Prayers For Kendrick Norton

Herald article says another car involved (Maserati) but driver uninjured. Family member said Kendrick truck "cut off" by other driver. Horrible situation.

Advertisement
Terrible news. Fortunately science has done amazing things with prosthetics so he should be able to have a healthy productive lives. Many veterans have lost limbs but it hasn't stopped them.

As to what the future holds- in 15-20 years science will have advanced to the point where not only will limb transplants be possible but prosthetics will also have full sensation and act/function like a regular limb.

This **** really necessary or even news worthy? Here's an idea- if the video is so difficult to watch then don't air it at 11am as you've already reported the story. I'd expect this from Channel 7 but c'mon. Who needs to see this kid at the lowest moment of his life just because someone shot the effing video?

Yea...and Andy Fūcking Slater with the gruesome details so he could say he was first. It’s very possible that family, close friends, even close family found out through the Slater tweet. That’s not how it’s supposed to work if you have respect for people. I realize it’s a free country and he can report what he wants, it’s just a total lack of respect. It’s sickening. Fūck Andy Slater

Advertisement
Difficult to say what happened but that's not the greatest engineering design as Dolphin Expressway merges to Palmetto Expressway south...836 to 826 if you prefer numbers. I have had trouble there more than once. It is tight and abrupt and the barriers tend to blend.

Sharp diagonal lane changing is so commonplace in this area, even at high speeds. I could see a problem in that area if a vehicle suddenly realized it needed to go south on 826 but was not in the proper lane. The video with the overhead road signs makes it look more tame and clear cut than it actually plays out.

Yea...and Andy Fūcking Slater with the gruesome details so he could say he was first. It’s very possible that family, close friends, even close family found out through the Slater tweet. That’s not how it’s supposed to work if you have respect for people. I realize it’s a free country and he can report what he wants, it’s just a total lack of respect. It’s sickening. Fūck Andy Slater

Yup. I have a really thick skin and even a penchant for gallows humor but this accident had seemingly only happened a few hours ago and Slater and then a TON of other outlets (and even the police) immediately went public with the detail about his arm. As you said, was a pretty gross display of a "journalism" snowball fueled by the desire to be first and then police confirmation. Even JPP blowing his hand off with fireworks was kept under wraps until well after his family knew.

Glad to see TMZ picked up NBC 6's video of him arriving at JMH too. Class all around.

Difficult to say what happened but that's not the greatest engineering design as Dolphin Expressway merges to Palmetto Expressway south...836 to 826 if you prefer numbers. I have had trouble there more than once. It is tight and abrupt and the barriers tend to blend.

Sharp diagonal lane changing is so commonplace in this area, even at high speeds. I could see a problem in that area if a vehicle suddenly realized it needed to go south on 826 but was not in the proper lane. The video with the overhead road signs makes it look more tame and clear cut than it actually plays out.

Obviously nobody is making any excuses here until the details emerge but you're definitely correct about that interchange. It's almost as idiotic/dangerous as trying to hit 595 from the Turnpike as you come from the south. Nothing like having to merge 3 lanes in the span 2.6 seconds.

Advertisement
Man, that's a tough thing to have happen and go through. There are positives here, just hard to see from his end. I feel for the young man, so sad.

Obviously nobody is making any excuses here until the details emerge but you're definitely correct about that interchange. It's almost as idiotic/dangerous as trying to hit 595 from the Turnpike as you come from the south. Nothing like having to merge 3 lanes in the span 2.6 seconds.

That 836 to 826 transition is so bad I have to mentally remind myself well in advance. Get in the left lane and don't worry about speed demon honkers or light flashers from behind. If you're not in that left lane early enough you might not be allowed to get over there.

I start reminding myself while passing Mel Reese Golf Course.

Most of the interchange redesigns in this area have been well done. The Palmetto bottleneck situation at Flagler Street was fixed seemingly about as sensibly as it could have been done, even if it took forever. But several of them are awful, like the ones you mentioned. They remind me of some of the old designs I experienced in Southern California. Unless you're a local there's no chance.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Prayers to our Cane brother.
I feel for the young man..CANE STRONG!

I wish him a complete recovery.... and may he be blessed to overcome his limitations

Advertisement
Back