PractiSe Tuesday 8/10

Advertisement
It’s personal stuff. Not my business to release but it’s nothing serious and he will be back

That’s the best way to handle this info. It’s nothing crazy so there’s no need to dig. That’s why I just stay away from family stuff or personal issues. It’s not anyone’s business.
Agreed. That said, QP posted a number of times that Curtis wasn’t at practice so the issue’s profile was escalated publicly on the board. My assumption was either injury or disciplinary. Better to not even go there if there’s other stuff going on and you know.

I know everybody hate Ivey now but.....in this system T-Rob will teach his DB's to get their hands on receivers and re route them. You have 2 hug corners on the outside let them use their strengths and be very physical at the line of scrimmage. I can see him having a really good year!

Advertisement
I want the ball. They return most of their d and is their strength. I want to find out ASAP how the ol will hold up versus the dl. It will tell everything. The d is older guysversus a very young o, I think they can hold up, at least I have more questions about the ol.
I want the ball also but for a slightly different reason. I think we can score on them early, I really do. I want to be up 7-0 so we can then see what we have on defense. Maybe get a quick stop or two and see what happens.

I want the ball also but for a slightly different reason. I think we can score on them early, I really do. I want to be up 7-0 so we can then see what we have on defense. Maybe get a quick stop or two and see what happens.
Agreed. Kinda have a vibe like 2000 FSU (who was also #1 at the time). If memory serves, we actually jumped out to a 17-0 lead before they roared back just in time to make Dorsey and Shockey legends. Not saying the entire game plays out that way, but I can see a scenario where we come out hot and go up 10-0 before having to withstand some haymakers.

Of course , that’s also part of my thinking but I want to see if we can handle their front. You’ll know real fast where we stand.

Advertisement
I always believe in early shots , just because of the mental side. Like “ **** I’m here to win, I’m not trying to keep it close or be conservative”. If you do hit them with a quick big hitter it opens the run game up because of the threat. Safeties aren’t as nosy after that. But it’ll take a couple of deep ones to change bamas mind set.

People here can laugh and pick at Wiggins but you can bet your sweet *** he can get behind any of their cb’s. He’ll drop it but still. When he’s on the field defenses respect his speed. Smith , Wiggins and Rambo can get by most db’s. **** ill take Mallory over moag lb’s and safeties. He has wheels.
Not opposed to this approach, myself. But put Harley, Rambo and Smith on the field, along with Mallory and go immediately to SMith. Let him make a big catch and put their secondary on notice he has to be accounted for... Or Redding... someone they won't necessarily be looking for

Not opposed to this approach, myself. But put Harley, Rambo and Smith on the field, along with Mallory and go immediately to SMith. Let him make a big catch and put their secondary on notice he has to be accounted for... Or Redding... someone they won't necessarily be looking for
Redding needs a lot of burn in the red zone. Dude is a man child and has realized it. Smith is the surprise, that speed will catch folks off guard.

Redding needs a lot of burn in the red zone. Dude is a man child and has realized it. Smith is the surprise, that speed will catch folks off guard.
how is Smith's and King's timing coming on the deep balls?

I’d rather give them the ball first. Their new offense vs our retooled front. Our dbs will be ready. If we get it first and go three and out in hyper speed we will be deflated
Do not give Bama's O any minutes on field.

Zero. Zilch.

Advertisement
I wouldn’t take the ball first.

The middle 8 (last 4 min of 1st half and 1st 4 min of 2nd half) are huge. FBS teams that win the middle 8 win the game about 75% of the time. Here is an article from a quick google search:

I think a 3-and-out would be more damaging to our psyche than Bama scoring on the opening drive. I would make Bryce young take the first snap of the season, rather than give him the ball with momentum from his defense.

I always believe in early shots , just because of the mental side. Like “ **** I’m here to win, I’m not trying to keep it close or be conservative”. If you do hit them with a quick big hitter it opens the run game up because of the threat. Safeties aren’t as nosy after that. But it’ll take a couple of deep ones to change bamas mind set.

People here can laugh and pick at Wiggins but you can bet your sweet *** he can get behind any of their cb’s. He’ll drop it but still. When he’s on the field defenses respect his speed. Smith , Wiggins and Rambo can get by most db’s. **** ill take Mallory over moag lb’s and safeties. He has wheels.
All I can think of is P Dorsett against ND when reading this post. Was there, he was wideeeee open. I also agree with taking shots early. Ive seen many teams get a jump on Bama when they are overmatched, with them waking up real quick. SC in the opener around 5 years ago, and UF in the SEC chip game. The difference being that this year they are young on offense. Most likely we make Bryce Young look like Pat Mahomes, but might as well take the chance.

Advertisement
If you don’t roll 100% with the 15-0 Boys view of the Hurricane World, and express different opinions based on your own assessments, even in absolute good faith, you’re subject to their sneering.
So he better buckle up. We dont go over well with the spineless type....

Advertisement
Back