2024 Prentiss "Air" Noland 4* QB from GA (Langston Hughes - Commits to Buckeyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Air has pretty much been an OSU lean for a very long time. It’s the only offer he wanted. Even if he did commit to us pre-OSU offer, he would have been on high alert flip watch the whole time until they did offer.

This fu***** sucks. Is it that hard for us to have a game changing qb these days!? We can never have nice things.

Advertisement
A 2 star won because he was surrounded by a ridiculous amount of talent. Levels of talent that in my lifetime only three programs have reached. UGA, Bama and us in the early 2000s. The game is different now and getting back to that level is hard af. The great equalizer is an elite QB. The trenches are super important don’t get me wrong but this is a QB centric sport.
You’re 100% right but apparently we can’t get the QB or WRs at this moment but we can get the trenches so what else do we do right now???

You’re 100% right but apparently we can’t get the QB or WRs at this moment but we can get the trenches so what else do we do right now???
You keep landing the best talent you can, which we know Mario will. My point is to just kill the noise on nonsensical narratives on how we can just find anyone at QB and we will be fine.

Advertisement
**If** Noland picks OSU it's starting to look very bleak. Mario is lucky the portal is what it is giving him something of a 2nd chance because he's about to duplicate exactly what he did at Oregon recruiting QB - except there he landed highly touted guys they just sucked.

When TVD moves on we might be in serious trouble. QB coaches and handlers are already pushing their guys elsewhere. Getting a portal QB isn't as sure thing as it might look like. They see the reputation and are probably going to avoid us.

I'll go as far as to say that TVD having a big season and putting up numbers is far more important than however many games we win. If he sucks and the offense sucks again we won't be landing QBs for a while and Mario's tenure will be all but locked into mediocrity - unless they drop an insane amount of cash on a portal QB NIL deal - which they'll be forced to do or accept Anthony Brown caliber QB play for the next 7-8 years.
And if our offense balls out how much easier will it get for qb/wr recruiting ?

Advertisement
Air has pretty much been an OSU lean for a very long time. It’s the only offer he wanted. Even if he did commit to us pre-OSU offer, he would have been on high alert flip watch the whole time until they did offer.

This fu***** sucks. Is it that hard for us to have a game changing qb these days!? We can never have nice things.
To be fair, we had nice things last year and proceeded to quadruple shart the bed. So convincing a QB of that level to want to come may take some time.

The narrative turns to a resurgence of TVD.

He’s going to have to do it a few times to shake the stigma.
Mario’s best bet is TVD blows up and taking a portal reclamation project next season. If he could follow a strong year from TVD with a Hurts like portal replacement I could see some big time HS recruits eventually coming.

Exactly we can have a first rounder at QB in next years draft, that has to help land more QB talent

Advertisement
You keep landing the best talent you can, which we know Mario will. My point is to just kill the noise on nonsensical narratives on how we can just find anyone at QB and we will be fine.
Well that I agree with. It matters. I just don’t see us resolving it without the season changing perceptions and then some flips.

**If** Noland picks OSU it's starting to look very bleak. Mario is lucky the portal is what it is giving him something of a 2nd chance because he's about to duplicate exactly what he did at Oregon recruiting QB - except there he landed highly touted guys they just sucked.

When TVD moves on we might be in serious trouble. QB coaches and handlers are already pushing their guys elsewhere. Getting a portal QB isn't as sure thing as it might look like. They see the reputation and are probably going to avoid us.

I'll go as far as to say that TVD having a big season and putting up numbers is far more important than however many games we win. If he sucks and the offense sucks again we won't be landing QBs for a while and Mario's tenure will be all but locked into mediocrity - unless they drop an insane amount of cash on a portal QB NIL deal - which they'll be forced to do or accept Anthony Brown caliber QB play for the next 7-8 years.
Is it a reflection on Mario or is OSU the highest bidder?

Idk though...he'd have proven it twice if the offense goes off because the narrative that he's unwilling to adjust his offensive concepts would have to be thrown out the window as well.

1. He won't change bro-style - DONE
2. His QBs can't get busy - DONE

All he'd have to do in my opinion is rack up the Ws....because imo a lot of elite skill position players are just begging for a reason to buy what Mario is selling

Advertisement
Idk though...he'd have proven it twice if the offense goes off because the narrative that he's unwilling to adjust his offensive concepts would have to be thrown out the window as well.

1. He won't change bro-style - DONE
2. His QBs can't get busy - DONE

All he'd have to do in my opinion is rack up the Ws....because imo a lot of elite skill position players are just begging for a reason to buy what Mario is selling

I agree with you. Im just calling out what the narrative here would change to.

I was a guy who thought that he’d never stray from bro style.

The blocking scheme up front is bro style, but the splits, formations, and route combinations are not.

@Stevo365 says the 7on7 buzz is Air is a strong O$U lean. He re-emphasized that Air was not the recruit he was told was on commit watch and he made that clear last week that Air was not a lock. However, Canes have two more sessions/calls with him prior to the decision. SFE and Jeremiah Smith are hurting us badly here (what else is new).

Starting to wonder if we need an SFE recruiting law.

@Stevo365 says the 7on7 buzz is Air is a strong O$U lean. He re-emphasized that Air was not the recruit he was told was on commit watch and he made that clear last week that Air was not a lock. However, Canes have two more sessions/calls with him prior to the decision. SFE and Jeremiah Smith are hurting us badly here (what else is new).

Starting to wonder if we need an SFE recruiting law.
Mario needs to sit those ***** at SFE down and figure something out. Start kneecapping some of these traitorous ********.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back