PractiSe #7

Advertisement
Horrible ball placement. He can’t lead a receiver for the life of him. WR’s have to be terrified to catch a pass from him.

Wrong, on the deep in routes you want to lead your receiver away from the safties, that was a text book pass, you dont leading your
Horrible ball placement. He can’t lead a receiver for the life of him. WR’s have to be terrified to catch a pass from him.

WRONG, on the deep in routes that's exactly where you want that ball away from the safety, throwing a lead pass on in routes is a suicide pass, remind us not to let you play qb!

I don’t get this statement. Catching a football isn’t dependent on age. It’s not like you’re saying he struggled picking up the offense or the speeding of the game or blocking, which happens more when you’re young. It’s the one thing you’re supposed to do at wideout. There is no excuse for dropping as many passes as he did.

I’m not saying he can’t or won’t get better bc he will, but that had nothing to do with him being a freshman

If a kid is not comfortable and having to think too much on the field mental errors and poor technique can be the result.

Advertisement
Advertisement
agreed. worth remembering that ken dorsey had a noodle arm and half of his passes were wobbly ducks but they got where they needed to be- if tate can do that then i'll roll with him.

LMAO at the rewriting Dorsey arm BS again.

Was he dan Marino? No.

But he wasn’t throwing ducks to Santana in one on one coverage. They were bombs that moss went full speed to get under.

Advertisement
You're just wrong. You know why Andre Johnson, the most talented WR we've ever had here, redshirted? Yea he had talented guys in front of him, but you don't think Butch and Coker wanted to get him on the field ASAP? He couldn't catch a cold in practice hist first year here. Struggled even his RS
FR year for the most part too. Yes it is something guys can and do improve on. Go back to '97 and see how many drops Santana had. It was thought to be a real "problem." And it was, but he improved.
have you ever heard of Jerry rice.a hof receiver in his rookie year had a problem of dropping passes.reason why good receivers have that problem could be they aren't ready mentally at the time.awe,pressure the whole scenario tends make some nervous.you wouldn't understand it's like your first date,job etc you were nervous first time I'm sure you didn't act normal.

Some of those Dorsey passes got to where they needed to be because he was throwing to Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne or Santana. I was just watching highlights of 2000-2002 and Dorsey throws 20 picks on any other team.

You’re very ignorant or are making **** up for an agenda. The first sentence doesn’t even make sense from a physics perspective. Albert Einstein is LHFAO in his grave.

Dorsey was a Heisman candidate and we got “Miami fans” saying he throws 20 picks w a noodle arm.

I’m reporting this staff member to MODS. Speaking for everyone, we expect no less than a written reprimand and remedial training.

Last edited:
Here we are trying to decipher wtf this team is gonna look like on Aug 24.
Could you imagine being the gates coaching staff right now?

Advertisement
LMAO at the rewriting Dorsey arm BS again.

Was he dan Marino? No.

But he wasn’t throwing ducks to Santana in one on one coverage. They were bombs that moss went full speed to get under.
It wasn't a pretty ball sometimes, but the ball was always on time where it needed to be. He had no problem fitting things into tight windows or pushing the ball down the field from my memory. Just about every QB we've had after him has though that's for sure.

You're just wrong. You know why Andre Johnson, the most talented WR we've ever had here, redshirted? Yea he had talented guys in front of him, but you don't think Butch and Coker wanted to get him on the field ASAP? He couldn't catch a cold in practice hist first year here. Struggled even his RS
FR year for the most part too. Yes it is something guys can and do improve on. Go back to '97 and see how many drops Santana had. It was thought to be a real "problem." And it was, but he improved.
It's an ignorant statement. There's obviously more to it than just the ability to catch. Wiggins was a true FR out playing in Hard Rock stadium in front of thousands of people and some of our fans just expect kids fresh out of HS to seemlessly transition to the pace and pressure of college ball. Players mature and become better suited to handle the speed and pressure of CFB; it is part of their growth.

There is no grasping at facts. You just don’t see it. A drop is a drop is a drop. If you drop an open pass idc how short or tall or young or old you are. There are no excuses for it. He was an early enrollee and played too much to let that happen. Idc if Jerry Rice or Reggie Wayne had a drop problem when they were young, that doesn’t make it ok.
it happened to the best receivers in the game why is it you can't accept it it's called a learning experience .every great famous athlete has had a weakness they had work out.if these players want to take that step to be like they'll put the effort into doing what needs to be done to make them better.

Advertisement
Back