Spring PractiSe #5 **TUESDAY**

Advertisement
I seriously think these guys are just trolling us sometimes.
It's off season talk......everyone is a first rounder at this time for every school. It's to get the fans optimistic to spend money. 90% of cfb power five fans thinks they have a legit staff and good players. I'm sure fsu thinking they will go 15-0 as well and we know they suck ***.

.... Wait til September, we'll see.

🤷🏾‍♂️

I'll bet you a cold beer that DJ Ivey does not start at corner and Jamal Carter does not start at Safety.

Meaningful snaps? We'll see. But those kids don't take snap 1 vs Bama, and to be totally frank I'd be pretty surprised if they play a ton of snaps, barring injuries/suspensions/Covid, whatever.

Jennings and McCloud would be a little hairier to me, because I don't think the kids behind Jennings are especially excellent and McCloud is 400 years old. I know both kids will play, but Jennings might start, IMO there's no way McCloud starts on the edge. Maybe if we didn't sign Deandre Johnson, but he's gonna play 1 spot and McCloud won't beat out the rest of the bunch for the other spot.

I cannot even tell you how disappointed I'll be to see Ivey, Carter, or McCloud start and play a large percentage of snaps to start the year off. I hope you're way wrong. We shall see.

Advertisement
I don’t think Manny has a seniority issue at all. The only reason some older, less-talented players were on the field is because he didn’t recruit better replacements.

Shaq, Pinckney and McCloud played early. He benched Blades for Couch. The only real seniority issue I can think of was Patchan initially starting over Rousseau, and that was injury-related. Rousseau got the job quickly and Patchan bounced.

Manny said McCloud might play a Trent Harris role. That makes the most sense at this stage. His issue is going to setting the edge.

IDK D$, there's just too much Evidence against this

Manny plays politics and seniority

- Pope/Wiggins over Smith/Redding/Restrepo/Payton (Anyone else)
- Patchan over Rousseau
- Knowles over Hall/Frierson
- Pat Bethel over Nesta/Ford
- Ragone (lol) over Brooks/Huff (Anyone else)
- Mccloud & Jennings over TAC/Flagg/Brooks/Huff (Anyone else)
- Jhavonte Dean over Blades/Ivey
- Ford over JHH
- Sciafe & Clark over Rivers
- Amari Carter over Hall/Harrell/Balom

The list goes on and on

DL should be

1st Team -

DE - Harvey
DT - Nesta
DT - JHH (Ford or Miller against heavy run teams)
DE - Johnson

2nd Team -

DE - Chantz Williams
DT - Roberts
DT - Taylor (Ford or Miller against heavy run teams)
DE - Cam Williams

Mccloud shouldn't even be in the picture

Advertisement
I'll bet you a cold beer that DJ Ivey does not start at corner and Jamal Carter does not start at Safety.

Meaningful snaps? We'll see. But those kids don't take snap 1 vs Bama, and to be totally frank I'd be pretty surprised if they play a ton of snaps, barring injuries/suspensions/Covid, whatever.

Jennings and McCloud would be a little hairier to me, because I don't think the kids behind Jennings are especially excellent and McCloud is 400 years old. I know both kids will play, but Jennings might start, IMO there's no way McCloud starts on the edge. Maybe if we didn't sign Deandre Johnson, but he's gonna play 1 spot and McCloud won't beat out the rest of the bunch for the other spot.

I cannot even tell you how disappointed I'll be to see Ivey, Carter, or McCloud start and play a large percentage of snaps to start the year off. I hope you're way wrong. We shall see.

Very safe bet by you considering Jamal left 4 years ago.

Pencil in McCloud as a starter at SDE.

DeAndre will be playing the rotational role that Trent Harris/Trevon Hill played. And Harvey will be the guy at WDE.

Also expect a big dose of BJ Jennings & DJ Ivey all year too lol The Safeties will remain Bolden, Hall & Carter, the young Safeties will only play 3rd team & mop up duty.

Seniority always wins with Manny.
Ivey is going to start lol

IDK D$, there's just too much Evidence against this

- Pope/Wiggins over Smith/Redding/Restrepo/Payton (Anyone else) Freshman all had COVID issues and no spring
- Patchan over Rousseau Rousseau was coming off an injury
- Pat Bethel over Nesta/Ford Nesta was also injured
- Ragone (lol) over Brooks/Huff (Anyone else) This one is a head scratcher. Ragone should never see the field
- Mccloud & Jennings over TAC/Flagg/Brooks/Huff (Anyone else) All these linebackers had issues
- Jhavonte Dean over Blades/Ivey Ivey is starter material now? which is it?
- Ford over JHH Ford was solid. JHH came on strong and then had to miss 4 games
- Sciafe & Clark over Rivers

The list goes on and on

Advertisement
It must’ve been a fever dream but I remember Bandy, Garvin and Carter all being the first ones in the end zone for Bandy’s pick 6 against Notre Dame. Prominent roles for freshman in the biggest game of the season

I want to a point out we’ve got people listing young players who should’ve played over an older player then becoming an older player who should be supplanted by a younger player. So maybe that once younger player should’ve been sitting if he already needs to get his job taken.

I'll focus on the defense because that's where he's been most involved:

- Patchan over Rousseau

Rousseau played over Patchan, which caused Patchan to transfer. The only reason Rousseau didn't start the first game is because he had battled an injury in camp.

Hall played much more than Knowles. He was our second-leading tackler. Frierson does not play safety.

- Pat Bethel over Nesta/Ford

Bethel played because he was better at that time. Note that our rushing defense dropped from 21st to 75th when he left. We could've used his discipline against UNC.

- Ragone (lol) over Brooks/Huff (Anyone else)

Brooks has played much more than Ragone. Unfortunately, he has battled injuries and has not performed particularly well. Huff is struggling to pick up the defense, which is why he got passed so quickly by Flagg.

This is a bad recruiting issue, not a seniority issue.

- Mccloud & Jennings over TAC/Flagg/Brooks/Huff (Anyone else)

See above. Flagg also played a lot despite no offseason and catching COVID in the middle of the season.

- Jhavonte Dean over Blades/Ivey

Blades and Ivey weren't Day 1 starter talents. Note that Couch beat out the more-senior Blades last year.

- Ford over JHH

JHH was starting (as a RS-freshman) when he got hurt, despite still being raw.

Hall plays more snaps than any safety. Harrell just got moved to CB because he wasn't playing that well. Balom is a three-star true freshman in a COVID year who still got meaningful snaps.

IMO, most of the frustration comes from bad recruiting, not seniority. We need to keep recruiting better young players. A full offseason should also help.

Advertisement
DL should be

1st Team -

DE - Harvey
DT - Nesta
DT - JHH (Ford or Miller against heavy run teams)
DE - Johnson

2nd Team -

DE - Chantz Williams
DT - Roberts
DT - Taylor (Ford or Miller against heavy run teams)
DE - Cam Williams

Mccloud shouldn't even be in the picture
I get we all tired of Zach but if he is playing better than cam he should play over him

Ca
I'll focus on the defense because that's where he's been most involved:

Rousseau played over Patchan, which caused Patchan to transfer. The only reason Rousseau didn't start the first game is because he had battled an injury in camp.

Hall played much more than Knowles. He was our second-leading tackler. Frierson does not play safety.

Bethel played because he was better at that time. Note that our rushing defense dropped from 21st to 75th when he left. We could've used his discipline against UNC.

Brooks has played much more than Ragone. Unfortunately, he has battled injuries and has not performed particularly well. Huff is struggling to pick up the defense, which is why he got passed so quickly by Flagg.

This is a bad recruiting issue, not a seniority issue.

See above. Flagg also played a lot despite no offseason and catching COVID in the middle of the season.

Blades and Ivey weren't Day 1 starter talents. Note that Couch beat out the more-senior Blades last year.

JHH was starting (as a RS-freshman) when he got hurt, despite still being raw.

Hall plays more snaps than any safety. Harrell just got moved to CB because he wasn't playing that well. Balom is a three-star true freshman in a COVID year who still got meaningful snaps.

IMO, most of the frustration comes from bad recruiting, not seniority. We need to keep recruiting better young players. A full offseason should also help.
Can we pin all of this so we can put these fan theories to bed?

I agree, but it will because TRob loves him.

He has told multiple people that Ivey reminds him of Jaycee Horn, minus the confidence. TIFWIW, but TRob is a straight shooter and not afraid to criticize a player.
Is ivey that good in practice?

Advertisement
Back