PractiSe Tuesday, August 17

Advertisement
Do you project him as an all-ACC corner (1st-3rd team)?

Not knocking him and happy he is here. Just trying to get an understanding of what kind of player we got.
I wouldn’t be surprised, the talent is there. He came in way bigger than you’d want a cb since Uga packed on weight for playing star. He played cb against Cincy at 220 +. I want to see how he looks when he’s down to 210. Which I expect.

Last edited:
ST’s we’re good prior to last season?

We’re they were good in 2019, especially FGs? Sure about that, buddy? 2018??
Hard to differentiate between troll energy and just plain idiocy online, but either way I’ll stoop down to your level just to cover the bases.

Patke has coached the strikers for 3 years. The strikers are what’s called a position group. Hope that helps buddy.

Advertisement
We just had a scrimmage and im positive a ton of people got ****ed up and for some reason message board posters think the world is ending because players have been held out. Shows how many people have every strapped up in a scrimmage at any level. **** happens. If there aint boots or casts then chill.

Everyone rips on Patke but we had the best kicker & punter in America last year. Idc if they transferred from mars. We all would take the credit for them if we were in his shoes. I’d like to see our return game tighten up a bit tho.
Bring me some fast stud linebackers and he will make me stfu. If we had T Will I think T Lewis would be a cane. If he was here last year I mean.

Advertisement
Patke has improved everyone striker he has coached. He’s not a bad coach
People always seem to forget that Finley was completely lost at safety under Banda, then got moved to Striker under Patke and played so well that everyone was concerned when we lost him. Then Frierson picked right up where Finley left off and Keontra played so good as a back-up he could be the starter at WLB. But yeah.........Patke sucks.

Last edited:
Advertisement
FWIW, i have a buddy/source who was at a recent "closed" practice, first time seeing the team in person and had this to say:

was really impressed with Rambo, said he was a smooth operator and really uses his hands well to catch the ball, impressed with smith at WR as well.

said Amari carter looks like a freakshow physically and has to be on the field in some capacity

jon ford is by far the largest dude on the defense. also ford has a really quick step and was often the first off the line on the snap, but he is not very smooth and does not have much of a finesse game.

and said X made a jaw dropping TD catch against Keyshawn Washington. said he likes Washington too, more of a good D better O situation.
That's not surprising to me in terms of this offense being better than the defense is now. This defense will be much better towards the end of the year.

Advertisement
Diaz went on to add Roche even though he had Phillips and Rousseau(prior to opting out) on the same team.Yet decided to not bring another Portal DE when all we return is Harvey,Johnson,Chantz and Mcloud and 2 undersized true freshmen.Even with Cam W getting kicked out we needed more talent there.

What makes you think they didn't try? Not everything gets out and at some point, you need to play the guys you recruited or recruits will take note. You don't want to be the team that relies on the portal or your recruiting will tank.

My guess is they didn't see anyone that had mutual interest and was a surefire thing. DE's are coveted and now that everyone is up to speed on it, it's even more competitive.

Advertisement
Back