Pro Canes 2022

i get that. i also thought it was interesting that a couple months ago, right after the lions season ended, that aiden hutchinson mentioned montgomery as the one RB he had the most trouble tackling because of his low center of gravity. and that doesnt even include his elite pass blocking and above average pass catching.
May have been hard to tackle but it was only 3 yards down field. Montgomery should be getting vet minimum.

Advertisement
Williams hD 17 TDs last year and was the perfect goaline back. I hope you weren't being serious.
Bro, he had like 10 1yard TD runs lol. Let’s not act like he is better than Montgomery because he isn’t. Montgomery in Jamaals place last yr averages more ypc and gets same amount of Tds

You really don’t know what you’re watching if you think Williams is better lol

Bro, he had like 10 1yard TD runs lol. Let’s not act like he is better than Montgomery because he isn’t. Montgomery in Jamaals place last yr averages more ypc and gets same amount of Tds

You really don’t know what you’re watching if you think Williams is better lol
Montgomery is dog****. Herbert was the best RB in Chicago last 2 seasons and it wasn't close. David is a career JAG they could have gotten an undrafted FA to be a better addition. If you think he adds any value you are clueless.
Screenshot_20230315_184851_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
Montgomery is dog****. Herbert was the best RB in Chicago last 2 seasons and it wasn't close. David is a career JAG they could have gotten an undrafted FA to be a better addition. If you think he adds any value you are clueless. View attachment 232984
Now compare Montgomery stats to Jamaal Williams lol. Montgomery has been better than Jamaal Williams. Montgomery has also had an absolute dog shot Oline with the Bears while Jamaal Williams that past 2 season has had a great OLine even after accounting for injuries.

Now compare Montgomery stats to Jamaal Williams lol. Montgomery has been better than Jamaal Williams. Montgomery has also had an absolute dog shot Oline with the Bears while Jamaal Williams that past 2 season has had a great OLine even after accounting for injuries.
Behind the same dog**** Oline almost 2 yards more per carry. That excuse is trash. Herbert seemed to find a hole.
Screenshot_20230315_201313_Samsung Internet.jpg

Behind the same dog**** Oline almost 2 yards more per carry. That excuse is trash. Herbert seemed to find a hole.View attachment 232988
I can't tell if you understand that the Lions weren't picking between Khalil Herbert or David Montgomery, they were picking between David Montgomery and Jamaal Williams. Idk why this is difficult.

Over the last 4 years Montgomery averages 1.98 ypc Before Contact, and 1.96 ypc After contact while Jamaal averages 2.34 ypc Before Contact, and 1.72 ypc After contact. What should that tell you? That Montgomery does more with worse. He isn't a home run hitter. He's a guy that gets like 10-15 yards max at a time, but so is Jamaal. Montgomery breaks a tackle on 10% of his runs, while Jamaal does on only 5%. Though I'm sure there are better stats than what PFR has, that will make this even more in favor of Montgomery

Also Montgomery is far better in the pass game with 1,240 yards on 155 catches (8 ypc) over the past 4 years while Jamaal has 929 on 135 catches (6.88 ypc) (and a 18% drop rate last season btw).

As far as the TD discrepency, Jamaal Williams had 22 Goaline Touches Montgomerys 3.

Advertisement
I can't tell if you understand that the Lions weren't picking between Khalil Herbert or David Montgomery, they were picking between David Montgomery and Jamaal Williams. Idk why this is difficult.

Over the last 4 years Montgomery averages 1.98 ypc Before Contact, and 1.96 ypc After contact while Jamaal averages 2.34 ypc Before Contact, and 1.72 ypc After contact. What should that tell you? That Montgomery does more with worse. He isn't a home run hitter. He's a guy that gets like 10-15 yards max at a time, but so is Jamaal. Montgomery breaks a tackle on 10% of his runs, while Jamaal does on only 5%. Though I'm sure there are better stats than what PFR has, that will make this even more in favor of Montgomery

Also Montgomery is far better in the pass game with 1,240 yards on 155 catches (8 ypc) over the past 4 years while Jamaal has 929 on 135 catches (6.88 ypc) (and a 18% drop rate last season btw).

As far as the TD discrepency, Jamaal Williams had 22 Goaline Touches Montgomerys 3.

Siiiigh;

U do realize that Jamaal Williams only started 9 games last season & out produced Montgomery by a country mile, don’t u? U also realize that J Williams has started a total of 40 of 90 possible games he’s played in, while Montgomery has started 51 out of possible 60 games he played in, don’t u?

As a Bears’ fan, I can unequivocally tell u that Montgomery is a serviceable back, but he’s far from an $11m guaranteed back. I don’t think Detroit upgraded w/ Montgomery. In actuality, I would argue despite less opportunities [Williams (915 carries - 6 yrs) v. Montgomery (915 carries - 4 yrs)] Williams has been more $.

What Montgomery provides that Williams doesn’t is a pass option, but that’s what D. Swift is for (pause) & D Swift (pause) is a much more dynamic playmaker than either of them, but his health is a concern.

Siiiigh;

U do realize that Jamaal Williams only started 9 games last season & out produced Montgomery by a country mile, don’t u? U also realize that J Williams has started a total of 40 of 90 possible games he’s played in, while Montgomery has started 51 out of possible 60 games he played in, don’t u?

As a Bears’ fan, I can unequivocally tell u that Montgomery is a serviceable back, but he’s far from an $11m guaranteed back. I don’t think Detroit upgraded w/ Montgomery. In actuality, I would argue despite less opportunities [Williams (915 carries - 6 yrs) v. Montgomery (915 carries - 4 yrs)] Williams has been more $.

What Montgomery provides that Williams doesn’t is a pass option, but that’s what D. Swift is for (pause) & D Swift (pause) is a much more dynamic playmaker than either of them, but his health is a concern.
Why would RB starts be a stat that matters whatsoever? They have the exact same amount of total carries as eachother in their career. Montgomery did it on a team with a much worse OLine.
The important thing to look at are per carry/catch stats like I listed for the last 4 years (the time they've both been playing - what Jamaal did his first 2 years is unimportant). Not total volume stats. I noted the Touches in the Redzone which is literally WHY Jamaal had so many Rushing TDs. Again if you take the total Touchdowns Jamaal Williams had out of the equation - which he was Literally Force Fed btw - then he does NOT beat Montgomery, especially when you look at the advanced metrics. Montgomery just makes more people miss and does more with worse blocking.

Idk why you think $11M guaranteed is a lot either. You're saying he's far from a $5.5M/yr RB? Jamaal btw is getting $4M/yr. Jamaal made $3.75M from the Lions last year. So after that record breaking season he had, he only got a $250k raise. That should tell you alot. Now I'm not really going to argue if Montgomery should have gotten just above $4M/yr instead of $5.5M/yr, the reality is that's barely a difference, and he simply IS better than Jamaal. And he is younger.

I'll put it like this, WHEN (not if) Swift gets hurt and misses a few games, the Lions will be much better off with Montgomery than Jamaal.

Why would RB starts be a stat that matters whatsoever? They have the exact same amount of total carries as eachother in their career. Montgomery did it on a team with a much worse OLine.
The important thing to look at are per carry/catch stats like I listed for the last 4 years (the time they've both been playing - what Jamaal did his first 2 years is unimportant). Not total volume stats. I noted the Touches in the Redzone which is literally WHY Jamaal had so many Rushing TDs. Again if you take the total Touchdowns Jamaal Williams had out of the equation - which he was Literally Force Fed btw - then he does NOT beat Montgomery, especially when you look at the advanced metrics. Montgomery just makes more people miss and does more with worse blocking.

Idk why you think $11M guaranteed is a lot either. You're saying he's far from a $5.5M/yr RB? Jamaal btw is getting $4M/yr. Jamaal made $3.75M from the Lions last year. So after that record breaking season he had, he only got a $250k raise. That should tell you alot. Now I'm not really going to argue if Montgomery should have gotten just above $4M/yr instead of $5.5M/yr, the reality is that's barely a difference, and he simply IS better than Jamaal. And he is younger.

I'll put it like this, WHEN (not if) Swift gets hurt and misses a few games, the Lions will be much better off with Montgomery than Jamaal.

Aren’t u a Raiders fan? How many Bears games have u watched? How many Lions games have u watched? Real ?’s.

Aren’t u a Raiders fan? How many Bears games have u watched? How many Lions games have u watched? Real ?’s.
Yes, but the McDaniels hiring ****ed me off. I've watched every Lions game the last 2 years which means I've watched at least 4 Bears games. And I had David Montgomery on my fantasy team.

Advertisement

I'm not sure why you feel they had to chose between the 2? Was Montgomery the only running back in the world available? I'm not advocating for Williams returning although it would have been cheaper for better results. I'm clearly stating that Montgomery is trash and the Bears organization felt the same way. Hence allowing him to walk so he didn't steal more of Herbert's touches.

Duce Staley would have been a better option than wasting 6 mil/year on a RB that is not even washed because he was never good. If you can't identify a terrible player especially at one of the easiest positions to fill then GG's. If you think they are throwing to Montgomery over Swift you smoking something that's laced.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back