Previewing this Weekend's Visitors (1/18)

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
This is one of the bigger visit weekends in Miami history, as 10 recruits (6 commits, 4 uncommitted targets) are expected on campus. This list is subject to change as there may be a surprise visitor, or somebody might not show up.

Commits

ATH Ray Lewis III - Some Miami fans were hoping that Lewis' dad would be able to come down this weekend with his son because it would be a nice recruiting ploy, but the Ravens play the Patriots in the AFC championship on Sunday.

S Jamal Carter - After flirting with LSU and Clemson for a little while, Carter's commitment is as strong as ever. He's been on Miami's campus multiple times.

OL Alex Gall - The Cincinnati offensive lineman is making his first trip to Miami since back in the summer. Gall will be one of Miami's biggest advocates over the weekend.

DB Artie Burns - The Miami Northwestern standout has also been on campus a good amount, so this experience won't be something completely new for him.

TE Standish Dobard - Dobard is very active talking to other recruits in this class and he will undoubtedly be doing a lot of that his weekend.

QB Kevin Olsen - One of the prized possessions of Miami's class, Olsen is coming to Miami for the first time since a camp back in June.

Uncommitted Targets

RB Alex Collins - Arguably Miami's biggest recruit in terms of next year's team, this weekend could lock Collins up for Miami. The 'Canes have been trending upward with him over the last few weeks and it is critical that he will be on campus this weekend. He will still visit Arkansas next weekend.

OL Denver Kirkland - The mammoth offensive lineman out of Booker T. Washington has Miami up top with Florida State. He went to Tallahassee back in November so Miami gets the last crack this weekend. The staff feels confident about the chances of landing him.

DT Keith Bryant - One of the more polarizing recruits in recent memory, Bryant has been flopping back-and-forth for weeks about when to take this visit. Initially he was not even planning on taking it, then decided to to it on February 1st, only to switch it to this weekend recently. Bryant went to FSU last weekend so it is huge that Miami got him on campus the following week. Miami will need to make a push over the next couple weeks in order to land him.

DT Jaynard Bostwick - Bostwick is the most likely out of this group to choose Miami and this could be the weekend that absolutely seals him up.

Advertisement
Good stuff. Has Olsen taken an active role in trying to recruit any of the remaining targets?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bostwick has a strong pull towards Bama..While most of us think he is a prime cane lock, it still concerns me a little bit, his visit to Bama last weekend.

RB Alex Collins - Arguably Miami's biggest recruit in terms of next year's team, this weekend could lock Collins up for Miami. The 'Canes have been trending upward with him over the last few weeks and it is critical that he will be on campus this weekend. He will still visit Arkansas next weekend.

Alex, you can go with this

or this.

It's finally here!

137.gif

Advertisement

or this.

You shouldn't be concerned with Arkansas. You should be concerned with fsu.

or this.

You shouldn't be concerned with Arkansas. You should be concerned with fsu.

disagree, he already went to FSU and clearly didnt find what he was looking for(especially after Gran left). He likes how RBs are featured in BIelema's system and will visit Ark next. The kid retweets Ark fans everyday, they seem to be showing him lots of love

Maybe I am being naive but I don't see FSU as a serious threat for Collins anymore. I dunno, might be way off.

Bielema kills running backs.

Expect 230 carries plus a year if you go there essentially ending your NFL career before it starts.

Advertisement
^^^not necessarily true, they have churned out some pretty **** good backs in the past, and that is probably the draw for him....

Why did we not recruit Lamar Robbins? he has some pretty good offers...

Maybe I am being naive but I don't see FSU as a serious threat for Collins anymore. I dunno, might be way off.

I think Arkansas is a red herring. I think there's flirtation but I am more worried about FSU and to a lesser extent, UF, than I am of Ark. JMO

Advertisement
^^^not necessarily true, they have churned out some pretty **** good backs in the past, and that is probably the draw for him....

Why did we not recruit Lamar Robbins? he has some pretty good offers...

Who from Wisconsin has done anything in the NFL?

Ron Dayne? Brian Calhoun? John Clay?

Montee Ball...would be surprised if he was anything more than serviceable.

James White has the best chance because he has a lot of tread left on the tires.

I know Ray Lewis is busy this weekend, but I wonder if Greg Olsen will make it down for his little brothers OV. That would be a nice little bonus for recruiting...

Advertisement
Back