Pro Day! Future Pro Canes (pics)

Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley · 22m 22 minutes ago
Dorsett was clocked at 4.25 and 4.27 by scouts in the 40.

GIVE THAT MAN HIS MONEY!!!!!

He wants that 3rd WR spot BAD. (Behind White and Cooper) Its **** sure up for grabs after that time.

I wonder those NFL coaches who actually wasted time out of their day to speak with him asked him, "So be straight with me Al, WTF really happened down here? 6-7? With all this talent? Is there something I need to know?"

No it's not. I love Dorsett but Parker is clearly better. However with that said he is Defenitely arguable number 4 no doubt about it and I would give him the nod over strong. That may be the bias in me though

Don't let Kiper and McShay fool you. Everyone is looking for the next little guy who can stretch a defense to no end. (Desean Jackson/Antonio Brown) Don't think these scouts don't have one eye ****ed to PD. Its just smoke screen. They know PD would have put up monster #s had he been in an offense like USC or FSU. And then none of this would even be a debate really. Our offense hand-cuffed him.

Advertisement
Great forty for Duke, if he'd ran that at the combine, he'd had a lot of buzz going. Hopefully it still comes.

What he ran at the combine, that's what he runs.

Not always the case. If im a scout, I am thinking that on Dukes best day he is a high 4.4 guy and low-mid 4.5 guy. He had a good day today. Just like Dorsett, no doubt in my mind that he could run a high 4.2 on his best day. We saw proof of that during the season, sometimes Duke looked really fast and other times he looked a little sluggish.
Not hating but if you're a scout you're going by the Combine and not by the home-cookin' that goes on at every ProDay. That said, they know how fast PD is regardless.

Just wondering why HC and scouts bother with pro days then? Remember the ego on these guys. They will "know" what they see with there eyes. If a scout times a 4.25 that is what he will believe not what someone or thing else timed. And as we know HC's are NEVER wrong. Duke and PD helped themselves today. Those NFL types know this was PD's only year with possible NFL QB and his number of long plays were out of sight. And Duke might be safest RB pick in draft. Great kid with multiple skills who is willing to block for his QB(remember him putting Fowler on his head). Not 1st back taken but whoever takes him will not regret it and they already know that. All that said, Flowers is 1st taken. Kid is a complete beast.

What's the point of hand timed 40's this soon after the combine and we know from that what they accurately run? I know it's common practice, but is this a case of people wanting to believe what they want to believe even if there's concrete evidence saying something else?

Shoot, we know PD is fast, fast enough to run by other fast people on the field. Fast enough to put up good times on the track. He's a 4.3 guy though, no shame in that....they're rare, just not as rare as 4.2's who are EXTREMELY rare. Since electronic timing began, we've only had two or three 4.2's electronic and we've had a lot of fast *** guys.

The official times we see on TV mean squat to the NFL teams. That is just for us, turning the combine into a spectator event.
NFL teams have their own personnel taking hand times for each and every 40. That is what they go by, not the "official" time.
Just one factor (of many) that leads to teams valuing players differently.

Why do you guys think Duke or PD helped themselves today?

They ran what was expected.

An electronic 4.33 at the NFL combine = a handheld 4.25 at a pro day.

A mid-4.5 at the combine is gonna = a mid-4.4 at a pro day.

That's always been the case. There's no surprises here. Guys are always faster at their pro day. Nobody in the NFL is saying "Aw man, duke is a 4.4 guy after all!" Nah. He's a 4.5 guy...like he was at the combine...after months of training.

Advertisement
Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley · 22m 22 minutes ago
Dorsett was clocked at 4.25 and 4.27 by scouts in the 40.

GIVE THAT MAN HIS MONEY!!!!!

He wants that 3rd WR spot BAD. (Behind White and Cooper) Its **** sure up for grabs after that time.

I wonder those NFL coaches who actually wasted time out of their day to speak with him asked him, "So be straight with me Al, WTF really happened down here? 6-7? With all this talent? Is there something I need to know?"

No its not up for grabs. Devante Parker and DGB are definitely the next two wrs. I'd be surprised if Parker made it to pick 15. Dorsett is at the top of the next tier of wrs. He's fighting to get into the first round, those other 4 are guaranteed 1st round picks.

Laser timing systems are only a couple of grand. Why doesn't Miami own one? It would be useful for both track and field and football.

Advertisement
My observations for what they are worth;

1. Nice pics by the OP
2. Al was wearing his " do these sweats make me look fat " clothing. 90 degrees and he is layered.
3. Weight room looks quite decent to me yet it supposedly sucks
4. Glad to see Ryan Williams throwing. Maybe he can snatch an invite as an NFL training camp arm. Screwed by AL.
5. The Adidas footwear is strange
6. NFL teams seemed to be well repped. Lots of bodies/scouts.
7. Was Belichick (sp?) there? He usually is.
8. Al looked like he was schmoozing for an interview. Maybe he was apologizing for ******** up these athletes.

8. Al looked like he was schmoozing for an interview. Maybe he was apologizing for ******** up these athletes.

for sure, he's done here and he knows it, except if he does some extraordinary magic that to date he's been unable to produce with 10-15 guys going to the nfl.

Advertisement
Threads like this further fuel my hatred for ALfraud.

With that said, good to see the boys showing what they've got. Unfortunately with Glutten, all we have to show with that talent is a 6-7 record.

Advertisement

1. Nice pics by the OP
2. Al was wearing his " do these sweats make me look fat " clothing. 90 degrees and he is layered.
3. Weight room looks quite decent to me yet it supposedly sucks
4. Glad to see Ryan Williams throwing. Maybe he can snatch an invite as an NFL training camp arm. Screwed by AL.
5. The Adidas footwear is strange
6. NFL teams seemed to be well repped. Lots of bodies/scouts.
7. Was Belichick (sp?) there? He usually is.
Al aint tear his ACL.

Want to see how a person really is. Watch them where they feel comfortable.

wow has anyone noticed how much leaner chick is? and looked very quick and explosive in his drills.

Down 25lbs according to Twitter. Kid sacrificed a lot here, should have never been in that situation.

Chick and Coach Golden thought having Chick bulk up was for the greater good of the team and Chick's long term viability as a football player. Chick made himself a more valuable football player because he can now play multiple positions as opposed to being pigeonholed in one spot.

Chick was largely ineffective here and this was due largely to this inept coaching staff

Advertisement
Back