Prediction on Manny's decisions in the offseason

Baker will be fired. New DC will make hiring decisions.
I could see retaining Patke as STC but he’s getting a pay cut.

I would try to hire Gene Chizik

Advertisement
Out of all the defensive coaches Stroud is the least likely to get fired. IMO.

he may be moved to off the field roll or may even retire

I don't think he "fires" any of HIS defensive guys, but wouldn't be shocked if some of them end up taking roles elsewhere. rumph i'm guessing is gone.
Rumph is the Ole Miss of this coaching staff.

There is more that goes in making a successful HC leading an elite program than what you just mentioned. The ability to be a strong leader with strong personality and effective management skills. A smart and tough CEO. Everything else will follow.

Remember this: Coker inherited an insane roster, successful assistants and roadmap for recruiting. Didn't have the leadership traits, players management skills or the tough personality. All achievements faded away in a few years.
I doubt that Manny has it in him to make Miami an elite program again.

I hope I'm wrong.
Coker inherited an incredibly talented roster but successful assistants is a bit of a stretch. Chud had some mild NFL success and Shannon has been a DC for a long time but the rest of that staff was full of guys who never did anything else. When recruiting started to fall off, the team went into the toilet. Hire good coaches, recruit good players. Every thing else is just fluff.

Advertisement
Back