Pro Canes 2022

Advertisement
I hate to do this, but I wonder if this is more of a byproduct of Miami than it is a certain staff or a certain kid.

I know there are kids at every school who are essentially professionals, and there are also kids who are immature and party too much, don't do things "the right way", etc.

But I just wonder if the latter is more prevalent at a school like Miami because there are just so many more things you can get into. Again, not saying the culture didn't suck, not saying this isn't fully on Brevin, or anything like that. You get an athletic scholarship to play big-boy football and you have NFL aspirations, you need to behave a certain way. It's on you to do what you need to do in your free time to give yourself the best chance for success. But, for anyone who has spent time in South Florida as a young person, there are a LOT of ways to stumble in the door at 3 or 4 am. It's really, really easy. I just wonder if sometimes these small towns with a lot more eyes and a lot less things to do have somewhat of a built in advantage in the sense that it's a little easier to stay in line.
Cut that out... Kids are fully aware when they sign up what Miami is. You're giving the kids who do that and the trash staff(s) that have been in place a cop out when they don't deserve one. That's 100% on them. Kids who come here and take it serious know there is a time and a place for all that. It ain't in season on game nights,when you got practice early in the am,when u got mid terms,finals etc. That's when all this has been happening and it's been allowed constantly with zero repercussions beyond scolding someone over and over and over again... Don't give them excuses by ever questioning is that a bi product of the school. Ask anyone that was here under any of our coaches between Howard & butch if that would've ever flown here under them. Obviously there's been cases where it's happened but not where it's not dealt with & where it's been rampant.

Cut that out... Kids are fully aware when they sign up what Miami is. You're giving the kids who do that and the trash staff(s) that have been in place a cop out when they don't deserve one. That's 100% on them. Kids who come here and take it serious know there is a time and a place for all that. It ain't in season on game nights,when you got practice early in the am,when u got mid terms,finals etc. That's when all this has been happening and it's been allowed constantly with zero repercussions beyond scolding someone over and over and over again... Don't give them excuses by ever questioning is that a bi product of the school. Ask anyone that was here under any of our coaches between Howard & butch if that would've ever flown here under them. Obviously there's been cases where it's happened but not where it's not dealt with & where it's been rampant.

Not arguing with you cause at the end of the day you're right, it's on the kid to be a professional. But have you thought at all that it's a different day and age than it was when you were here? With the amount of **** to do, social media, Uber, Tinder, Miami being even more of a "destination" than it was 20-30 years ago, more clubs/bars, more nightlifte. Again, not giving them excuses, you are correct. I'm just saying do you think it's even harder to be a professional today than it was 30 years ago with even more distraction? I also think kids in general are more inclined to do **** like this just because of the generation, but maybe I'm being a boomer with that statement, idk.

Not arguing with you cause at the end of the day you're right, it's on the kid to be a professional. But have you thought at all that it's a different day and age than it was when you were here? With the amount of **** to do, social media, Uber, Tinder, Miami being even more of a "destination" than it was 20-30 years ago, more clubs/bars, more nightlifte. Again, not giving them excuses, you are correct. I'm just saying do you think it's even harder to be a professional today than it was 30 years ago with even more distraction? I also think kids in general are more inclined to do **** like this just because of the generation, but maybe I'm being a boomer with that statement, idk.
I'll agree the generation is part of the problem. But all the rest not so much. Being a professional or being committed to your own dreams is a mindset. If your dream and changing your life matter that little than you should've simply worked a 9-5. Cause the people that succeed at this are committed to the cause. All the **** I give to the prior staphs this ultimately is on the kids. The fact we have lacked leadership for so long certainly didn't help.

Advertisement
nah hes a cane. he has his degree from miami. he spent his time here. hes a legacy.

Again, he entered the draft as CSU, not Miami. U guys have a hard time differentiating degree vs. school repped.

Is KJ a Cane or a Bull?
Is Roche a Cane or an Owl?
Is O’Donnell a Cane or Bearcat?

Like do ya’ll be on, fr? I don’t care if he’s a legacy w/ a degree from Miami; he entered the draft after 2 yrs at CSU as a Ram.

Again, he entered the draft as CSU, not Miami. U guys have a hard time differentiating degree vs. school repped.

Is KJ a Cane or a Bull?

Like do ya’ll be on, fr? I don’t care if he’s a legacy w/ a degree from Miami; he entered the draft after 2 yrs at CSU as a Ram.

LOL. hes got a degree from MIAMI. it makes him a cane lol. it matters a whole lot that hes got a degree from UM. its actually something that makes him a cane more than others. **** hes an actual cane compared tot hose who didnt attend

Advertisement

Is KJ a Cane or a Bull?

Cane when they ball and whatever when they don’t basically lol

LOL. hes got a degree from MIAMI. it makes him a cane lol. it matters a whole lot that hes got a degree from UM. its actually something that makes him a cane more than others. **** hes an actual cane compared tot hose who didnt attend

So are u going to answer my questions about the others or skate by?

So are u going to answer my questions about the others or skate by?
I wouldn't hate on a bearcat fan from claiming odonnell. same for buffalo. I actually associate KJ w buffalo and not miami. Rambo with OU. Roche w temple

you get your degree from miami. youre a cane and more of a cane than any regular person that has zero connection to the school. it aint on a non alum or non employee or legacy to tell you you aren't one

Advertisement
I wouldn't hate on a bearcat fan from claiming odonnell. same for buffalo. I actually associate KJ w buffalo and not miami. Rambo with OU. Roche w temple

you get your degree from miami. youre a cane and more of a cane than any regular person that has zero connection to the school. it aint on a non alum or non employee or legacy to tell you you aren't one

Well boss; there u have it. U associate Rambo w/ OU & O’Donnell w Cincy. Btw, I don’t believe u vs. u trying to prove a point. However, spare me the alum vs. non alum bull chit. There r plenty of non alums who r more Canes than those w/ a piece of paper by their name. FOH.

We’ll agree to disagree on this subject matter b/c it’s going down a road I’m sure neither of us want & I’ll leave at that between us.

Well boss; there u have it. U associate Rambo w/ OU & O’Donnell w Cincy. Btw, I don’t believe u vs. u trying to prove a point. However, spare me the alum vs. non alum bull chit. There r plenty of non alums who r more Canes than those w/ a piece of paper by their name. FOH.

We’ll agree to disagree on this subject matter b/c it’s going down a road I’m sure neither of us want & I’ll leave at that between us.
to be perfectly honest, they're both. they Both a bearcat and a cane. they served time at both schools. got degrees from both. played football for both. like Larry Cager, is he a cane or UGA. hes got degrees from both and spent more time as a cane but I actually think he prefers to be UGA vs Miami. either way, hes still part of UM. either way, we wont agree on this so like you said agree to disagree.

btw w the alum vs non alum stuff, the viewpoint comes in bc for the most part I am absolutely embarrassed by our fans whenever I go to away games. its like none of them were raised by adults but by wolves and never learned to be civil. too many people that should be on only in dade every day. ****, the most embarrassing thing the school ever did was invite ******* LaZ to the special unveiling of the trash Adidas first year jerseys at LIV. like what? the alums (some dont even are bc there are dudes I was in school w who never support UM since they graduated). ok end rant lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back