Practise #4

He hasn't proven anything one way or another. But, considering the post you were responding to was a direct response to the mounting notion that Tate is trending down because of a few errant throws during the media viewing portion that were captured on camera, I'd say my response to your post served well to inform the full scope of the discussion.
I responded to a small piece of that post because I'm tired of hearing about his stats in mop up duty twice. I'd say generally we don't know how good he is now. All we hear is what the media watch in the viewing portion and what insiders here share. I'm purely responding to numbers.

Advertisement
Well Nkushi proved he doesn't have it and is a head case and Jarren only has mop up time (very limited at that) to the mighty Savannah State and threw in the towel instead of making the Richts pay attention. Yeah, I'm counting the undefeated national champion, along with crushing D1 comp including OSUs D in the spring and scout team.
None of them have proven anything. That's the point. If Tate crushed D1 comp like you described then the coach might have cared if he left.

Well Nkushi proved he doesn't have it and is a head case and Jarren only has mop up time (very limited at that) to the mighty Savannah State and threw in the towel instead of making the Richts pay attention. Yeah, I'm counting the undefeated national champion, along with crushing D1 comp including OSUs D in the spring and scout team.

N’Kosi also went 4-2 as a starter and had numerous drops. Again if Tate was so great why did OSU just let him leave? Why did they bring in Fields when Tate was already there in the system for 2 years? Sometimes the grass is only greener where we water it.. May the best qb win.

Advertisement
N’Kosi also went 4-2 as a starter and had numerous drops. Again if Tate was so great why did OSU just let him leave? Why did they bring in Fields when Tate was already there in the system for 2 years? Sometimes the grass is only greener where we water it.. May the best qb win.

Seriously? It's Justin Fields, an elite QB prospect.

And Martell doesnt fit Day's system. Day wants a pass-first QB like he had with Haskins. Fields has that kind of arm talent.

Martell fit the Herman/Beck offense which JT Barrett thrived in, despite having a bad arm.

Duke that's a very disappointing statement coming from you. Not only for the fact that you're such a fan of Tate's all of a sudden,who by your own assessment then would clearly have had to thrown in the towel and ran from Todd day instead of making him pay attention. But because if you were paying attention you also had to have realized the Richts didn't care about anybody's talent in comparison to their concerns of which kids would have blind faith in them. To let the fact that jarren didnt play last year be the ultimate indicator of his talent level would be very short sighted. Especially considering lil Johnny's inability to spot & develop talent. We literally had a qb room last year that period did not do quarterback drills or anything similar to it outside offal or spring & that was very limited as well

Seriously? It's Justin Fields, an elite QB prospect.

And Martell doesnt fit Day's system. Day wants a pass-first QB like he had with Haskins. Fields has that kind of arm talent.

Martell fit the Herman/Beck offense which JT Barrett thrived in, despite having a bad arm.
so is your argument that justin fields is a prototype pocket qb & not a dual threat as well? You also realize osu has targeted transfer QBs the last two years not just this year right. Not sure if tate was ever their qb of the future once he got on campus. Regardless I'm not gonna smear the kid just really sad to see canes fans **** all over our own cause they made such spot on assessments over what a kid did with lil Johnny as their qb coach in an offense I'm pretty sure was tailored to sabotage us as a program... if yall really are canes fans opinions are one thing. But to hope one kid thrives and the others fall apart is real ******. Yall just stick to being fans and cheer for us to win period. Fvck the dumb****

Advertisement
Yup. There happens to be a large ****** student population at Tulane, just like at Boston U, George Washington U and American U, but so what. Why post something like that?

I don't get why some people need to be disparaging towards other people of different ethnicities on here. I expect that on some SEC boards not here.

meh... there’s large ****** populations in most universities although I’m willing to bet that it’s lower than average in SEC schools. And higher than average in northeastern schools. In the end, who cares? That’s why I was asking, why would he post that?

EDIT: I saw the later posts and I see everything’s cool. That’s really good.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thank god manny navarro made that assessment for us! I swear these clown *** Sports writing gurus need to be brought back down to reality.
Per Manny N, question now from the Staff is can Kennedy help at Center? If he's right that Kennedy was overrated, Tommy would just be the latest in a long list of poor evaluations of OL, going back at least to Symonette.

Advertisement
As mentioned numerous times, Tate was Urban's guy for his offense. Fields is Day's guy for his offense.

Duke that's a very disappointing statement coming from you. Not only for the fact that you're such a fan of Tate's all of a sudden,who by your own assessment then would clearly have had to thrown in the towel and ran from Todd day instead of making him pay attention. But because if you were paying attention you also had to have realized the Richts didn't care about anybody's talent in comparison to their concerns of which kids would have blind faith in them. To let the fact that jarren didnt play last year be the ultimate indicator of his talent level would be very short sighted. Especially considering lil Johnny's inability to spot & develop talent. We literally had a qb room last year that period did not do quarterback drills or anything similar to it outside offal or spring & that was very limited as well
I always respect you and your contributions my man, you know that. I was responding to the porster saying that Tate's success when he came in for OSU was diminished because of the comp. It was absolutely not a knock on Jarren and I am pulling for him as well, trust me I know the Richts were clowns. As far as all of a sudden a fan of Tate, as soon as it was posted about the next Manziel (well before any transfer talk from him or Fields) I watched his high school film, which is what was posted in that thread. I was blown away, after it was confirmed he was coming here, I watched every available film on him and was even more sold by his play against D1 comp, their spring game and Urban's quotes about Tate playing Mayfield and the Army QB on the scout team; and crediting him as the reason they won. This is all just my opinion.
Oh and a big reason I keep defending him is all of a sudden, the pitbulls are out in full force with the Tate hate, as soon as he got approved. Makes me wonder.....

Last edited:
so is your argument that justin fields is a prototype pocket qb & not a dual threat as well? You also realize osu has targeted transfer QBs the last two years not just this year right. Not sure if tate was ever their qb of the future once he got on campus. Regardless I'm not gonna smear the kid just really sad to see canes fans **** all over our own cause they made such spot on assessments over what a kid did with lil Johnny as their qb coach in an offense I'm pretty sure was tailored to sabotage us as a program... if yall really are canes fans opinions are one thing. But to hope one kid thrives and the others fall apart is real ******. Yall just stick to being fans and cheer for us to win period. Fvck the dumb****
Wait, you really think they were trying to sabotage our program?

Advertisement
Back