Pro Canes Showing Out

Advertisement
Advertisement
When will these coksukers learn. Guess those that picked our guys up eventually got a steal.

Just like Henderson. 7th round. Just crap

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
From Bruce Feldmann on Ed Reed:

I’m writing a feature of Ed for ESPN Magazine after his second season in the NFL. Our photo editor asks me to describe Reed’s personality in a few words. So I say he’s a really old soul. The editor gets the idea of doing the photo shoot at a Miami Beach rest home. Ed is open to the idea. Let’s just do it after my morning workout. I go to watch his AM workout at UM. It’s one of those steaming hot Miami summer days with like 700% humidity. The session felt like it went on for three hours....

Ed finishes by catching dozens of balls whizzing out of a pitching machine. He’s doing it facing his left. Facing his right. Two-handed. One-handed. Left-handed. Right-handed. From 10 yards out. Then walking right up in front of the machine. Finally We get to the rest home around lunch time. Not shockingly none of the seniors know who Ed is. He’s just taking it all in as we sat with a half-dozen folks poolside. Then, he starts schmoozing with them. Next thing I know, he’s getting dating tips and being taught Yiddish.

An 89-year-old woman who says she's never seen a football game, but now may start bc "Mr. Reeves is such a mensch." By 5 o'clock of this marathon day, Ed’s feeding them cookies and they're giving him neck massages. Before they go back inside, he helps them out of their chairs, finds their walkers and takes a picture with each one. He autographs the photo, prints his name below his signature just in case they forget who he is. Then he thanks each for allowing him to spend time with them.

Congrats Papa Smurf. You are one of a kind.

Advertisement
Back