Practise #4

Advertisement
I haven't seen that about today's practice, but I am very skeptical about what some reporter thinks, yes. What reporters?

If you're telling me Susan Miller Degnan is talking smack about Tate's accuracy, I really don't care.

This is like the most positive comments I've seen about his throwing after 4 practices and it's from David Lake. I don't know why we have to vet who is saying that he hasn't looked accurate. It's a pretty simple thing to see. If it was sunshine being pumped, then there would likely be no problem.

• QB Tate Martell continues to be much better when throwing to the middle of the field. When he is asked to throw passes outside the numbers, the ball wobbles and he becomes somewhat inaccurate.

Advertisement
Is it BS if reporters who are watching it are saying the same thing?

Exactly. People are missing the point on purpose. No one is criticising him based on one throw. **** near every reporter who has watched practice, white, black, male, female, etc. has said he has been poor throwing the football. I understood the first couple of days being nervous, but he is still missing basic throws that some of you on this board could make like the one in that video. I'm rooting for him because I want him to be the savior but I can't ignore my eyes and reports to follow my emotions. But that's just me....

Just to clarify, I'm not hating on Tate... I actually like the guy a lot. But from almost everyone who has watched him at these practices have reported that accuracy and mechanics are serious problems with him. Call me crazy but that's important to most people at the qb position. Swagger is good, I love swag but you also have to be able to pass the ball as well. Jarren has been consistent, and he put in the work during the off season refining his game. Let's not down play that. That said, I do believe Kosi will be the one to be asked to transfer before fall camp.

Who has downplayed anything Jarren has done? I’m personally rooting for all the QBs. Whether intended or not, it comes off as if you’re nitpicking on Tate with very little to go off of. Probably a total of about one minute of film of him doing drills in practice

Spring Ball is where you can iron out the kinks especially at QB. Now if Tate is still having accuracy issues in the Fall then I will get a little more concerned. The offseason when nobody is watching, the media isn't around, the fans aren't paying attention, the coaches cannot have any contact with you..its just you and your teammates.. between May-July is when we will find out who QB1 is going to be.

Having a guy like Tate around who is all business and is going to work 25/8 to get better during the summer is going to either push JW and NP because they know they cannot take a day off either or they will fall to the pressure. And messing around getting in trouble will cease as well.

Advertisement
I get that his strengths are his ability to run and intangibles, but he is missing easy throws for D1 qb. That's my concern. The 15 yard out route im not concerned but a crossing route?!? I'm rooting for him, but like I said, I'm a bit concerned now by practice #4.

Who cares, im not rooting against him, but alot of those who got hyped up because he transfered here was comical to me, obviously he transfered cause he lost, the best thing that'll happen is he ends up not being the starter here but serves his purpose as elevating the play of the other qb's. Anybody at UM that let's a transfer come in and take his spot should be embarrassed. And its normally whichever team got the transfer player is normally getting the loser from somewhere!

Advertisement
Spring Ball is where you can iron out the kinks especially at QB. Now if Tate is still having accuracy issues in the Fall then I will get a little more concerned. The offseason when nobody is watching, the media isn't around, the fans aren't paying attention, the coaches cannot have any contact with you..its just you and your teammates.. between May-July is when we will find out who QB1 is going to be.

Having a guy like Tate around who is all business and is going to work 25/8 to get better during the summer is going to either push JW and NP because they know they cannot take a day off either or they will fall to the pressure. And messing around getting in trouble will cease as well.

What is there to be concerned about? If he's not good enough then he won't be the starter. And you say it later in your post, Tate's work ethic alone is already improving our team. If he never sees the field as a starter he's still a major asset and a hugely successful addition to the team.

Advertisement
What's this B.S. about Tate being inaccurate in practice #4? Are we seriously basing it off one throw in a Twitter clip that shows it hit a receiver in the hands? Or is there legit other footage of him missing numerous throws?
..I wouldn’t be the first time around here. Fans just anxious and looking for any lead

Who cares, im not rooting against him, but alot of those who got hyped up because he transfered here was comical to me, obviously he transfered cause he lost, the best thing that'll happen is he ends up not being the starter here but serves his purpose as elevating the play of the other qb's. Anybody at UM that let's a transfer come in and take his spot should be embarrassed. And its normally whichever team got the transfer player is normally getting the loser from somewhere!

I don't disagree with any of this. Let's just see what happens. All I was saying is that in a relatively controlled atmosphere, **** near every report has said he has looked poor. Then I'm seeing clips of him missing throws that the preferred walk on is hitting. That's not a good look, bruh. He was a gamer in high school and he has likeability, but he needs to be steady. I'm not saying he has to be Peyton Manning, because he is a different type of qb but he gotta make some tough throws not all of them but some. We can't do the Rosier thing again. I'm done talking about QBs now. I'm on to the oline where we got real issues...

Advertisement
Back