Spring PractiSe Day 1: Media Availability- Mario

Anthony Anderson GIFs | Tenor

Advertisement
Exactly, it is a ****** question all the way around. I mean what answer does he expect?? If he was so compelled to ask a question like that he could have at minimum dressed it up instead of "why are you here" ask something like: "with QB's transferring at rapid pace around the NCAA to find playing time, what makes your mindset different in deciding to stay and compete TVD?"
That’s exactly how I would have phrased it if you had to ask the question.

I hate our press man. From the idiocy of SMD to this clown who clearly hates UM.

I’m sure Mario will hear about that question so don’t rely on any breaking news from that clown (not that he broke news anyway).

Advertisement
Advertisement
This board speculates about transfers every 20 minutes but gets mad when someone asks about it
There’s nuance to it.

IF you’re gonna be asking that question, as a Miami reporter there are better ways to frame it so he could think about the positives in his decision.

Manny phrased it poorly, basically implying through his words that it maybe wasn’t the best decision.

Tell me you can’t see the different between “what are some things that encouraged you to battle with a great QB like Tyler?” vs “why would you stay here when you could start this year somewhere else?”.

There’s nuance to it.

IF you’re gonna be asking that question, as a Miami reporter there are better ways to frame it so he could think about the positives in his decision.

Manny phrased it poorly, basically implying through his words that it maybe wasn’t the best decision.

Tell me you can’t see the different between “what are some things that encouraged you to battle with a great QB like Tyler?” vs “why would you stay here when you could start this year somewhere else?”.

The positive in the decision is the decision.

The inference that Garcia could've left and started somewhere is true. It's not as if Navarro mentions it at that point and Garcia goes "you know what, I never thought of it that way. Bye."

Advertisement
This board speculates about transfers every 20 minutes but gets mad when someone asks about it
It’s stupid question and insulting. And then in a person named Manny fashion he fails to take ownership and blames Twitter when he had enough characters to put out the full question.

Ask yourself this: do reporters ask that same question to OSU’s backup? What about Bama’s backup? Or Clemson’s?

All top schools have highly rated backup QBs. It’s insulting to the player and it’s insulting to the program.

I expect that disdain from a national reporter but not someone with ties to south Florida.

It’s stupid question and insulting. And then in a person named Manny fashion he fails to take ownership and blames Twitter when he had enough characters to put out the full question.

Ask yourself this: do reporters ask that same question to OSU’s backup? What about Bama’s backup? Or Clemson’s?

All top schools have highly rated backup QBs. It’s insulting to the player and it’s insulting to the program.

I expect that disdain from a national reporter but not someone with ties to south Florida.

Probably.

If anything, Navarro lined Garcia up nicely to give a cliche "I'm a true Cane/I thrive off of competition/this is where I want to be most/irin sharpens iron/etc" answer. It's actually an incredibly soft question for a guy that didn't transfer in an age of rampant transfers.

Advertisement

Yep, maybe instead of gaslighting just be better at your job.

I honestly like how honest Mario is about our talent. He understands that we don't have a lot of depth, but he clearly has a plan on how to effectively use our talent. He has the right coaching staff and philosophy in place to help this program reach new heights. I can't wait to see what he does with his guys.

Advertisement
Back