Spring PractiSe Day 1: Media Availability- Mario

Advertisement
The positive in the decision is the decision.

The inference that Garcia could've left and started somewhere is true. It's not as if Navarro mentions it at that point and Garcia goes "you know what, I never thought of it that way. Bye."
Agree on the first sentence. But once the question is phrased the way it was by Manny, it either

1) insults the decision that Jake and his family made, AND/OR

2) validates whatever feelings Jake might’ve originally had about leaving.

That is not what a MIAMI reporter should be doing.

I’m interested to read between the lines on some of these interviews and what the kids are really saying about the last staff lol

Hats off to Mario for working thru a painful loss in the family. Also hats off to Jake, he’s grinding w a stud in front of him w a great mindset. This kid knows his moment will present itself while competing besides a kid that’s playing at a high level. Go Canes.

Advertisement
I hope Mario is taking enough time to grieve. Losing a parent is so disorienting. Maybe working is how he deals with grief but I hope he spends enough time with the family because this is hard on the wife and kids, not to mention Mario's brother and others who loved her.
I love the work ethic but I would be just as supportive if he needed a week away.

Advertisement
the first four minutes of Mario's session today with the media, talking about the passing of his mother. This is what real leadership looks like. I'm telling you guys, he's going to do huge things at UM

We’ve waited a long time for this. Too long. If the first few months of Mario’s tenure is any indication of what we can expect near and long term, we’re in for a lot of fun.

Advertisement
Back