PractiSe Tuesday 8/10

Jus cuz yu say so doesn't make it tru! Too early f4 slobbing bama's depth chart. And, who is bamas 3rd team? Since yu kno they will start f4 most teams?..ill wait!
It’s true. If you think we match up equally with bama talent wise then idk what to tell You.

Advertisement
I believe we’re gonna come out and punch Bama in the mouth. What makes Bama great is that they usually respond to all aggression. I wanna see what we do after they hit back.
This is a manny Diaz team, we have never come out punching a better team in the mouth. Even against less talented teams we seem to start flat and get better as the game progresses. Hope we do come out strong

That’s the best way to handle this info. It’s nothing crazy so there’s no need to dig. That’s why I just stay away from family stuff or personal issues. It’s not anyone’s business.
I'm always satisfied knowing it is something that can be confirmed and if/when to expect people back.

well, people thought we had the talent to line up and beat LSU in dallas three years ago, and it was pretty clear after that game that we were way behind the top of the SEC. i doubt our team was intimidated going into that game ranked in the top 10 vs a team barely in the top 25. turned out that we had some NFL guys on that team, but LSU had burrow, edwards-helaire, justin jefferson, jamarr chase etc... and none of them even needed to do much for them to kick our ***. our coaching in that game was poor as was our QB play, getting better in those two departments can take you a long way. can we hold up in the trenches? i have my doubts. we'll see.
We lost by 2 tds. Why do some people act like we were just totally destroyed?

Advertisement
I actually don't want us coming out and testing our O-line vs. their D-line. I want non-stop quick hitting plays - slants, bubbles, etc. We have to be aggressive AF. quick throws all day to start and sprinkle in some deep shots. Early trick play as well. Then if we have success, it should open up the running game and then we start pounding the ball to see if our O-line and really go against their D-line. Early runs getting stuffed at the line and a 3rd & long would be disastrous.

Last edited:
I actually don't want us coming out and testing our O-line vs. their D-line. I want non-stop quick hitting plays - slants, bubbles, etc. We have to be aggressive AF. quick throws all day to start and sprinkle in some deep shots. Early trick play as well. Then if we have success, it should open up the running game and then we start pounding the ball to see if our O-line and really go against their D-line. Early runs getting stuffed at the line and a 3rd & long would be disastrous.
As stated many times, I know zippo about game planning but this makes some sense to my simple mind. The inside run on downs one and two don’t make sense to me. Dink and dunk, quick stuff.

We lost by 2 tds. Why do some people act like we were just totally destroyed?
i mean, it was 33-3 going into the fourth quarter lol. yeah we put up two touchdowns in garbage time but c'mon. that team also finished 7-6, the coaching and QB were the main issues but that was the last time we faced a top level SEC team, we were favored in the game, etc. i'm just bringing it up as the last time we measured ourselves against that caliber of opponent what happened.

i'm not saying the bama game will go that way -- although it might -- but the original post i was responding to said we hadn't been able to go into a big game like this and not be intimidated in years, and i pointed out that actually it happened 3 years ago and we got spanked.

Advertisement
Somebody tell me how Borregales is looking. Is he ready for prime time?

from what I’ve read/heard, kid has a crazy strong leg. Like any freshman, I’m sure he can boot 60 yarders with ease but how he responds when the bullets start flying is a separate issue.

You know many porsters can’t make that delineation. If we lose to Bama in their mind we go 0-12.

And there’s also a couple of us reasonable folks who know we tend to let one game turn into two or three. It was FSU for many years and then it was UF a couple of years ago. I don’t think King will let that happen, but it’s a legitimate concern to have.

Advertisement
from what I’ve read/heard, kid has a crazy strong leg. Like any freshman, I’m sure he can boot 60 yarders with ease but how he responds when the bullets start flying is a separate issue.
I’m talking about playing under the bright lights. It’s clear the kid is extremely gifted, but he’s a freshman and we’re gonna be relying on him.

All I can think of is P Dorsett against ND when reading this post. Was there, he was wideeeee open. I also agree with taking shots early. Ive seen many teams get a jump on Bama when they are overmatched, with them waking up real quick. SC in the opener around 5 years ago, and UF in the SEC chip game. The difference being that this year they are young on offense. Most likely we make Bryce Young look like Pat Mahomes, but might as well take the chance.
I was there in Soldier's Field too. Stephen Morris dimed that bomb and Dorsett dropped it. Golden and the staff called the same exact play on 2nd down and Dorsett dropped it again. I knew right then it was gonna be a rough night.

I went up to Dorsett after the game as he was being consoled by his parents and told him not to worry about it, that he was a great route runner and would have a long career in the NFL. His mother looked up like, "you think so??", Dorsett and his dad both said thanks. He was ****ed after that game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
for everyone asking there Blades next to JW.
Excellent video! Too many times during the pass few years, facing bunch or crossing patterns our guys seemed lost on who to take or who to man up on. TRob coaching them up and making it clear on who to take. Teaching that and ball skills will make these DB's much better.

Advertisement
Back