Predicting Kevin Harris to Miami on Tuesday

Simpson could really turn out to be an interesting hire - he has connections to 3 really good programs in GA.

He coached at Buford, has a coach from his staff at Grayson and he went to HS at Marietta which is loaded at the moment.

And as another fun fact, he played college ball at Auburn, like Searels, but a few years after him.

Advertisement
Would be a big get for Coach Simpson, this was his first test to see how much pull he would have in Georgia & this is a Homerun hit snatching up a 4-star kid with some **** good offers.

Harris's coach at Grayson coached under Coach Jess for several years, so he shoulda been selling Kev on coach Jess more than anybody. Great to hear that we were able to land this kid without too many politrics having to take place.

Great pickup!
Excellent post, my man! I alluded to Simpson's connections in a thread that I started when we first hired him. The great part about this situation, is this will be the norm under Simpson; it's not just an anomaly.

Coaches respect other coaches and tend to be more loyal to a particular coach than a specific school. Meaning, though UGA will always be a threat and the front runner for most recruits that come out of that state, the coaches that coach those same recruits will have no problem steering those players to Miami, not because of our school, but because they trust Simpson. At that moment, the glamour and the "cool" factor of playing for The U, will be even more effective, because it will not be the primary selling point, which is typically the case for out of state recruits, but it will be the cherry on top. Great things lie ahead with this Simpson guy!

Yeah Searles was a GA when Simpson played. They are super close friends.

Why are you guys unable to move on from Kul? I've never seen this obsession over a position coach who doesn't coach here anymore.

Butt hurt.

Simply because he didn't want to be here for less $$$ and start recruiting his tail off.

He will do fine at We Buy Trophies....he should be a memory.

Advertisement
Hank onBama 247

There's been a lot of Miami talk over the last few days and for good reason -- the Hurricanes are very much a factor in Harris' upcoming decision on Tuesday evening. However, I have kept my prediction on Alabama as things have continued to play out. After speaking with a couple of people close to the recruitment on Monday morning, I still feel comfortable with my pick for the Tide.
Now, this is recruiting so a lot can change before tomorrow night. But right now I still like Alabama.

Hank onBama 247

There's been a lot of Miami talk over the last few days and for good reason -- the Hurricanes are very much a factor in Harris' upcoming decision on Tuesday evening. However, I have kept my prediction on Alabama as things have continued to play out. After speaking with a couple of people close to the recruitment on Monday morning, I still feel comfortable with my pick for the Tide.
Now, this is recruiting so a lot can change before tomorrow night. But right now I still like Alabama.
You mean to telll me that I might have killed a crow for no reason! It’s already marinating In the porta potty juice!!!

Writers so used to alabaga getting who they want, the safe thing to do as a journalist is to pick baga when you're unsure. Until kids start picking other schools, baga a good bet.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bama commits on twitter seem to be hinting at something. Could be someone else though because bama is hot in recruiting right now

Last edited:
Bama commits on twitter seem to be hinting at something. Could be someone else though because bama is hot in recruiting right now

true. Saw another speculation it could be some kid they are on as a DB - Daxon Hill - top of their board. Supposedly Saban personally called him from the draft Thursday night. Hope this is it....

Advertisement
FWIW There seems to be a lot of smoke around ALL 4 of the kids committing tomorrow. I even saw a post that said someone who is a generally accepted "insider" to the Grayson kids may be spreading misinformation in order to keep things interesting. No idea if that's true or what. But it seems like none of them are a sure thing right now to any school as far as predictions.

Advertisement
Back