PractiSe Tuesday, August 17

Advertisement
Starting secondary for game one should look like this..
CBs: blades and ivy with couch at nickel
S: Bubba and Stevenson
GIF by Zack Kantor

I'm indifferent on him but he can help us by finding a dependable option at PR, and maybe not trotting out Parrot and Ragone together on kickoffs. One white walk-on is enough.
On so man specials he uses wayyy too many walk ons. On punts he trotts a walk on long snapper, another walk on.. So now, when you combine that with the punter, we are working with only 8 truly athletic guys to cover. He puts his own teams at such a disadvantage this way. Stop with the walk ons. Let them get PT when the game is over and the young guys already got enough reps. Its crazy to me.

Advertisement
Not here , not on cis.

People want his head because heā€™s ā€œmannyā€™s boyā€œ . Nothing more. Is is possible heā€™s actually a good coach? I mean manny kept him around , going into his make or break year.

When narratives start thereā€™s no stopping it. Just like the cooney is controlling the wr snaps lunacy lol. The guy had the two best special teams players in the country (arguably) and the striker position has been solid to good his entire time here.
Outside of last year, punt return has been on of the beat in the country. KJ,kk
Punts are all angled to the sidelines , rugby kicked or hung up. A high majority of kickoffs are touch backs of where they kickoff, Also thereā€™s no wedges allowed anymore.

The return game is close to dead.

Its all about kickers , punters , blocking and ball security. The amount of time spent on stā€™s at practice has decreased.
This! Plus, special teams is a product of depth. If you have no depth teams are stronghold and forced to either sacrifice starts on kickoff or play walk on/guys that shouldnt be playing. I think our special teams will be much improved this year, from coverage standpoint, based on depth. Ohio state, bama they have nfl guys/starters as gunners and all over there special teams. I feel much better with some of our freshman and 2 year guys on special teams this year then years past.

On so man specials he uses wayyy too many walk ons. On punts he trotts a walk on long snapper, another walk on.. So now, when you combine that with the punter, we are working with only 8 truly athletic guys to cover. He puts his own teams at such a disadvantage this way. Stop with the walk ons. Let them get PT when the game is over and the young guys already got enough reps. Its crazy to me.

You honestly think that's his decision? Seriously? You think he dictates who plays on punt team and Manny sees the lineup for the first time as guys trot onto the field??? Please tell me you're lying.

Side note: Not saying you're wrong in your gripe. But this isn't solely Patke's doing. Come on, man.

Advertisement
You honestly think that's his decision? Seriously? You think he dictates who plays on punt team and Manny sees the lineup for the first time as guys trot onto the field??? Please tell me you're lying.

Side note: Not saying you're wrong in your gripe. But this isn't solely Patke's doing. Come on, man.
I blame manny as well.

A couple of conerns to me when reading thru this thread:

That second team OL....Herbert, Hillery, a former walk on in Griffth. Yikes. Losing Campbell and Clark hurts.

Also, I know I shouldn't be too concerned because they are precautionary injuries, but we have zero depth at DE at the moment. Guys like Chantz Williams need every rep they can get. 2nd team DE are walk ons.

A couple of conerns to me when reading thru this thread:

That second team OL....Herbert, Hillery, a former walk on in Griffth. Yikes. Losing Campbell and Clark hurts.

Also, I know I shouldn't be too concerned because they are precautionary injuries, but we have zero depth at DE at the moment. Guys like Chantz Williams need every rep they can get. 2nd team DE are walk ons.
How long are Campbell and Clark out for?

Advertisement
Campbell is out for the season with a torn ACL.

I am not sure about Clark.
I know Clark is recovering from the shoulder he hurt in a car accident and should be back mid season at the latest. Losing Campbell for the year hurts but not too bad. The young kids may need to play.

Advertisement
You all know this already, but Jalen Rivers gets it. That is a young buck (who refers to himself as a young buck), that wants to be great. His attitude and humbleness (and skill) are going to make him great. Ready to see him ball with the 1's. :11263272045-489f4f7972-o:

Keontra just doesn't give a fvck and is going to be a good backer for us, just watch. Starter at weak side, fo sho.

XR7 will be much better than Berrios, and I respect what BB did for us (as Foreigner sings...Dirty White Boy), both those cats. I know Baga does not scare XR what so ever, he will fight the whole ******* team by himself.....if needed. Oh, he likes his bling too.

I am so excited about this young group of cats. I hope we are ready to show it on the field Sept. 4. C-A-N-E-S.....CANES! That's my girl below.
View attachment 152154
The guy in the green shirt under the galā€¦. ā€œMy private equity fund has an 11 handle yield and invests only in top quality assetsā€. Dude with the beads, ā€œwhy didnā€™t I just scalp instead of letting this dude take me to the gameā€¦.ā€

Advertisement
Back