Predictions for next year

I've never seen crack in real life, but I can tell you that Richt has already been proven to win his division and get 10 wins in the SEC.

I didn't ask if you have seen crack, I asked what does it taste like?

but I can tell you that Richt has already been proven to win his division and get 10 wins in the SEC.

Great, so it should be easier with a team in a poorer conference and crap schedule. He has a Heisman QB and great talent to coach up.

If he gets 9 wins and a a different team wins the Coastal in 2016 it is not an indichtment on Richt.

1. What is "indichtment"?

2. This team won 8 games last year with no coaching and against a harder schedule. If Richt is ONLY able to improve 1 game with a soft schedule and a more talented team, he is not the guy. This isn't a rebuild, this is a talented squad. Richt isn't a newbie coach, he has plenty of experience.

If he wins 9 games this season, he will be the first coach since Coker to not have a drop off in his first year at Miami.

Great point. Almost as irrelevant as your genius Dan Hawkins line. Compare Richt to a bunch of losers' and failures' lack of accomplishments.

You can have your low a/k/a no standards, that is your right. I stick to my original opinion. This team doesn't lack talent. This team has a sub-par schedule. No one is expecting National Championship. But 10 games (before the ACCCG) and a Coastal isn't such a high standard.

So again, what does crack taste like?
First season coaches with a win drop off first year:
Shnellenberger - drop off
Jimmy Johnson - drop off
Butch Davis - drop off
(Also Shannon and Golden)

If you are so curious to ask about what crack tastes like, stop asking message board posters and ask an expert, like your mom.

Advertisement
First season coaches with a win drop off first year:
Shnellenberger - drop off
Jimmy Johnson - drop off
Butch Davis - drop off
(Also Shannon and Golden)

If you are so curious to ask about what crack tastes like, stop asking message board posters and ask an expert, like your mom.

More irrelevant bullchit and you addressed almost none of my points. So you expect Richt to get 7 wins? Is that what you're saying? So if he wins 9 games, that is an accomplishment because a team with no coaching won 8? What the *** is the point of this tangent?

Side note: What is "indichtment"? I must know.

Ok, if we win 8 games this year, why did we fire Golden? We didn't fire Golden to win 8 **** games. We went 5-1 in the Coastal last year, and I expect us to go 6-0 this year. I expect us to beat FSU this year. Why the CRAP should we go 8-4? Everyone chalking the UNC game up as a loss needs to remember we mauled them in 2014. One year can make a huge difference, as they can attest to last year. We can beat them. We can beat FSU. We can beat Notre Dame.

10 wins.

Advertisement
FYI....Mark Richt took a UGA team to a 8-4 record his first year in a tougher conference. Why should we think he can't do better here??

FYI....Mark Richt took a UGA team to a 8-4 record his first year in a tougher conference. Why should we think he can't do better here??
And he's said a dozen times how much easier it has been to transition to this job with 15 years under his belt than it was at UGA as a 1st year HC trying to learn how to be a HC.

And he has an experienced, star QB. That makes everything he wants to do so much easier.
And he's said a dozen times how much easier it has been to transition to this job with 15 years under his belt than it was at UGA as a 1st year HC trying to learn how to be a HC.

Advertisement
We go to Blacksburg on 5 days rest, Thursday night under the lights, after playing UNC.

You conveniently left out the following:

1. VT is ALSO playing on 5 days rest, and

2. VT is playing on the road on 10/15 (we're playing at home).

It wasn't an intentional convenience.

I am aware that both teams play on the 15th. VT playing SU and us playing UNC has to be an edge for them.
I disagree with you if you don't think that the home team has an advantage on Thursday night games. Even though VT has to travel, if the Miami/UNC game is pushed into later afternoon, it will not be more than a few hours difference between when the 2 teams get back to their campuses on Saturday night. Miami will lose a full day due to travel.

We've had their number, we'll see.

8-4

^UNC runs over the Manny Diaz defense
^FSU wins a close one on the road (bad QB play)
^ND will cream this team (National title contender)
^Duke will sneak up on these guys.

The common theme there is that all of those teams are run-heavy/option teams. That zone scheme has been killing Diaz for nearly a decade.

Duke...nah. We beat FSU and it will be close with UNC.

Advertisement
We go to Blacksburg on 5 days rest, Thursday night under the lights, after playing UNC.

You conveniently left out the following:

1. VT is ALSO playing on 5 days rest, and

2. VT is playing on the road on 10/15 (we're playing at home).

It wasn't an intentional convenience.

I am aware that both teams play on the 15th. VT playing SU and us playing UNC has to be an edge for them.
I disagree with you if you don't think that the home team has an advantage on Thursday night games. Even though VT has to travel, if the Miami/UNC game is pushed into later afternoon, it will not be more than a few hours difference between when the 2 teams get back to their campuses on Saturday night. Miami will lose a full day due to travel.

We've had their number, we'll see.

That is not what I said. I said that you left it out. You did leave it out. I never said that being at home is a disadvantage for VT. I only mentioned you left some stuff out.

You will know everything you need to know this year (unless we are Marshall or some insane catastrophe).

1. 10 wins BEFORE the ACCCG, and
2. Win the Coastal

If we can't do that next year, Mark isn't the guy.

Wrong-need to give him a chance-this team has lousy depth. Wait until the 2017 season to properly judge him.

I got Miami going (9-3),
Losing to ND, FSU, & UNC.

Y r we losing to UNC?

Miami doesn't do well against spread teams. UNC uses 3 & 4 WR sets, we lack CB depth. That's if I'm betting money on it.

Outside of last year's debacle, didn't we do pretty well against them? They are losing play makers from that squad this year. I'm not really worried about UNC or one year wonder Fedora either.

Advertisement
I got Miami going (9-3),
Losing to ND, FSU, & UNC.

Y r we losing to UNC?

Miami doesn't do well against spread teams. UNC uses 3 & 4 WR sets, we lack CB depth. That's if I'm betting money on it.

Outside of last year's debacle, didn't we do pretty well against them? They are losing play makers from that squad this year. I'm not really worried about UNC or one year wonder Fedora either.

They bring back 3 of their top 4 wrs. Corn and redwine cant cover and there is nobody behind them. Elijah hood is a top 3 back in the acc.

The defense is stiil a big issue. Diaz hasnt been all that good except about 2 or 3 decent years and you pair that with a defense with questions at every level its hard to say a 10 win season will happen.

And thats not even mentioning the o-line and questions at wr.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back