Prediction on Manny's decisions in the offseason

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
He is quoted in the Herald as saying that he waits until the offseason to make staff decisions. 1st, even though I'm not ready to give up on him right now, this is a stupid policy. My dude, you have one game left. Take over the D, get your balls out of Mack Brown's wife's purse, and win your F'ing bowl game!

Anyway, I do think he will fire Baker and many on the D staff. If we hadn't gotten raped on national TV in an historic and some may argue, Biblical way, then I'm not sure what he might do. But, you can't unsee what happened last Saturday. There's no contextualizing that makes it OK.

With this being the case, the real questions are: who will be the new DC? Will he allow the DC to bring in his own staff like Lashlee did with the O? Will Manny allow this new DC to be the head coach of the D, or will he micro-manage?

Advertisement
He is quoted in the Herald as saying that he waits until the offseason to make staff decisions. 1st, even though I'm not ready to give up on him right now, this is a stupid policy. My dude, you have one game left. Take over the D, get your balls out of Mack Brown's wife's purse, and win your F'ing bowl game!

Anyway, I do think he will fire Baker and many on the D staff. If we hadn't gotten raped on national TV in an historic and some may argue, Biblical way, then I'm not sure what he might do. But, you can't unsee what happened last Saturday. There's no contextualizing that makes it OK.

With this being the case, the real questions are: who will be the new DC? Will he allow the DC to bring in his own staff like Lashlee did with the O? Will Manny allow this new DC to be the head coach of the D, or will he micro-manage?
What decent DC would even consider taking this job if he can not run his own scheme and hire his own staff?

Advertisement
Just like with the offense, you give him a chance to correct his mistakes, only this time there is more pride on the line because it involves HIS guys and HIS scheme.

Must be fired: Baker, Rumph
Should be fired: Patke
Undecided on Stroud, Banda; don't care if he cleans house, but if he kept one it's probably Banda.

3/5 need to go, but I'm willing to guess we see only Rumph fired as a scapegoat

Fires Rumph and Stroud takes an off-field role or retires.

I’m not convinced Baker is gone yet. Another poor showing in the bowl game and it’s more likely.

Nothing is happening to Banda or Patke imo.

Advertisement

beating a dead horse wtf GIF

The argument is not on what we know what needs to be done; it is whether Manny's loyalties (or cajones) lie with the Miami Hurricanes or his inner-circle of friends. I have been waiting two days for my phone to alert me that Baker had been released from his responsibilities but it never came. We'll see what happens in the offseason but if he's going to do it, why would he wait? Coaches and coordinators are being fired. Now is time to walk the market and find some talent to replace with.

After a historically bad performance, especially being the last game of the regular season, Baker should’ve been let go on Sunday.

The assistants you can keep until after the early signing period ends, at a minimum. Or keep them until you hire a new DC and get his input on who he wants to bring with him and who he might want to keep.

But Baker needs to be let go, ASAP.

Advertisement

Who cares what he does, he’s a loser and won’t succeed here or anywhere in this game because he doesn’t know this game. So he can fire and hire whoever he wants but the core of his shortcomings will always come out and will always be his downfall. To name a few, lack of discipline, lack of leadership, playing favorites/upper classmen over more talented players, lack of respect from anyone due to the previous three things I listed. This is who he is and that will never change. So let’s just get the experiment over as soon as possible because it the end it’s best for both parties. Hopefully when they do
Pull the plug on manure they pull it on James too for paying 4 million dollars to hire him in 4 hours. 🤣😂

Just like with the offense, you give him a chance to correct his mistakes, only this time there is more pride on the line because it involves HIS guys and HIS scheme.

Must be fired: Baker, Rumph
Should be fired: Patke
Undecided on Stroud, Banda; don't care if he cleans house, but if he kept one it's probably Banda.

3/5 need to go, but I'm willing to guess we see only Rumph fired as a scapegoat
Banda should be fired also his position stinks on the field also bad angles bad tackling cant cover. Yes, he needs to go. Banda is so overrated.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Instead of taking responsibility for the performance he spreads it around...A teams performance is a reflectionof the head coach. Unfortunately, he has never really mentored under a great head coach. He is just faking it...he will never amount to much at Miami.

Actually, he's been under 2 really good coaches in Mack Brown and Richt. I question if he ever really learned anything under either of them.

It really doesn’t matter. But I do think he fires Rumph. baker, and Patke.

I'm sure he's about all in on firing Rumph. Granted, I don't doubt that Diaz has hindered Rumph's ability to do his job in some aspects. I still question if he'll fire Baker or Patke; I'm all but sure Banda's safe, which he shouldn't be.

If Baker is canned, Patke, Banda and Rumph are likely gone as well as Stroud. A new DC is going to want to bring at least a few of his own guys with him. It’s possible they keep Banda around because he’s just a recruiter and a real DB coach can coach corners and safeties. They won’t need separate coaches for each position

Advertisement
Back