and is now probably in the mid 260s if not less.

Advertisement

What are the multiple positions now that he dropped 25 lbs? He can't play 3-4 end at his current weight. He'll be drafted as 4-3 DE. Chick bulked up for the greater good. I'm sure they did sell him on the added weight helping his career. Once he got with people who's only mission was to get him drafted as high as possible he changed his body type completely and is now probably in the mid 260s if not less.

the funny thing is that he was a good fit for a 3-4. just not at end. those recruiting experts were projecting him to be a jack linebacker in a 34 and that's exactly what he looks like now or a rush end in a 43

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley · 22m 22 minutes ago
Dorsett was clocked at 4.25 and 4.27 by scouts in the 40.

GIVE THAT MAN HIS MONEY!!!!!

He wants that 3rd WR spot BAD. (Behind White and Cooper) Its **** sure up for grabs after that time.

I wonder those NFL coaches who actually wasted time out of their day to speak with him asked him, "So be straight with me Al, WTF really happened down here? 6-7? With all this talent? Is there something I need to know?"

No it's not. I love Dorsett but Parker is clearly better. However with that said he is Defenitely arguable number 4 no doubt about it and I would give him the nod over strong. That may be the bias in me though

Chick looks less then 260 from that pic I saw from behind. Talk about being on a strict diet the last 90 days! Might have just made himself a little more money.

Great pics by the way to the OP.

Advertisement

the funny thing is that he was a good fit for a 3-4. just not at end. those recruiting experts were projecting him to be a jack linebacker in a 34 and that's exactly what he looks like now or a rush end in a 43

Haven't seen any projections as a 3-4 LB.

Link?

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley · 22m 22 minutes ago
Dorsett was clocked at 4.25 and 4.27 by scouts in the 40.

GIVE THAT MAN HIS MONEY!!!!!

He wants that 3rd WR spot BAD. (Behind White and Cooper) Its **** sure up for grabs after that time.

I wonder those NFL coaches who actually wasted time out of their day to speak with him asked him, "So be straight with me Al, WTF really happened down here? 6-7? With all this talent? Is there something I need to know?"

No it's not. I love Dorsett but Parker is clearly better. However with that said he is Defenitely arguable number 4 no doubt about it and I would give him the nod over strong. That may be the bias in me though

Perrymen at UCF might be above Dorsett too.

Haven't seen any projections as a 3-4 LB.

Link?

i'm not looking back that far. this was when he was in highschool. i believe it was rivals.com

Advertisement
Chris Kouffman
‏@ckparrot
Just remember that no NFL team uses what you know as "official" Combine forty times, which in Dorsett's case was a 4.33

Chris Kouffman
‏@ckparrot
Dorsett ran a 4.28 hand timed at Combine according to data Rob Rang picks up from scouts who do the timing. Pro day right in line w/ that.

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Why not use the number that is most standardized across all players? Instead, let's add more variables to our decisions. Woo!

What's the point of hand timed 40's this soon after the combine and we know from that what they accurately run? I know it's common practice, but is this a case of people wanting to believe what they want to believe even if there's concrete evidence saying something else?

Shoot, we know PD is fast, fast enough to run by other fast people on the field. Fast enough to put up good times on the track. He's a 4.3 guy though, no shame in that....they're rare, just not as rare as 4.2's who are EXTREMELY rare. Since electronic timing began, we've only had two or three 4.2's electronic and we've had a lot of fast *** guys.

It does give scouts a benchmark to compare to for players that weren't at the combine.

what's lost in everything is that at the combine he had the same 10 yard time as Beasley. Off the top of my head 1.78 which means he has an elite first step burst.
You guys act like he's going to stay at 265-270, when EVERYONE gains weight when they go to the NFL, either from simple aging or from massive workouts.
Chick is going to be a steal in this draft no matter where he's drafted.

Advertisement
Back