predicting our record in 2016

Advertisement
10-2. Kaaya has another awesome passing display in a win against FSU; but, we lose to ND and one of UNC/Duke/VT/Pitt.

Advertisement
**** counting ND as a loss. They lose stanley, smith, prosise, fuller, & im sure others. Richt knows what that means to us.

So if Diaz is the weak link let's consider that his defense ranked 36th with ours in the 80's. They also only allowed 22 points a game where we allowed 28.5. That's almost a seven point difference and we lost a couple of games by less than 6. Coach Kool and the replacement of Paul Williams hasn't even been factored yet. Ten win minimum based on that alone.

So if Diaz is the weak link let's consider that his defense ranked 36th with ours in the 80's. They also only allowed 22 points a game where we allowed 28.5. That's almost a seven point difference and we lost a couple of games by less than 6. Coach Kool and the replacement of Paul Williams hasn't even been factored yet. Ten win minimum based on that alone.

Agreed. Defensively, there's no other way to slice it this staff is a major upgrade. We know the blueprint. Coach Kool isn't here to play two-gap fronts. Coach Rumph isn't here to teach off coverage. Coach Diaz isn't here to base out of odd fronts. That aint Cane defense. Turn the front four loose and keep it simple.

Advertisement
Our schedule is really weak next year. ND loses a lot of talent, unc loses marquise Williams, richt has owned Georgia Tech. VT might be challenging becuase they got the oc from Memphis who was putting up big numbers.

Really comes down to fsu. I say we finish 10-2
Another poster mentioned it too but lack of depth at dB is concerning and might be our Achilles heel

I could be wrong but trubisky looks scarier then williams. He's like fedora secret weapon lol.

I honestly don't have a clue how good we will be this year. I fully believe if this was CMR's 2nd or 3rd year we would for sure have 10 wins, make ACC championship game, and have a really good shot at winning the entire ACC.

But, being that this is his 1st year here with a new staff, he has a lot of work to do to overcome everything Golden has done.
I'd be happy with 9 wins and beating FSU this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol everyone got their head in the clouds

We win 7 games maximum next year

Uh, we just won 8 should've been 9 had not a horrid play call, and that's w a God Awful staff. Pretty sure we'll win 10 next yr, chief

I don't think we really upgraded the staff. Lot of unproven, green coaches...and a hot **** at DC (was the most important hire for Richt and he blew it)

Plus we lose more talent this year than we are bringing in. Our incoming class is ranked in the 20's, the class that's graduating was top 10.

We have no talent on the OL, thin at safety, thin at CB, too young at LB, no athleticism at RB

I think we'll struggle

Lol everyone got their head in the clouds

We win 7 games maximum next year

Uh, we just won 8 should've been 9 had not a horrid play call, and that's w a God Awful staff. Pretty sure we'll win 10 next yr, chief
Uhh we were gifted the Duke game, this was a 7 win team. We're not upgrading our coaching across the board, and we're not upgrading our talent

7 wins sounds about right

Advertisement
Back