predicting our record in 2016

Lol everyone got their head in the clouds

We win 7 games maximum next year

Uh, we just won 8 should've been 9 had not a horrid play call, and that's w a God Awful staff. Pretty sure we'll win 10 next yr, chief
Uhh we were gifted the Duke game, this was a 7 win team. We're not upgrading our coaching across the board, and we're not upgrading our talent

7 wins sounds about right

Give me 5 teams that can beat us next year and explanations why.

Advertisement
10 wins minimum. with a healthy Kaaya and a more experienced OL, we should make the ACC title game which gives us a shot at the playoff.

also a veteran front 7 returning on defense and our punter and kicker returning. Very veteran team!!!

team is still full of pussies...

lets see how Signing day goes and if this staff has any unity at all..

Uh, we just won 8 should've been 9 had not a horrid play call, and that's w a God Awful staff. Pretty sure we'll win 10 next yr, chief
Uhh we were gifted the Duke game, this was a 7 win team. We're not upgrading our coaching across the board, and we're not upgrading our talent

Give me 5 teams that can beat us next year and explanations why.

I can only think of 1 maybe 2
ND and FSU

Advertisement
To early. I'm still frustrated with the bowl loss. I still have to get pumped about spring before i give my undefeated season prediction.

Gifted the Duke game?? All I need to know bout regarding ur status as a fan. U've been complaining about any and everything. Pretty sure ur a troll, but just so I can help u save ur wrist from getting carpal tunnel, don't wanna hear ur a "realistic, honest" Canes fan. I'm not even close to being a Homer.

We got rivals giving our team more love than u. Pretty sure other teams have tried that same lateral play and wasn't successful. Regardless of the blown whistle, fact is, WE WERE NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE IN THAT POSITION IN THE FIRST PLACE. Do you not recall the two phantom PI calls that even the broadcasters questioned; one PI took away a game sealing int by Burns, so what is u talkin bout? We won a LEGITIMATE 8 games and could've won 10 except we had a numb nut head coach who couldn't beat a porous Cincy team and an O-Coordinator who thought it was genius to have a HB throw the ball in a blizzard.

Incompetent coaching kept us down...now we actually have competent coaching, and we're returning everyone except for TH3, who everyone loved to bash, D Crawford, who everyone loved to Bash, R Scott, who everyone bashed during the bowl game, HW6, who everyone bashed. Key losses are Bush and Burns, only. Yet this team only wins 7 games?? FOH.

Need to see if the underclassmen come back (Coley, AQM) and if we sign some impact freshmen at key spots (e.g. Ahmmon Richards, Dionte Mullins).

Gifted the Duke game?? All I need to know bout regarding ur status as a fan. U've been complaining about any and everything. Pretty sure ur a troll, but just so I can help u save ur wrist from getting carpal tunnel, don't wanna hear ur a "realistic, honest" Canes fan. I'm not even close to being a Homer.

We got rivals giving our team more love than u. Pretty sure other teams have tried that same lateral play and wasn't successful. Regardless of the blown whistle, fact is, WE WERE NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE IN THAT POSITION IN THE FIRST PLACE. Do you not recall the two phantom PI calls that even the broadcasters questioned; one PI took away a game sealing int by Burns, so what is u talkin bout? We won a LEGITIMATE 8 games and could've won 10 except we had a numb nut head coach who couldn't beat a porous Cincy team and an O-Coordinator who thought it was genius to have a HB throw the ball in a blizzard.

Incompetent coaching kept us down...now we actually have competent coaching, and we're returning everyone except for TH3, who everyone loved to bash, D Crawford, who everyone loved to Bash, R Scott, who everyone bashed during the bowl game, HW6, who everyone bashed. Key losses are Bush and Burns, only. Yet this team only wins 7 games?? FOH.

Where is the proof that our coaching is so vastly improved? Recruiting certainly hasn't gotten any better. The Diaz hire was a joke. And now you've got a first time DB coach working with an extremely thin secondary.

Losing Bush, Howard and Burns is going be huge, and coaching at that spot is suspect to say the least. We'll be inexperienced at linebacker. So good chance this defense doesn't improve at all and maybe even gets worse

Our offensive line was the weakest unit on the field this year. We add no talent and we don't upgrade our coaching at that position either. Our RB's are underwhelming, and there are no Dalvin Cooks, Sony Michels, Alex Collins', etc in this class. Our WR depth is thin and we don't have Miami speed at that position. Sam Beuce would be a great pickup but wil he stick?

I think you've got yourself pumped up by the new coach and that's fine. I ain't doing it again. I'm gonna look at the facts realistically and the fact is we're still far behind our in state rivals both in terms of recruiting, facilities, coaching, and talent. Sucks but it's true bro

Last edited:
Advertisement
The expectation should be 10 wins minimum considering how many guys are coming back and the relative ease of our schedule.

Where is the proof that our coaching is so vastly improved? Recruiting certainly hasn't gotten any better. The Diaz hire was a joke. And now you've got a first time DB coach working with an extremely thin secondary.

Losing Bush, Howard and Burns is going be huge, and coaching at that spot is suspect to say the least. We'll be inexperienced at linebacker. So good chance this defense doesn't improve at all and maybe even gets worse

Our offensive line was the weakest unit on the field this year. We add no talent and we don't upgrade our coaching at that position either. Our RB's are underwhelming, and there are no Dalvin Cooks, Sony Michels, Alex Collins', etc in this class. Our WR depth is thin and we don't have Miami speed at that position. Sam Beuce would be a great pickup but wil he stick?

I think you've got yourself pumped up by the new coach and that's fine. I ain't doing it again. I'm gonna look at the facts realistically and the fact is we're still far behind our in state rivals both in terms of recruiting, facilities, coaching, and talent. Sucks but it's true bro

You a funny man. "Where is the proof that our coaching is so vastly improved?" Seriously? You've obviously been sick or in Europe for the last five years. Go watch a couple games with golden and d'nofrio at the wheel. QED.

You a funny man. "Where is the proof that our coaching is so vastly improved?" Seriously? You've obviously been sick or in Europe for the last five years. Go watch a couple games with golden and d'nofrio at the wheel. QED.

The team didn't get better after Larry Scott took over. So obviously the whole addition by subtraction thing didn't work. The problem was we had terrible coordinators and position coaches. We haven't upgraded there except on the defensive line

The team didn't get better after Larry Scott took over. So obviously the whole addition by subtraction thing didn't work. The problem was we had terrible coordinators and position coaches. We haven't upgraded there except on the defensive line

I agree.

Advertisement

I agree.

Concern #1 OL
- In some places on the team I think there was a coaching issue
- On the OL I think it was coaching AND a lack of talent ---- just dont see it

Concern: #2 Schedule
- On the Road: ND, Va Tech and Ga Tech --- I think we end up 1-2
- At Home: UNC and FSU ...... Um will be underdogs in both games

Concern [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] OL
- In some places on the team I think there was a coaching issue
- On the OL I think it was coaching AND a lack of talent ---- just dont see it

Concern: [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] Schedule
- On the Road: ND, Va Tech and Ga Tech --- I think we end up 1-2
- At Home: UNC and FSU ...... Um will be underdogs in both games

Can't disagree with you concern #1 or #2 because it's opinion. However I don't think we'll have problems against Ga Tech or UNC. VT will be tricky depending on how fuente's oc from memphis can do there.

One optimistic thought is Notre Dame just lost a lot of talent to the draft. Should be a tough game there and against FSU though

Advertisement
7-5 or 8-4....BUT...

Competitive in each loss and showing "improvement"...

Possible solid run at CDC in 2017 campaign..again showing improvement...

Possible solid run at ACCCG in 2018 campaign...

Hopefully ACCCG run in 2019 and run at CFP late in season...lots of color stories on how HC Richt has restored Hurricanes to national relevance...

Keep in mind...

Do you think Fedora, Meldenhall, Fuente, et al are just gonna lay down and say, " oh golly Richt is at Miami so why compete?"

The Coastal Division in general has upgraded at least 3 coaching staffs. Its not the SEC West (yet), but I believe it wont be the lack luster top to bottom play we've seen in recent years.

Our Hurricanes are in a much better place, but so are UNC and UVA, with VT likely going sideways tough.

Pros:
- Great QB
- Dangerous front 7
- Scheme that will better fit defensive personnel
- Improved play caller and offensive coordinator
- Full off-season of training with an S&C not banned from the gym

Cons:
- Horrendous group on OL
- Poorly conditioned
- Mentally weak team in need of culture change
- No homerun threat at the skill positions
- A dangerously thin secondary
- Huge question mark at the corner spot after Corn

Early on I'm thinking 9-3 sounds right. But a good 9-3, where the losses are humiliating and the wins are convincing.

Advertisement
Back