Predictions for next year

Advertisement
I predict Franchise will rustle people's jimmies and people will complain about both the uniforms and the stadium.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think 8 wins (I WANT to be very wrong) including a strong performance in bowl game...

2017 Richt puts together a 10 win season...2018 maybe even playoff run...

Advertisement
10 wins with the bowl game. We beat FSU and lose one we shouldn't but win our bowl game. Kaaya stays based on how the projections for 2017 look.

Does anyone think that we have a shot at the Coastal at 9-3?

I could see us going 9-3 with loses coming to FSU, ND and UNC then paying FSU back by beating them in the ACCCG. That would have us at 10-3 heading into a a major Bowl(Orange maybe). The team by then has serious momentum and we win our Bowl game and finish 11-3. Recruits will see the direction the program is heading and we land the No.1 class in the nation. Not only do we hit on most of our targets but we get 1 or 2 elite national recruit 5 star types that nobody thought would ever consider us.

I still have the feeling that we are going to shock one of those three teams (FSU, ND, UNC) that we are supposed to lose to. Also chances are we will lose a game we're not supposed to lose.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I could see us going 9-3 with loses coming to FSU, ND and UNC then paying FSU back by beating them in the ACCCG. That would have us at 10-3 heading into a a major Bowl(Orange maybe). The team by then has serious momentum and we win our Bowl game and finish 11-3. Recruits will see the direction the program is heading and we land the No.1 class in the nation. Not only do we hit on most of our targets but we get 1 or 2 elite national recruit 5 star types that nobody thought would ever consider us.

How does that sound?

Nice but unrealistic. Regardless of beating fsu or not, we'd have to get by Clemson in the acccg. I'm not confident in that. Too many question marks. I don't think we sign the top rated recruiting class either. Top 10 maybe top 5 but not number 1.

How does that sound?

Nice but unrealistic. Regardless of beating fsu or not, we'd have to get by Clemson in the acccg. I'm not confident in that. Too many question marks. I don't think we sign the top rated recruiting class either. Top 10 maybe top 5 but not number 1.

That whole bit was meant to be very tongue in cheek.

8-4

^UNC runs over the Manny Diaz defense
^FSU wins a close one on the road (bad QB play)
^ND will cream this team (National title contender)
^Duke will sneak up on these guys.

The common theme there is that all of those teams are run-heavy/option teams. That zone scheme has been killing Diaz for nearly a decade.

Advertisement
Back