Spring PractiSe #2: Wednesday March 6

Advertisement
**** so Lou can’t get any reps at all? I’m sure he works hard maybe even harder than the other guys and how is the hard work supposed to be rewarded? I’m sure Mario wants to win and understands how he’s supposed to win that’s why he goes out and gets these 6’9 tackles and 6’5 guards. So what the kid started such a meaningful bowl game against Rutgers.
His work ethic has no bearing on my perspective. I remember the same tone when he committed and people mocked anyone that thought the "85th player" on roster would ever play. We can all pretend it is an overreaction but truth be told, until September 1st we are all just fingers crossed he isn't in the 2-deep. I won't entertain any discussion about bowl games since you have already dismissed it.

His work ethic has no bearing on my perspective. I remember the same tone when he committed and people mocked anyone that thought the "85th player" on roster would ever play. We can all pretend it is an overreaction but truth be told, until September 1st we are all just fingers crossed he isn't in the 2-deep. I won't entertain any discussion about bowl games since you have already dismissed it.
Some of these dunces will never learn. You’re wasting energy.

Advertisement
Some of these dunces will never learn. You’re wasting energy.
Joe Biden Yes GIF by The Democrats

All the time in Spring you have players who move ahead for their offseason workouts and leadership.

Dude isn’t going to start. And if he does somehow start he absolutely earned it.

You people think Mario is willing to forego the best player at LG, put his career on the line all just to appease his brother/nephew??? You guys are wild.

You may be surprised.. he had the numbers he had even with a 3 game stretch in the middle of the season that combined didn't equate to some of his single game numbers. Most of that was due to QB play in those single games.

Clemson - Emory couldn't do anything with his arm and he went 7 catches for 26 yards
Virginia - 3 catches for 48 yards - Van Dyke was horrible
NCST - 3 catches for 35 yards Van Dyke was even worse than the previous week

13 catches for 109 yards - he eclipsed the total yards from these 3 games in 5 other individual games. He probably won't have another 190+ yard game like Louisville but I think he'll put up 1000 yards in a more consistent and steady way. Probably more than 6 TDs too.
Lies No GIF

Advertisement
No fingers crossed here. What would be the point of going out and recruiting all these big mfs if they gonna sit behind his undersized nephew? Like I said I’m sure Mario wants to win to that would be a level of incompetency we’ve never seen in football period.

No fingers crossed here. What would be the point of going out and recruiting all these big mfs if they gonna sit behind his undersized nephew? Like I said I’m sure Mario wants to win to that would be a level of incompetency we’ve never seen in football period.
Like failing to take a knee when a game is won?

Shawn Michaels Wrestling GIF by WWE
Last season it was more of the mental side with the knee by the end of the year. That’s why I said they were hoping for a blowout later in the year to get him some pt. Ease him back into things. Then he had a famiky issue and had to take time away. That ended all of that. With all the injuries at rb this spring it should help him get reacclimated since he’ll have plenty of opportunities. Imo the situation ended up working out perfectly.
I smell ya 🐐 (BIG PAUSE), but they tried to “ease” him back into things. Kum on now 🐐u no better

Advertisement
Crap - I just spoke to a good buddy of mine in the AD that was at practice today. TFWIW but apparently the staff is going to make Lou a captain for the UF game. Went on to say that his knowledge of the playbook is unmatched amongst his OL counterpart and the staff sees him as another coach out there, ability be damned.

He also told me that the Washington OG transfer really wanted to come but Mario couldn't promise him a starting job because he was torn about benching his nephew.

We seriously might be f*cked.

Zero chance any of that is true

He started the bowl game ahead of all those guys. Wouldn't put it past Mario to say "***** everybody" and start his nephew at LG because family comes first.

brilliant, astute and reasonable take. did you see the pouring of the foundation for the John Ruiz Stadium at Tropical Park?

Advertisement
Lou started at LG the last time Miami took the field. Was that a motivational tactic as well?
All part of the plan. Is it really motivation if the intended players think to themselves, "no way that scrub will actually ever start over me"?

Yea, now they can't do that bc San Mario actually started him. Now the players that need motivating are thinking, "****, that scrub started over me, I gotta step up".

You gotta think with your head brother. 16-0

Crap - I just spoke to a good buddy of mine in the AD that was at practice today. TFWIW but apparently the staff is going to make Lou a captain for the UF game. Went on to say that his knowledge of the playbook is unmatched amongst his OL counterpart and the staff sees him as another coach out there, ability be damned.

He also told me that the Washington OG transfer really wanted to come but Mario couldn't promise him a starting job because he was torn about benching his nephew.

We seriously might be f*cked.
You’re either an idiot or an epic troll - which is in either case fairly useless. And the janitor in the gattis case does not count as someone in the AD

Last edited:
You stated you were sure Mario wants to win and knows how to win. Then dismissed a 4 quarter football game as if the results didn't matter to Mario. Lou could start, and that is a fact. I won't debate the likelihood because I do not know.

Advertisement
Back