Predict the date the Rob Chudzinski era begins......

butch took over a program at north carolina that was lucky to wins 5 games before he got there. the year he left is the year they were set to break out.

Advertisement
No thanks on Chud. think hes more happy in the nfl than running a CFB team.

No thanks on Butch either.

Schiano = 50/50 with me.

Solid post. All rational thinkers on here, such as yourself, would take Schiano over Butch in a heartbeat.

my friend said the best choices are butch (thought he might need time to adjust) chud, and mark stoops. he said he wouldnt go with schiano or cristobal. actually said cristobal would be a last resort for him. he didnt see him in the same league as the others.

Monday November 30, 2015.

Chud will be the next head coach at Miami.....it's beyond obvious.

He has purposely passed on numerous offensive coordinator jobs because he has been all but promised the job when Golden is fired this year.

Chud would set the college football world on fire with his offensive prowess combined with the monster recruiting staff he would assemble.

Ken Dorsey
Mike Rumph
Kevin Patrick
Kevin Beard
Vernon Hargraves
Hurlie Brown
Mike Sullivan
etc.

The guy has 3 rings......2 as a player....1 as coach.

We would be ACC champs within 2 years.

PERFECT FIT!!!

I'd buy if offered and give a generous tip! Same for Schiano and Butch as well.

Advertisement
Stoops makes a lot of money to just make UK competitive. We'd have to overpay significantly to get him to leave where he is, and raise the expectations. Plus, he's in the SEC East ... The easier of the 2 divisions to remain competitive, IMO.

I'd probably rather take Dan Mullen from Miss State if we are reaching for mid-level SEC coaches who MIGHT be interested in coming back to a school in the state of Florida. And being in the SEC West, he's probably more likely to accept, IMO ...

my friend said the best choices are butch (thought he might need time to adjust) chud, and mark stoops. he said he wouldnt go with schiano or cristobal. actually said cristobal would be a last resort for him. he didnt see him in the same league as the others.

If we were going for someone with Miami ties I'd go all in for Butch. He is a cheap option as well that will have an immediate impact on recruiting, wins, and the fan base would be in full support.

Other realistic options I like are Mark Stoops (coached at UM under Butch) idk if we could lure him from UK due to what they pay him but if hes looking to win then Miami is ideal. Hes a good recruiter, scheme would be a great fit here for the recruiting base, etc.

Also, Mark Hudspeth at ULL. Already has a great track record of winning. Even though it is the sun belt he has also went undefeated in bowl games. Good hard nosed guy, reminds me a little of Butch as well. I think he would be a solid recruiter, expects to win, and would be tough enough to control the team and not get stepped all over i.e Coker, Shannon, and Golden.

Advertisement
Stoops makes a lot of money to just make UK competitive. We'd have to overpay significantly to get him to leave where he is, and raise the expectations. Plus, he's in the SEC East ... The easier of the 2 divisions to remain competitive, IMO.

I'd probably rather take Dan Mullen from Miss State if we are reaching for mid-level SEC coaches who MIGHT be interested in coming back to a school in the state of Florida. And being in the SEC West, he's probably more likely to accept, IMO ...

According to USATODAY, Stoops makes 2.25 million and Golden makes 2.3 million. I don't think we would have to break the bank to get Stooops. I would be shocked if he would turn down an offer from Miami with a raise.

Stoops got a new contract last season ...

We'd have to pay almost $4MM per season to get him ...

Check out his numbers:

Effective Nov. 1, Stoops will earn a pro-rated sum of $3 million for this season, and that figure will increase by $250,000 each season through 2019. He will earn $3.25 million in 2015, $3.5 million in 2016, $3.75 million in 2017, $4 million in 2018 and $4.25 million in 2019.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11797551/mark-stoops-extension-worth-more-3m-year

And as mentioned previously, they just expect him to make them "competitive".

Take a look at this incentive:

Also, as part of his incentives package over and above his salary, Stoops stands to make an additional $250,000 for each win beginning with the seventh win each season.

According to USATODAY, Stoops makes 2.25 million and Golden makes 2.3 million. I don't think we would have to break the bank to get Stooops. I would be shocked if he would turn down an offer from Miami with a raise.

Advertisement
Dan Henning 2.

P. S. LULZ at Chud passing up NFL OC gigs because he knows he'll be the next UM HC. Dear friend, please stop lying. There are impressionable young people reading this board. They don't need to be polluted by your sick fables.

I'm not sure how decent Chud would be as HC at Miami, but there is some logic to the theory that he's waiting for some position to open up.

He could be waiting for the Miami job to open up after Golden has another mediocre season?

Or ...

He could be waiting for Pep Hamilton to get a HC job next year, allowing Chud to slide into the vacated OC position?

Hmmm ...

Waiting to resurrect a program that may, or may not, want to commit the resources and investment required to compete in college football at the highest level?

Or waiting to coach an NFL offense led by a QB who can be a Hall of Famer?

Decisions, decisions ...

I want you and I to be as close as possible, and I believe the only way to get there is through honesty and open dialog. With this in mind, dear friend, I have to call you developmentally disabled if you believe that an NFL coach is passing up promotions and pay raises because he's "waiting" for another job.

NFL coaches don't sit around waiting for other jobs. He'd take the promotion, and then if he wanted to leave for another job later he'd just leave.

I'm going to implore you to use the thus far wasted resources that the normal functioning human brain provides you. Only then will the entire community benefit from your contributions.

I, too, want us to be close.

I've made my best effort to accomplish that by having some concept of when you are being sarcastic ... Please, dear friend, provide me with the same courtesy.

Also ... Does your theory about NFL coaches not sitting around waiting for other jobs also apply to college coaches who are out of work?

... Because, I swear, I keep reading posts from guys claiming a "can't miss coach" isn't interested in taking any job offer other than coaching the Miami Hurricanes ...

Dan Henning 2.

P. S. LULZ at Chud passing up NFL OC gigs because he knows he'll be the next UM HC. Dear friend, please stop lying. There are impressionable young people reading this board. They don't need to be polluted by your sick fables.

I'm not sure how decent Chud would be as HC at Miami, but there is some logic to the theory that he's waiting for some position to open up.

He could be waiting for the Miami job to open up after Golden has another mediocre season?

Or ...

He could be waiting for Pep Hamilton to get a HC job next year, allowing Chud to slide into the vacated OC position?

Hmmm ...

Waiting to resurrect a program that may, or may not, want to commit the resources and investment required to compete in college football at the highest level?

Or waiting to coach an NFL offense led by a QB who can be a Hall of Famer?

Decisions, decisions ...

I want you and I to be as close as possible, and I believe the only way to get there is through honesty and open dialog. With this in mind, dear friend, I have to call you developmentally disabled if you believe that an NFL coach is passing up promotions and pay raises because he's "waiting" for another job.

NFL coaches don't sit around waiting for other jobs. He'd take the promotion, and then if he wanted to leave for another job later he'd just leave.

I'm going to implore you to use the thus far wasted resources that the normal functioning human brain provides you. Only then will the entire community benefit from your contributions.

Advertisement

Your friend told you that? That settles it for me.

Well I've been saying I want Chud to be the Head Coach for a while now. He wouldn't accept the job for anything less. Hopefully find a way to bring Butch back, like as DC. I definitely agree with Dorsey as OC. I like keeping Ice, Kehoe, Beard, and Hurlie.

Still, I have a sinking feeling that we will hire Lane Kiffin as HC once Golden is (hopefully) gone. And that would be good for recruiting, but nothing else really. He'd be fine as an OC, but he'd have no reason to leave the OC job at Bama unless its for a HC job somewhere.

Well I've been saying I want Chud to be the Head Coach for a while now. He wouldn't accept the job for anything less. Hopefully find a way to bring Butch back, like as DC. I definitely agree with Dorsey as OC. I like keeping Ice, Kehoe, Beard, and Hurlie.

Still, I have a sinking feeling that we will hire Lane Kiffin as HC once Golden is (hopefully) gone. And that would be good for recruiting, but nothing else really. He'd be fine as an OC, but he'd have no reason to leave the OC job at Bama unless its for a HC job somewhere.

Why would you want the STUDENT (Chud) to be the HC, and the MASTER (Butch) to be the student?

Someone's got their butt and head reversed, AND wants to do the same thing for a coaching staff.

Advertisement
Back